Carson Strong (Nevada QB) -- UDFA SIGNED WITH EAGLES!

4for4EaglesNest

On 10/13/2021 at 7:32 AM, 20dawk4life said:

Strong accurate arm, just not an athlete or playing against great competition. I definitely think he's a guy you can build around. He's not a Siri guy because of RPOs but I think he can end up a franchise QB. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nick-sirianni-reveals-rpos-will-be-part-of-eagles-offense-despite-not-having-extensive-background-in-them/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Love the arm on this guy...he has the red flags around the medicals which need to check out but dude has potential

• Like 1

Everything we desired from Wentz as a passer, this kid has. Arm talent, velocity, touch, ability to read a defense, taking what the defense gives, consistent accuracy, pocket awareness, ability to throw receivers open etc. He has it all, he just cant run. But maybe that's a good thing? Running around is what led to Wentz shredding his knee and being concussed. We have a great offensive line and a Front Office that prioritizes it. I think this kid could be a top 10 QB behind this line throwing to Devonta, Goedert, Quez (and hopefully a solid vet). I think he's gonna wow people with his arm at the Senior Bowl, combine/pro day and if the knee checks out, i think we'll be very interested. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wrestlevessel said:

No because the guy's name is Carson.

Yea but he’s strong. 

• Like 1

Rather have Pickett but wouldnt give much to move up to get him. If not Pickett Id be fine with Strong but not until the 3rd or 4th round. Wouldnt touch this kid in the first two rounds.

12 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Rather have Pickett but wouldnt give much to move up to get him. If not Pickett Id be fine with Strong but not until the 3rd or 4th round. Wouldnt touch this kid in the first two rounds.

What are the chances that he falls that far?  I'd guess 0%.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

What are the chances that he falls that far?  I'd guess 0%.

Then he wouldnt be an Eagle :)

I'd take him at the end of the first if they trade back and couldn't care less what people think about that. He's going to be a good player and the lack of mobility is a good thing to me. It means he has one thing to work on...being a good QB.

• Like 2

We will have to take him at 19. He won’t drop farther than that unless you want to gamble with a Day 2 trade up and I want to use those picks.

• Like 1

The polar opposite of Swag on the field - sign me up. We have the OL to protect and the running game - let this kid deal out damage from the pocket.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Kwahu said:

We will have to take him at 19. He won’t drop farther than that unless you want to gamble with a Day 2 trade up and I want to use those picks.

Nah, if you like a QB in the 1st don’t get cute (15).

• Like 2

I am looking for medicals and how he looks at senior bowl.  I think he is the best passer in the draft.  I don't care if he can't run as long as he can move in the pocket.  I would much rather have someone that can read the field quickly and get it out accurately with a compact release.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Nah, if you like a QB in the 1st don’t get cute (15).

or 16

27 minutes ago, kiwieagle said:

or 16

Might want to tradeback with that one, but that sounds good too.

Areas of concern - medical, mobility (RO package is out, although Foles put the P in RPO), goes down relatively easy, accuracy falls off a lot when on the move and takes some risky deep shots (e.g., will drop a beautiful rainbow over a corner along the sideline but not account for the safety who can come over and make a play on the ball). Played from a relatively clean pocket, and needs to work on moving up in the pocket and stepping into his throws rather than drifting. Level of competition was not the best, so rarely had to make the right decision by throwing it away or forced to make off platform throws, etc.

• Like 1

Do. Not. Want. Look he's got a cannon of an arm. He's a pocket passer and I get that there's a huge thirst for that now but we want a bit of mobility. I don't think it's good having a QB with no mobility who is young because he's only going to get worse in that sense. And the medical concerns are a real concern. 

Sounds interesting to me.  He's everything that we need and don't have right now. 

• Like 1