EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Go back and find ANY pre snap photo and you’ll see him in the same position. 

Then why pick that particular photo with the ball moving?  

Guest justrelax
11 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Look at Hurts in the pocket pre snap.  Just one random play from a Twitter feed.  He’s crouched as low as the running back.  There’s no way he can see a damn thing going on with the defense.  His helmet is ass level on Mailata and Dickerson.  

This is high school jv level BS.  It’s an embarrassment the coaches allow it.

9BEB2389-E61A-42B8-82E3-572CD71338E1.jpeg

Nothing wrong with it whatsoever. Significantly reduces the damage from a bad snap.

P.S. Opeta looks off balance already.

Just now, justrelax said:

Nothing wrong with it whatsoever. Significantly reduces the damage from a bad snap.

Yeah, we’re really stretching for things to criticize him about when there are plenty of legit things already at our disposal. 

Just now, justrelax said:

Yeah, I figure it would make the mesh exchange with the RB more fluid as well.  If he stood straight up, he’s still short and would be looking at OL jerseys once the play gets going anyway.

34 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Can we trade Gannon for Watson ??  Yes, I am kidding, or am I ??

I didn't think Gannon would get a head coaching job this cycle, but 3 HC interviews is nothing to sneeze at.

The Eagles had best start planning quickly in case he gets hired.  My wish list would be Fangio, Kris Richard and Jerod Mayo.

3 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Over/Under on Stafford INT tonight?

Under.  I think he plays a clean game and they take the Cardinals out behind the wood shed.  Kupp is gonna go off tonight.

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

Yeah, we’re really stretching for things to criticize him about when there are plenty of legit things already at our disposal. 

Yeah it is low on the totem pole. The bigger concern is he’s slow at processing what he’s seeing, he’s bailing on clean pockets, he’s not anticipating throws and I don’t think he has a strong enough arm to make some of the throws you need against better defenses. 

on top of all this the eagles went 0-7 against playoff teams. It’s not that you’re just 0-7 but they really got beat down. They lost by an average of 13.7 points. And I would argue some of those games like yesterday when it was 31-0 in the 4th and they got garbage time scores to make it look more respectable in the box score. 

8 minutes ago, wussbasket said:

Well that’s what I’m kind of getting at. How much would the bar raise if the Eagles spent resources on a bridge QB and how much better would the team really be? 

I don’t think they would improve all that much, especially with this defense. I feel we are stuck with Hurts/Minshew for next season and then just reevaluate from there.

Yup, Goff doesn't move the needle at all, sure he's a better passer but not so much that he replaces what hurts gives you as a runner.

I think the best course of action is to roll with hurts next year and look to the 2023 draft fir a long-term qb 

I'm not sure who any of those would be but I'm not impressed with any of the qbs in upcoming draft, none of them are in my opinion any higher ceilings than hurts.

I'd hope they'd build the defense but Lurie is so he'll be t on having an elite passing offense that Howie will probably use the first 3 picks on offense 👎

Just now, downundermike said:

Under.  I think he plays a clean game and they take the Cardinals out behind the wood shed.  Kupp is gonna go off tonight.

Yeah last 5 games for the cardinals defense has not been good. Maybe jj watt being activated makes a difference but their secondary has been bad. It’s why i said at the deadline corner should've been the higher priority

D3B28B80-F4BA-4419-AA43-6BB170FF5A6D.jpeg

I wouldn’t want my QB in that stance pre snap , RB fine , but not when I’m trying to teach him to be a QB , waste of time prior to the throw ,  resetting feet , that stance screams run the ball

7 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

9 minutes ago, justrelax said:

P.S. Opeta looks off balance already.

Standing in the pocket and surveying the defense is an unimportant stretch?  I must have gone to sleep and waken into a world where our Eagles play some other sport.

Well the Bucs did us a favor. We know pretty obviously now that Hurts will never make progress on the basics of QBing. Send him somewhere for a 4th.

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

If that’s the case, than that is a pre-snap tell that DC’s love to see.  It’s something a running QB, who struggles with reading the defense, would do.  

Sure - I guess. If he’s doing it all the time, then I don’t think it can be considered a tell (or I should give the OL even more credit for their run blocking). Honestly, this hasn’t quite made it into my top-10 Swag gripes - I’ll happily bow out of this one.

5 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Over/Under on Stafford INT tonight?

I'm going to go with 2 INTs. He's been really bad with ball management lately. 8 INTs in the last 4 games.

5 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Standing in the pocket and surveying the defense is an unimportant stretch?  I must have gone to sleep and waken into a world where our Eagles play some other sport.

If he actually can’t see the defense then maybe you’d be onto something. I’m sure he can see the back 7 just fine presnap. 

1 minute ago, bitbased said:

I'm going to go with 2 INTs. He's been really bad with ball management lately. 8 INTs in the last 4 games.

I keep hearing Matt Stafford is a top-tier QB.  I also keep hearing about The Loch Ness Monster, a Simulated Universe, Vampires, and Cerberus

I don't believe in any of the above until I see it for myself.

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

He doesn’t do it all the time.  That’s the point of the pre-snap tell, comment.  

Gotcha - that makes sense.

Forget football.  Let’s answer a riddle.  

You are 6’ tall.  You have a row of 5.5-6’ bushes (approximate height of an in-stance OL) dividing your yard from your neighbor’s yard.

Now go crouch behind those bushes.  

Let me know how much of your neighbors yard you can see.  Try to count how many people are at their bbq.

Guest justrelax
5 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I guess you must have.

Guest justrelax
1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

You are 6’ tall.  You have a row of 5.5-6’ bushes (approximate height of an in-stance OL) dividing your yard from your neighbor’s yard.

Let me know how much of your neighbors yard you can see.  Try to count how many people are at their bbq.

This whole discussion is stupid. He stands up until very shortly before the snap, at which point he should be making damn sure he secures the snap. Sheesh!

2 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Lol. Are there gaps between those bushes? Am I standing 15 feet behind those bushes?

Are you really trying to pretend that Hurts is unable to see all 11 defenders on the field presnap? Are you really?

Just now, ManuManu said:

Lol. Are there gaps between those bushes? Am I standing 15 feet behind those bushes?

Are you really trying to pretend that Hurts is unable to see all 11 defenders on the field presnap? Are you really?

Him not being able to see the defense would explain a lot ...

Archived