Carson Strong (Nevada QB) -- UDFA SIGNED WITH EAGLES!

4for4EaglesNest

5 hours ago, What The F said:

Use our first 2 picks on Defense. Trade back with the 3rd one to the end of the 1st and pick up a 2nd then take Strong with one of those picks. 

I think by Senior Bowl and Combine that this kid will be firmly 1st round if not above our range. But it’s not like we don’t have the resources to make a minor trade up. 

13 hours ago, Kwahu said:

I think by Senior Bowl and Combine that this kid will be firmly 1st round if not above our range. But it’s not like we don’t have the resources to make a minor trade up. 

I honestly dont think he's gonna rise into a top 15 pick. The NFL has a hard on for duel threat QB's and that simply isn't his game. Im almost certain Corral, Willis, Pickett & Howell will all get drafted before him. I'd pull the trigger with any of our picks because i believe he'd be an absolute stud in our offense, but i dont see Howie & Lurie drafting a non duel threat QB in the 1st. 

• Like 2

Looking unremarkable in the Senior Bowl so far. Threw a pick, looked uncharacteristic on the ball. Good thing it doesn’t really matter.

• Like 1

He was underwhelming today. Still like the tape and the fit. Would be happy if we could get him in the 2nd round. 

• Like 1

I still say somebody aims for him in the 1st. Would be overjoyed if he reaches our 2nd. Looks like he’s coming out at least one more time so let’s see.

Moves in the pocket well and draws the flag in the red zone. Why even try a kicker in the 4th in the Senior Bowl though, I wanted to see this kid on 4th down.

still very big on Strong.

All the hype went flat today. he is horrible against any real talent. Horrible ball placement. He looked like a practice squad QB today. 

I don’t think he looked horrible, but my 1st rounder hype is out the window unless there is a QB mad team. Still showed the pocket presence I liked but it’s a legit question why he was so timid on the deep ball today. 

I think the Eagles Plan A is still Wilson or Watson.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Kwahu said:

I don’t think he looked horrible, but my 1st rounder hype is out the window unless there is a QB mad team. Still showed the pocket presence I liked but it’s a legit question why he was so timid on the deep ball today. 

I think the Eagles Plan A is still Wilson or Watson.

National Passing
  C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT
Kenny Pickett 6/6 89 14.8 1 0
Desmond Ridder 4/6 68 11.3 2 0
Carson Strong 6/11 67 6.1 0 1
TEAM 16/23 217 9.4 3

He looked HORRIBLE. So many off target passes. Out of all the QBs in this game he looked the worst throwing the ball. Thats saying alot since Willis was really bad himself. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:
National Passing
  C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT
Kenny Pickett 6/6 89 14.8 1 0
Desmond Ridder 4/6 68 11.3 2 0
Carson Strong 6/11 67 6.1 0 1
TEAM 16/23 217 9.4 3

He looked HORRIBLE. So many off target passes. Out of all the QBs in this game he looked the worst throwing the ball. Thats saying alot since Willis was really bad himself. 

Damn that is striking. Very odd and different from his game tape too. 

On 2/6/2022 at 12:56 AM, D-Shiznit said:

Strong flopped hard this week, was much more impressed with Ridder.

Pickett and Ridder stood out...but it's so hard to grasp too much good or bad in an unknown scheme and rotating WRs with Strong. 

The only QB that's a "no go" for me is WIllis.  He had a decent week, but I don't want another "run around" QB (even with a much better arm).

• Like 2

On 2/7/2022 at 6:38 AM, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Pickett and Ridder stood out...but it's so hard to grasp too much good or bad in an unknown scheme and rotating WRs with Strong. 

The only QB that's a "no go" for me is WIllis.  He had a decent week, but I don't want another "run around" QB (even with a much better arm).

I was wondering if they just ran a simplified O and sent plays into the QBs to run because Strong is used to having total control over the O at Nevada.  Some QBs will look good with a just week to practice a simple O scheme while others require something different and more complex.  IMO, it's not the end all be all gauge for what kind of QB you're going to get at the NFL level. 

• Like 1

I like this kid.  Can't teach size.  As for the knee, sure it's a risk, but that could let him slip in the draft.

8 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

I was wondering if they just ran a simplified O and sent plays into the QBs to run because Strong is used to having total control over the O at Nevada.  Some QBs will look good with a just week to practice a simple O scheme while others require something different and more complex.  IMO, it's not the end all be all gauge for what kind of QB you're going to get at the NFL level. 

There's no way to get an offense functional in a week.  The OLine was disjointed.  WRs have no relationship with QB.  All QBs have to play so it's hard to get rhythm.   All of 5hat is expected. All of the top QBs were OK.  I'd guess the big thing is showing leadership and a feel for professional offenses and coaching. 

Strong's big test is the knee.  He has the rest.

• Like 1

I really want this guy to be an Eagle. None of the QB's in this class throw the ball better and besides Bryce Young, i dont see one that throws it better next year either. Stafford rushed for a whopping 43 yards on 32 carries this year so i dont want to hear about lack of mobility. Strong could be an absolute stud in this system where guys are running wide open every game and he is protected by a top 5 O-line. 

• Like 1

I agree and now hopefully the 1st round buzz has died off so you won’t have to worry too much about spending valuable capital on him

To me the Senior Bowl juxtaposition from his game tape is a concern, but a coachable one. I’d love to see somebody take over Gruden’s disgraced shoes and do a QB Camp and grill him on that. He does not seem to be the guy you can just throw in on Week 1. I would love to see Brian Johnson work with this kid and get him in sync with our passing game, there were so many plays where Hurts was a split second late that Strong would have hit.

Or course this is all contingent on Hurts not working out and Wilson/FAs not happening. I just don’t see them drafting a QB if they end up rolling with Hurts and Minshew again.

On 2/16/2022 at 1:09 PM, KDUB1510 said:

I really want this guy to be an Eagle. None of the QB's in this class throw the ball better and besides Bryce Young, i dont see one that throws it better next year either. Stafford rushed for a whopping 43 yards on 32 carries this year so i dont want to hear about lack of mobility. Strong could be an absolute stud in this system where guys are running wide open every game and he is protected by a top 5 O-line. 

Agree. I still want them to pick him with a trade back. 

• Like 1