Minshew Mania: Eagles trade 2022 conditional 6th to Jags for Gardner Minshew

Agent23

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I really want you to be wrong about this...... 

Hope I am because he seems like a nice kid. Just want him gone as fast as possible so they can work on finding a real QB1.

8 minutes ago, vaff said:

Imagine getting angry at something so irrelevant.

Who got angry? 

5 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Hope I am because he seems like a nice kid. Just want him gone as fast as possible so they can work on finding a real QB1.

I don't feel good about it either

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bacarty2 said:

a bad team just traded for a QB3 and your making fun of me lol got it

Uhh, yeah even bad teams need backup qbs. At best, he passes Flacco on the depth chart and is the primary backup this year, at worst he becomes the primary backup next year and ensures we never have to see Nick Mullens take any regular season snaps this year. So yeah, parting with a 6 that we could eventually recoup is not some drastic move or a cause for whining.

• Like 3

I can't wait to hear the fans screaming for Minshew after Hurts throws his first INT.

Eagles fans prefer style over substance when it comes to QBs.

I like it. 

There are now 2 decent backup QBs on the roster in case Hurts gets injured at some point this season. 2 and 2a, I would label them. Flacco gets the nod to stay at 2 due to knowing the Offense, being here all during the pre-season, helping Hurts, and having a good relationship with the HC.

IMO Flacco is here all season and then next year Minshew moves to the 2 QB.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

I like it. 

There are now 2 decent backup QBs on the roster in case Hurts gets injured at some point this season. 2 and 2a, I would label them. Flacco gets the nod to stay at 2 due to knowing the Offense, being here all during the pre-season, helping Hurts, and havinh a good relationship with the HC.

IMO Flacco is here all season and then next year Minshew moves to the 2 QB.

I think that is what is most likely.  However, if Howie finds a way to finagle a team to give up an early 3rd day pick for Flacco …

Doubt it but stranger things have happened.  

• Like 1

Mullens is gone. Then he bumps Flacco from the #2 spot in the very near future. The kid can play.

3 hours ago, Bacarty2 said:

hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaah

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Intelligent response. Feel free to make an actual retort. Your hot takes are hot turds. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

Just announced as this was written by Adam Schefter.

(Apologies, didn't see any other posts on this when I posted this one).

It's for a 6th round pick that could become a fifth.

Big upgrade over what is there to back up Hurts.

Bad move, they should have waited for the cutdown to 53 to see who became available, but no, Howie is just itching to get rid of draft picks like the dumbarse he is.

15 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Bad move, they should have waited for the cutdown to 53 to see who became available, but no, Howie is just itching to get rid of draft picks like the dumbarse he is.

Mullins is available

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Eagles fans prefer style over substance when it comes to QBs.

Please elaborate. Foles is loved here and he has the same style as Napoleon Dynamite. Sure uncle Rico is rather stylish, but Hurts is rather dapper himself.

3 hours ago, 700Level4Life said:

Hurts, Flacco, and Minshew...not the best QB room. I thought Flacco would be starting games later in the year because Hurts doesn't make it through the year because of poor play. Minshew changes the game. He's better than Flacco at this point. Right? 

....and likely better than Hurts.  Not sure how many games he will start but am pretty certain within a couple of months from now,  the fanbase will be screaming for him.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1