EMB Blog: Fantasy League

Connecticut Eagle

I wish I could see what price I wagered for Julio Jones. I think I narrowly missed that pickup. 

I paid up for Taysom Hill thinking maybe he becomes their QB. But I put a decent price on Jones too, but didnt win.

5 hours ago, paco said:

I'm guessing this is as good of a "HELP ME MAKE A DECISION" place as any vs starting a new thread....

Looking for opinions.  In my money league, I have the following WR and TE situation where we play 3 WR and 1 TE (plus 1 flex):

Healthy

WR    DJ Moore, Jerry Jeudy, Michael Thomas
TE    Logan Thomas, Evan Engram

IR\Suspended
WR    DeAndre Hopkins, Jameson Williams

We start 3 WRs, so a light breeze tweaking Thomas sinks me until Hopkins or Williams comes back.  And I waited until my second to last pick to pick up Evan Engram and I picked up Thomas in FA.  So I'm looking for both a backup WR and upgrade at TE (Engram).  There were some interesting drops:

Tyler Lockett

Dawson Knox

David Njoku

I was curious how you all would prioritize the Add\drops.  On one hand, I would think having two middle tier TE's I can play the matchup game would be more important than a short term backup WR, but Lockett is a talent that people are low on given his quiet week 1. 

I order them in the order you have them written. So flip it and you might do the right thing.

In a free 10 team league with a bunch of football idiots who I still can't beat, someone dropped D Pierce already,  and someone out maybe the same person dropped Thielen.

I just picked up Michael Carter who seems fine on PPR and is on my bench.  I wonder if I should keep him or pick up Pierce.

As for Thielen, I have Renfro who seems similar and had a similarly disappointing week 1. As well as Allen Robinson.

I wonder if I should make a move for either player. 

On 9/14/2022 at 9:01 AM, paco said:

I'm guessing this is as good of a "HELP ME MAKE A DECISION" place as any vs starting a new thread....

Looking for opinions.  In my money league, I have the following WR and TE situation where we play 3 WR and 1 TE (plus 1 flex):

Healthy

WR    DJ Moore, Jerry Jeudy, Michael Thomas
TE    Logan Thomas, Evan Engram

IR\Suspended
WR    DeAndre Hopkins, Jameson Williams

We start 3 WRs, so a light breeze tweaking Thomas sinks me until Hopkins or Williams comes back.  And I waited until my second to last pick to pick up Evan Engram and I picked up Thomas in FA.  So I'm looking for both a backup WR and upgrade at TE (Engram).  There were some interesting drops:

Tyler Lockett

Dawson Knox

David Njoku

I was curious how you all would prioritize the Add\drops.  On one hand, I would think having two middle tier TE's I can play the matchup game would be more important than a short term backup WR, but Lockett is a talent that people are low on given his quiet week 1. 

Since you all care, my all injured team that I drafted in the league that nerfs QBs and DEF, I got Knox and Lockett.  It now looks like this:

QB Joe Burrow, Russell Wilson
RB Christian McCaffrey, D'Andre Swift, James Robinson, Raheem Mostert, Jaylen Warren
WR DJ Moore, Jerry Jeudy, Michael Thomas, Tyler Lockett
TE Logan Thomas, Dawson Knox
DEF 49ers, Rams
K lol
IR\Suspended DeAndre Hopkins, Brian Robinson, Jameson Williams, Gus Edwards

We play
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, DEF, Soccer Player

I hate it less now.

Welp, I'm officially waving the white flag. My team is a dumpster fire. Thanks to ESPN for giving me the 10th draft spot, I won't forget it.

• Haha 1

Look at all of us with our sucky teams. In week 2, feels defeating.

This is why if anyone is still playing fantasy in 2022, daily fantasy is the way to go.

You can put a lot, or minimal thought in to a quick roster. Let it play out for the day. Win or lose, you get another chance with a whole new team the next week.

I had a league going with a mix of personal friends, and work friends for a few years.

If anyone ever wanted to start a draftkings league Id be totally in on that. Its not too late. We can start any week.

• Like 1

Gonna have the second most points this week and lose cause the ravens decided to let tyreek hill do whatever he wanted lol 

3 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Gonna have the second most points this week and lose cause the ravens decided to let tyreek hill do whatever he wanted lol 

You can have my win this week. I don't deserve mine.

