Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

5 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

He will have a good support system in Philly with the correct resources. His price won’t be high either. Mid round pick most likely. He will have to restructure his contract too. The upside is way worth it.

Brandon Brooks says hi

2 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

Nah

My preference is to stay put and/or accumulate early picks next year absolutely.  Just trying something different.  Grab an LB and maybe a DT in free agency and that could be a solid offseason.

13 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Speaking of "out of the box" first round, I usually hate trading up but figured I'd give it a shot to see how things played out and I don't hate it.  Love Hamilton, but obviously a steep price to pay and we have plenty of holes to address.

987242620_ScreenShot2022-01-15at1_29_19PM.thumb.png.82010821fc4c24ea43bc5710fc848f05.png

What was the trade to get up to 4? 

12 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

He will have a good support system in Philly with the correct resources. His price won’t be high either. Mid round pick most likely. He will have to restructure his contract too. The upside is way worth it.

Falcons can actually roll over his contact because he missed so much time, so he would only cost $1.9M for next year and then have the $12M option year. But I think you are looking at a lot more than just a mid round pick to acquire him. 

2 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

Fully expect Howie to revisit this trade in the off-season.

Watson was adamant about going to Miami, now he has to be open to other sports.

You do remember why Watson wanted out? he hates the GM and the owner. 

You really think he will like Howie? Wasnt it also mentioned he wanted an minority GM and Coach? 

Need to get off the Watson talk. that ship is long gone. 

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Brandon Brooks says hi

He missed 5 games in 2016 when he was diagnosed. He hasn’t missed a game for mental issues since. He now manages it well from his public statements.

You have made it known you would be in for Watson. Super strange you’re willing to do that but a mid round pick for Ridley is a deal breaker.

18 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Speaking of "out of the box" first round, I usually hate trading up but figured I'd give it a shot to see how things played out and I don't hate it.  Love Hamilton, but obviously a steep price to pay and we have plenty of holes to address.

987242620_ScreenShot2022-01-15at1_29_19PM.thumb.png.82010821fc4c24ea43bc5710fc848f05.png

I don't mind trading up for Hamilton but I feel like it only happens if he drops in the 7-10 range. 4 would be steep.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Falcons can actually roll over his contact because he missed so much time, so he would only cost $1.9M for next year and then have the $12M option year. But I think you are looking at a lot more than just a mid round pick to acquire him. 

I don’t think the Falcons will get much more for him, a 4th most likely, highest would be a 3rd. Add in a 5th or 6th from next year. Throw Reagor in for fun.

8 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

He missed 5 games in 2016 when he was diagnosed. He hasn’t missed a game for mental issues since. He now manages it well from his public statements.

You have made it known you would be in for Watson. Super strange you’re willing to do that but a mid round pick for Ridley is a deal breaker.

Why has Brooks not returned from injury this year and there is no updates ??

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Why has Brooks not returned from injury this year and there is no updates ??

Lol so you’re making stuff up. Okay since we are doing that, it’s more likely he is retiring after the season for injury reasons and wants to keep the benefits of the Eagles facilities until then.

41 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Not a class action or even close to one but many folks confuse mass litigation on a similar basis with a class action.  Major difference is that individuals can settle their actions in this type of litigation. Fact 18 were willing to settle suggests Watson’s team offered an all or none deal.  Plaintiff attorneys run a risk of running afoul of the Phillips decision if they offer an all or nothing.  They better have a written agreement by each plaintiff to do that, which is extremely unlikely.  If the depositions of the plaintiffs are ongoing, since those aren’t sealed, reporting on them could come in the near future. BTW, a forty hour deposition would be brutal. Basically five days.  Given that his massages probably lasted an hour or so, forty seems extreme and probably bluster as a threat by the plaintiff attorney.

I know it’s not a class action I was joking…. To a point.  22 women is a lot and I believe he’s screwed.  In a trade, a 5th round pick is as high as I would go.  

4 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

I don’t think the Falcons will get much more for him, a 4th most likely, highest would be a 3rd. Add in a 5th or 6th from next year. Throw Reagor in for fun.

Any trade for him will most likely be contingent on him signing a contract extension. I doubt he goes for anything less than a high 2nd.

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

He’s in his 40’s. Maybe a priority UDFA

I heard he only has one or 2 more seasons before he retires.

2 minutes ago, bitbased said:

Any trade for him will most likely be contingent on him signing a contract extension. I doubt he goes for anything less than a high 2nd.

He has 1 year over 1000 yards, sat out most of the year, and doesn’t want to be in Atlanta. No way he is traded for that high of a pick. And if he is then I’m not interested anymore. I just think his upside is worth a mid round pick.

13 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

Disagree on that, but we’ll see. They just got a 2nd and 4th for Julio Jones and a 6th who is 32 and missed half the 2020 season. I think a second at minimum is what it takes for a guy like Ridley who just turned 27 and is in his prime. 

Eagles are 2nd in the NFL in second half points scored this season.  Not only does that tell us how big of an irrelevant declaration of Hurts this past offseason that he would forever struggle to score points in the second half of games because teams would adjust always adjust to him and he would be incapable of adjusting.  But it also tells us that the Eagles just have to keep it close in the first half and as long as they aren't going into half down 2-3 scores then they have a legitimate shot to win the game.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RLC said:

Kendricks played well for us in multiple seasons (2013, 2014, 2015). His "bad" season was the first year with Schwartz where he lost playing time to both Hicks and Bradham.

As for drafting defense, I won't even criticize Howie here. Since 2013, we simply haven't drafted a lot of defense in the top 100. Criticizing Howie's drafting on offense is way more on-board than defense. 

No he didn't draft defense a lot, but every time he did, he failed.  

Long story short, if Howie had drafted better on offense and not need to burn 3 1st round picks and a second round pick to come away with 1 WR, then maybe he could have tried defense more.  But when he did, he failed miserably.   Simply put, he hasnt drafted well, and afan pointing to depth players when this team lacks starter quality players (defensively) is no defense for Howie's failures and short sightedness.

@justrelax, the thought of him at RG makes me very excited. Would take a RD2 pick.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Disagree on that, but we’ll see. They just got a 2nd and 4th for Julio Jones and a 6th who is 32 and missed half the 2020 season. I think a second at minimum is what it takes for a guy like Ridley who just turned 27 and is in his prime. 

Jones had 771 in 2020 in 9 games. He has 6 seasons with better results than Ridleys best season.   Yes he was older but he wasn’t exactly slowing down yet. The Titans also overpaid because they were close to the SB and they are in their window. Based on that I don’t think they will get better than a 3rd for Ridley.

34 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

What was the trade to get up to 4? 

#15 and #16.  Tried to use the lower first and got denied.  Tried to add in a mid round pick and again denied.  Didn't want to mess around with future firsts.  Love Hamilton but in reality that's probably too steep a price to make it worth it.

• Like 2

Dan Quinn is the favorite for the Broncos job.

Man, they never learn. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Weird they would activate Bernard first..