Carson Strong (Nevada QB) -- UDFA SIGNED WITH EAGLES!

4for4EaglesNest

3 hours ago, pgcd3 said:

Is it wrong to be more interested in Kirsten than Carson??  Asking for a friend.

5D620F70-7A19-47B7-BC50-4D38AEE4BD7C.jpeg.c411d3fa19696fbe067937ff0bef41b9.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Great signing. Would’ve been my first choice from the UFA’s. 

On 5/1/2022 at 10:38 AM, KDUB1510 said:

After the Chiefs-Bills playoff game, there was a tweet trending about how some executive said he "Wouldnt draft a QB who cant run in today's NFL". I cant seem to find it. 

I found it. But yea i think the knee combined with the fact that he wasnt a duel threat before the surgery is what caused him to go undrafted. Teams dont want pure pocket passers anymore and certainly not ones with knee issues. That's okay though. He is a glove fit for the offense Sirianni wants to run and the most Philip Rivers like QB he's going to find these days. You couldnt pick a better situation in the NFL for him to beat the odds with. Im pulling for him to be healthy and take over this team at some point, not because i hate Jalen, but because i think Strong's arm talent and skillset could take this offense & team to another level. 

20220504_182112.jpg

If he was a bit more mobile he would have been a top 10 pick...his Arm talent is Elite. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/9/2022 at 11:02 AM, Walkdawalk said:

If he was a bit more mobile he would have been a top 10 pick...his Arm talent is Elite. 

Elite arm talent? We'll be the judge of that...

56 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

Elite arm talent? We'll be the judge of that...

He's certainly up there in terms of arm strength. Multiple tight window & 60+ yard throws on film. Looks kinda effortless at times. I cant wait to see if his arm stands out when throwing against NFL defenses. 

On 5/1/2022 at 12:53 PM, Vortex said:

663B48CA-C421-4F8B-9E16-6863C281583C.jpeg

If "he doesn't know his protections or his offense very well" he better learn in a hurry. He's unlikely to outrun NFL defenses (but isn't that true of most NFL Quarterbacks?) so he's going to have to out-think out-execute them.

On 5/9/2022 at 11:02 AM, Walkdawalk said:

...but does he "pass the eye test"???  

On 6/3/2022 at 6:40 PM, eglz1 said:

If "he doesn't know his protections or his offense very well" he better learn in a hurry. He's unlikely to outrun NFL defenses (but isn't that true of most NFL Quarterbacks?) so he's going to have to out-think out-execute them.

Nevada?  Could be a combination of sub-par coaching and a guy panicking to get drafted by the NFL....

Ultimately if it works out, and by work out, I mean anything from a starter to a draft pick received in a trade, it will have been worth this effort.  The Eagles are literally in a no lose situation with him.

14 hours ago, Vee said:

Nevada?  Could be a combination of sub-par coaching and a guy panicking to get drafted by the NFL....

Ultimately if it works out, and by work out, I mean anything from a starter to a draft pick received in a trade, it will have been worth this effort.  

All going to come down to his knees, will have done good if he last 2-3 years in the NFL.

15 hours ago, Vee said:

His arm certainly does but then like I said he moves slower than molasses in the pocket. Hence, the reason he was undrafted and not a top 10 pick. 

I don't know why but I have really... REALLY... high hopes for this kid.  As in... decades long starter/franchise QB. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, What The F said:

I don't know why but I have really... REALLY... high hopes for this kid.  As in... decades long starter/franchise QB. 

I think you may end up disappointed there bud. 

21 hours ago, What The F said:

Every player is a lottery ticket. I am looking forward to watching Carson Strong in the preseason.

Anyone that dismisses him outright with sweeping generalizations probably hasn't seen the predraft scouting videos and reports.

This kid might turn out to be good. Don't know why fans wouldn't be rooting for this kid to make it.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think you may end up disappointed there bud. 

Could very well be the case. Just a feeling...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CouchKing said:

Every player is a lottery ticket. I am looking forward to watching Carson Strong in the preseason.

Anyone that dismisses him outright with sweeping generalizations probably hasn't seen the predraft scouting videos and reports.

This kid might turn out to be good. Don't know why fans wouldn't be rooting for this kid to make it.

Come on man, you've participated in the threads on our current QB in TATE and you don't understand this?

With Strong it's not so much rooting for a kid not to make it so much as accepting the observable NFL reality that UDFA QB's that make it to starter at all are pretty rare, but UDFA's that make it to starting QB's within a season are rarer than rocking horse turds.

• Like 2

You could probably sell rocking horse turds on amazon. With a little shovel and bucket for the kids to pick em up. Good clean fun.

So, Carson Strong is the new Tony Romo. I think Romo was UDFA.

On 6/16/2022 at 6:08 PM, CouchKing said:

You could probably sell rocking horse turds on amazon. With a little shovel and bucket for the kids to pick em up. Good clean fun.

So, Carson Strong is the new Tony Romo. I think Romo was UDFA.

Romo was a UDFA. I thought he was a late round pick but nope.

On 3/2/2022 at 12:49 PM, KDUB1510 said:

I agree with him. I'd swap Hurts for any of the top 6 QB's in this class. I think they all bring more upside as a passer and most bring more or similar upside as a runner(Literally everyone but Strong lol). But Strong is the guy i think best fits what Sirianni wants to do and comes with prototypical size and rocket arm. He also seems to have all the intangibles. I believe the way we threw the ball the first 7 games is how Sirianni wants to do it. Hurts just wasnt capable so Siri adjusted to a run heavy style and we started to have some success. Strong is used to throwing 40-50 times a game and being efficient while doing so. 

Eagles have the luxury of letting Strong carry a clipboard for a year and take it all in.  Also gives that knee some more time to heal up.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Procus said:

Eagles have the luxury of letting Strong carry a clipboard for a year and take it all in.  Also gives that knee some more time to heal up.

Isn’t it QB2 that holds the clipboard? QB3 doesn’t dress on this team. They should expand the rosters. Where is QB3 on game day? Up in the booth with the OC and pass game coordinator?

Could be Nasty Nate.

Could be Tom Brady.

Probably will be more like AJ Feely.

Time will tell.

On 6/11/2022 at 3:28 PM, Vee said:

Right? Does he have enough swag?

I don't really know why, but I have found myself having a problem with BQs named Carson...don't know why but I also have problem with offensive players named Jaylen...

On 6/22/2022 at 4:26 PM, Mike030270 said:

Rather have a statue that can throw anywhere than a runner who can't

Oh, Hurts can throw. So can I😄. How well is the question and he has to see his receivers before he can awe us with his passing skills. If Strong's knee is indeed healed/healing he might not be the statue everyone is thinking (in some cases hoping). Lots of questions to answer before September 8.