EMB Blog: Fantasy League

Connecticut Eagle

I noticed my team is ranked 3rd after the draft. I wonder how much lower it would have been if I didnt steal Carson Strong from you losers as my QB3.

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

How do the waivers work exactly? I know you have to put a bid in but is that your max bid, or are we putting in just one bid? Cause I think I screwed myself

9 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

How do the waivers work exactly? I know you have to put a bid in but is that your max bid, or are we putting in just one bid? Cause I think I screwed myself

I'm confused by the question (I may be dumb)

12 hours ago, schuy7 said:

I'm confused by the question (I may be dumb)

When you put in a waiver claim, it forces you to enter an amount between $1 and $100. I was assuming this is some type of bid and whoever bids the most gets the player?

The more I think about it, I have no idea what this even is. If it's a waiver claim shouldn't the waiver order be the priority?

are you guys doing a fab (free agent budget) type waivers where you have to bid on players? i've been wanting to try that but my league is old school so idk if they'd go for it. 

32 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

When you put in a waiver claim, it forces you to enter an amount between $1 and $100. I was assuming this is some type of bid and whoever bids the most gets the player?

The more I think about it, I have no idea what this even is. If it's a waiver claim shouldn't the waiver order be the priority?

Yeah, the player goes to the highest bidder. I think the only purpose of any kind of waiver order for this system is for tiebreakers, $1 vs $1 for example. 

25 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

are you guys doing a fab (free agent budget) type waivers where you have to bid on players? i've been wanting to try that but my league is old school so idk if they'd go for it. 

Yeah we do. Started it last year in this league and with my friends in my main league. It’s the best system by far to me. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

Yeah, the player goes to the highest bidder. I think the only purpose of any kind of waiver order for this system is for tiebreakers, $1 vs $1 for example. 

Oh ok. So it's not a max bid we are putting in, it's a bid you have to pay if you win the player even if no one else bids on them, right?

24 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Oh ok. So it's not a max bid we are putting in, it's a bid you have to pay if you win the player even if no one else bids on them, right?

Yeah you’re gonna be charged that amount as long as you win the player, whatever your bid is. 

51 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

Yeah you’re gonna be charged that amount as long as you win the player, whatever your bid is. 

Well F me. I thought it was a max so put something stupid high just to make sure I got them

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Well F me. I thought it was a max so put something stupid high just to make sure I got them

image.gif.7e751c96ab1297e2d68b162b127c86d7.gif

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Call we do Best Ball next season?

image.png.317e0e97c738711078f8d408ded3c0ea.png

I screwed up in Hunt's Team League.

Left 75 points on the bench.

Lost by 8.

If anyone is interested/open in dealing for hockenson and a RB or hockenson and Wilson to get upgrade at WR 

• 3 weeks later...

DJ Moore got me 45

@schuy7 defense got -5

ESPN still think's 1 out of 4 times I lose this game lmao. My team sucks. 

8 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

DJ Moore got me 45

@schuy7 defense got -5

ESPN still think's 1 out of 4 times I lose this game lmao. My team sucks. 

Lmao I'm finished. Complete smashing.

On 10/6/2023 at 8:28 PM, schuy7 said:

Lmao I'm finished. Complete smashing.

I almost blew it

3 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I almost blew it

Chase gave me a little hope. Pollard crushed it haha

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Congrats (I guess) to HE on the title win. I guess it really says more about us than it does him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

Congrats (I guess) to HE on the title win. I guess it really says more about us than it does him.

yes it really does. 

thanks I guess. This is as unexcited as I have ever been for any "win" in my illustrious history of winning things. 

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

yes it really does. 

thanks I guess. This is as unexcited as I have ever been for any "win" in my illustrious history of winning things. 

Congrats on the win