EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

5 minutes ago, uncphillyfan said:

Nick Foles anyone?

I would say go for it if the bears release him. Have a feeling they won’t cause they are cheap. Can’t see them taking a 7.66 mil dead hit to save 3 mil with their ownership being cheap. 

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I'll do a final tally at some point this week. It's close.

Cool.

Need to know whether or not I should add a page to my lifetime achievements scrapbook.

Just now, Freshmilk said:

Goff?  Man, he blows.  Thankfully even Howie knows that.  

Does he though? Cause Goff was the chocolate or vanilla or was he sausage or pepperoni 

1 hour ago, Waiting4Someday said:

McLeod is cooked - and how could we even compare with Hurts back there.

I think that it is likely that Burks is BPA around one of our picks, and adding a veteran WR is also a good avenue to take. That said, this defense isn’t going to get much more aggressive if we keep rolling out has-beens and never-were back there.

Watching Rodney getting run over yesterday  by a 4th string RB was pretty bad. We need two new safeties. Give me Williams from the Saints, if not him then Jessie Bates. There's no other options. Then draft another one between rounds 1-3 depending on who's on the board. 

2 hours ago, Swoop said:

It's something, I guess. This is going to take time. Those that think a strong defensive draft is going to suddenly make us contenders have their head in the sand.

Maybe not immediately.  But it would be a start.

1 minute ago, ToastJenkins said:

He can go. Pay fangio

Just saying you think fangio would choose us over some other places? just hypothetically if Dan Quinn becomes the broncos coach (rumored he’s a favorite) i could see fangio taking the Dallas dc job due to the pieces they have to work with. 

What do you want to see for next season? 

You would like to see the WRs develop along with the overall passing game. The run game will be fine with this OL if they can avoid injuries. It probably won’t be #1 again, but they will still have a good ground game.  The defense needs a massive injection of new and young talent to see if they can become a serviceable group. 

Could you develop the WRs with Hurts as QB next year? What about Minshew?

Carr/Jimmy G/Goff? Could they help develop the WRs? What’s the cost you would be willing to give up for them? 

2 minutes ago, wussbasket said:

You would like to see the WRs develop along with the overall passing game. The run game will be fine with this OL if they can avoid injuries. It probably won’t be #1 again, but they will still have a good ground game.  The defense needs a massive injection of new and young talent to see if they can become a serviceable group. 

Carr/Jimmy G/Goff? Could they help develop the WRs? What’s the cost you would be willing to give up for them? 

Never thought I'd see the day eagles fans are so disappointed with hurts that they actually consider Goff.

Goff is hot trash.

Look at Hurts in the pocket pre snap.  Just one random play from a Twitter feed.  He’s crouched as low as the running back.  There’s no way he can see a damn thing going on with the defense.  His helmet is ass level on Mailata and Dickerson.  

This is high school jv level BS.  It’s an embarrassment the coaches allow it.

9BEB2389-E61A-42B8-82E3-572CD71338E1.jpeg

Want nothing to do with Goff.

Gross.

Minshew or Carr at the right price.

Go heavy defense in the draft early.

Would love to see two quality starters drafted on defense in the 1st round and maybe Linderbaum if he's BPA. But not confident one iota in Howie. He's gonna eff this up somehow.

2 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Look at Hurts in the pocket pre snap.  Just one random play from a Twitter feed.  He’s crouched as low as the running back.  There’s no way he can see a damn thing going on with the defense.  His helmet is ass level on Mailata and Dickerson.  

9BEB2389-E61A-42B8-82E3-572CD71338E1.jpeg

That's a bit disingenuous  The ball is moving.   You don't need to make stuff up.  We all saw he sucked yesterday.

21 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Does he though? Cause Goff was the chocolate or vanilla or was he sausage or pepperoni 

Now he does.

Guest justrelax
51 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Here is an outside the box thought on the QB situation. Not saying its the answer. But maybe a reasonable bridge option.

Jared Goff contract https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/detroit-lions/jared-goff-18949/ is not crippling. It has a potential out this offseason. Do the Lions move on?

He is quite a bit like Hurts in his inability to read a defense. BUT, he can potentially play in the 1 read system we have created for Hurts, and deliver the ball more accurately. And get it downfield better. There would be some improvement for us. He will throw to the WRs. And hes probably at the point where hes going to become reasonably cheap. He doesnt have much time left before he becomes a long term backup.

It seems the eagles liked him in that draft and would have selected him if Wentz went first. Im sure at this point they wont think he is the future but if they like the character, and think his arm talent can improve our passing game...

Maybe work a re-structure, and trade Hurts for him.

That’s pretty good.

Maybe very good.

You’ve been on a roll lately.

20 minutes ago, downundermike said:

What happened to the Hurts is the future crowd ??

Jalen Hurts GIFs | Tenor

Yesterday 

I think the hunched lower stance is from running the read option plays. It's probably a habit that carries over to every other play (possibly partially to keep the defense honest, you can't have a passing stance and a lower running stance for read options).

3 minutes ago, Mortimer said:

That's a bit disingenuous  The ball is moving.   You don't need to make stuff up.  We all saw he sucked yesterday.

Go back and find ANY pre snap photo and you’ll see him in the same position. 

10 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Never thought I'd see the day eagles fans are so disappointed with hurts that they actually consider Goff.

Goff is hot trash.

Well that’s what I’m kind of getting at. How much would the bar raise if the Eagles spent resources on a bridge QB and how much better would the team really be? 

I don’t think they would improve all that much, especially with this defense. I feel we are stuck with Hurts/Minshew for next season and then just reevaluate from there.

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Did you watch the game?  You think the ball has moved enough (in super slow motion) to allow Hurts the time to crouch low to receive it?  Talk about disingenuous.  He does that.  A lot.  

Please.  How many seconds does it take for the ball to get hiked for 3 yards.  The ball is already moving and he can crouch down afterwards?

9 minutes ago, wussbasket said:

My list in order of preference for QB would be:

Pickett (not gonna happen; he'll get drafted top 6 or 7)

Russell Wilson -- think he leaves SEA, but I doubt he would come to Philly; would not offer more than a first in 2022, a first in 2023, and Hurts

Minshew -- just trade Hurts to the highest bidder and move on, or let Minshew win the job in training camp

Carr -- I think LV keeps him

Garappolo -- I think he gets traded in principle by end of January, like Stafford last year

Hurts -- suffer another year of frustration for the good of building the roster, draft defense and more defense

Carson Strong -- will likely get over-drafted as well.  He'd be a backup to Minshew to develop for a year

Archived