• Haha 1

I created a contest for week 3 on draftkings if anyone is interested. Made it just 2 dollars so there is a low barrier for entry for everyone. If by chance, it catches on, we can think about changing things per request.

I think this would be fun to do in addition to these yearlong leagues that end up torturing us. Weekly chances for bragging rights, and a little bit of money.

Link to join the contest. Have lineup set by Thursday's kickoff.

https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/132528848

Gonna make a couple claims in my main league, rank the players at each position, non-ppr:

RB: James Robinson, Jeff Wilson

WR: Christian Kirk, Rashod Bateman, Garrett Wilson

3 hours ago, schuy7 said:

Gonna make a couple claims in my main league, rank the players at each position, non-ppr:

RB: James Robinson, Jeff Wilson

WR: Christian Kirk, Rashod Bateman, Garrett Wilson

1. Robinson

2. Bateman

3. Jeff wilson

4. kirk

5. wilson

robinson looks like the best back in Jacksonville. Bateman is a good no. 2 wr. Wilson has value til Mitchell comes back and if he looks good with Jimmy g he might just take it over. Kirk i just trust Lawrence to get him the ball. When Flacco goes back to the bench who knows with Zach wilson. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

1. Robinson

2. Bateman

3. Jeff wilson

4. kirk

5. wilson

robinson looks like the best back in Jacksonville. Bateman is a good no. 2 wr. Wilson has value til Mitchell comes back and if he looks good with Jimmy g he might just take it over. Kirk i just trust Lawrence to get him the ball. When Flacco goes back to the bench who knows with Zach wilson. 

I'm gonna add a RB and a WR. I'm leaning toward Robinson and Kirk. I do worry about Robinson though. Etienne is there and gets receiving work. Jags could be down in a lot of games. Robinson is very TD dependent. I think he averaged like 2.something per carry so far. Jeff Wilson is interesting. He is overlooked, I do have Elijah Mitchell on IR, so it's a natural handcuff. Deebo could always steal some carries too though.

It seems the Jaguars really like Kirk. Bateman is good, but he hasn't seen a ton of targets so far. It's close between them for me. Garrett Wilson is a lot tougher to predict. Just saw 14 targets vs Cleveland, looks super talented. Who knows though. I'd like to have someone who can be a factor in my lineup right away. I have Justin Jefferson and DJ Moore as my top two receivers, but I'm not happy with Moore. I forgot just how bad Baker really is.

5 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

I'm gonna add a RB and a WR. I'm leaning toward Robinson and Kirk. I do worry about Robinson though. Etienne is there and gets receiving work. Jags could be down in a lot of games. Robinson is very TD dependent. I think he averaged like 2.something per carry so far. Jeff Wilson is interesting. He is overlooked, I do have Elijah Mitchell on IR, so it's a natural handcuff. Deebo could always steal some carries too though.

It seems the Jaguars really like Kirk. Bateman is good, but he hasn't seen a ton of targets so far. It's close between them for me. Garrett Wilson is a lot tougher to predict. Just saw 14 targets vs Cleveland, looks super talented. Who knows though. I'd like to have someone who can be a factor in my lineup right away. I have Justin Jefferson and DJ Moore as my top two receivers, but I'm not happy with Moore. I forgot just how bad Baker really is.

I like kirk and Bateman. I tend to lean Bateman just cause the ravens are always going to put up points cause of their offense. There’s a chance the jags offense struggles in some contests and limits kirk. Plus you’d have kirk and robinson on the same team whose offense is likely mediocre at best. I think Bateman has higher upside. He saw a target increase this week whereas kirk saw a 6 target decline.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I like kirk and Bateman. I tend to lean Bateman just cause the ravens are always going to put up points cause of their offense. There’s a chance the jags offense struggles in some contests and limits kirk. Plus you’d have kirk and robinson on the same team whose offense is likely mediocre at best. I think Bateman has higher upside. He saw a target increase this week whereas kirk saw a 6 target decline.  

Good points. I can see Baltimore's passing offense really slowing down, but I definitely don't want to be too invested into Jacksonville.

Opine: DJ Moore, Rashod Bateman, or Allen Robinson - non ppr league

Opine again: 2 of Dameon Pierce, James Robinson, Jeff Wilson