Lane Johnson posts personal message about depression & anxiety, returning to the field soon

time2rock

Being reported Lane will be inactive today for a personal reason.

The Eagles’ have suffered a big and unexpected loss on their offensive line today.

Philadelphia right tackle Lane Johnson is inactive against the Chiefs.

The Eagles said Johnson is out because of a "personal matter.” Johnson was not on the injury report and there was no indication during the week that he wouldn’t play.

Philadelphia’s offensive line was already struggling, and with Johnson out, the Eagles are going to have an incredibly difficult time moving the ball against the Chiefs.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/03/eagles-lane-johnson-inactive-for-personal-matter/

Picked a hell of a day to take a personal day. It's got to be something huge

People are guessing he failed another drug test but I thought those were publicly announced because he'd get suspended for a full year this time

• Like 1

This is just so depressing. This team just misses so many guys every damn week. I know this isn't an injury but still.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cheesteakitis said:

eagles better take 3 linemen with these first round picks 

QB is going to take one. 

7 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

This is just so depressing. This team just misses so many guys every damn week. I know this isn't an injury but still.

Hell of a time to take a personal day. 

• Like 2

Down to just Kelce as the original projected starter playing ... once again.  Crazy.  

I don’t know what’s up with Lane and I hope he or his family is okay, but it always just feel like there’s always something going on with this guy. There were also talk that he was having ankle issues before this game too. This team needs an overhaul. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cheesteakitis said:

eagles better take 3 linemen with these first round picks 

Defense all the way. Also a RG.

• Like 1

Nobody listened to me (Howie???) when I said before the season we should get rid of the old guys; Johnson, Brooks, Cox, Graham, etc. Now look where we are.

18 minutes ago, Big___Al said:

Nobody listened to me (Howie???) when I said before the season we should get rid of the old guys; Johnson, Brooks, Cox, Graham, etc. Now look where we are.

He could of had a family emergency. Calm down, life happens and football doesn’t have to be the #1 priority in these guys life. They’re human too. Lane has been on this squad for nearly 10 years, if he missed a game for personal matters it’s probably a big deal. Let’s wait until Lane addresses it. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dwide Schrude said:

He could of had a family emergency. Calm down, life happens and football doesn’t have to be the #1 priority in these guys life. They’re human too. Lane has been on this squad for nearly 10 years, if he missed a game for personal matters it’s probably a big deal. Let’s wait until Lane addresses it. 

I sympathize and hope it is nothing tragic with Johnson or his family, but that doesn't change my main point, which should be pretty obvious to all.

11 minutes ago, Big___Al said:

I sympathize and hope it is nothing tragic with Johnson or his family, but that doesn't change my main point, which should be pretty obvious to all.

So in a season where evaluation plays a big role, mainly of the young QB to see if he’s the guy, you’d want to make his life more difficult and thus making it harder to evaluate? How’s defense looked so far without Brandon Graham? How about the dead cap ramifications?

17 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

So in a season where evaluation plays a big role, mainly of the young QB to see if he’s the guy, you’d want to make his life more difficult and thus making it harder to evaluate? How’s defense looked so far without Brandon Graham? How about the dead cap ramifications?

I don't pretend to understand all the cap ramifications. I just believe we could have got good stuff for some of the oldies, and philosophically think that we needed a major rebuild, all at once, so they could gel in a couple years.

1 hour ago, Big___Al said:

They can't, Howie extended their contracts so they're stuck with these guys at least a couple more years. 

• Sad 2

28 minutes ago, NOTW said:

They can't, Howie extended their contracts so they're stuck with these guys at least a couple more years. 

True, I get it. But a rookie costs nothing, and I still think they could have gotten a return on some of these guys and just moved on.

37 minutes ago, NOTW said:

And hey, off topic I know, but I see you're in Nashville. Just recently I had explored the idea of going there for the fun of it; didn't realize it is only 10 hours from me. Any recommendations on cool places, bars, music venues? And what would you say is the best time of year, climate-wise?

17 minutes ago, Big___Al said:

True, I get it. But a rookie costs nothing, and I still think they could have gotten a return on some of these guys and just moved on.

It’s a shame that Dillard isn’t working out better, because if he did the starting tackles could be Mialata and Dillard. Instead they’re stuck with paying Lane and extending him. 

20 minutes ago, Big___Al said:

And hey, off topic I know, but I see you're in Nashville. Just recently I had explored the idea of going there for the fun of it; didn't realize it is only 10 hours from me. Any recommendations on cool places, bars, music venues? And what would you say is the best time of year, climate-wise?

Lots of good places, the main strip on Broadway is a tourist trap but people go there for convenience of walking from bar to bar. Those bars cater to drunk tourists and bands are only allowed to play covers.  There are better places outside the "NashVegas" part. Nashville has become a huge destination for Bachelorette parties so there are always drunk girls on pedal taverns, tractors and stumbling around the streets.

6th & Peabody is one of my favorites. Outdoor/indoor combo with Ole Smokey Moonshine distillery tastings on site, bar with moonshine cocktails, a good fusion taco place, Prince's Nashville hot chicken food truck, giant outdoor projection screen for sports. 

The Listening Room is good, local original live music and a quiet cool cigar bar is across the street. The Row Kitchen & Pub, Losers, Game Terminal, Pins Mechanical Co. The 5 points area of East Nashville is good. The Pharmacy Burger is burger place and "beer garden."

The Gulch area has some good places like Whiskey Kitchen, Saint Anejo Mexican & good bar. Sambuca & Rudy's Jazz room for jazz. Zanies is a good comedy club. Sinema has an old Hollywood vibe with retro decor and classic movies playing throughout the restaurant and bar. The Patterson House is a private speakeasy style bar with great cocktails, quiet and locals not tourists. 

If you want to avoid extreme heat & humidity forget June-September. Fall or spring would be good. Avoid when big events like CMA Fest. 

2 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Lots of good places, the main strip on Broadway is a tourist trap but people go there for convenience of walking from bar to bar. Those bars cater to drunk tourists and bands are only allowed to play covers.  There are better places outside the "NashVegas" part. Nashville has become a huge destination for Bachelorette parties so there are always drunk girls on pedal taverns, tractors and stumbling around the streets.

6th & Peabody is one of my favorites. Outdoor/indoor combo with Ole Smokey Moonshine distillery tastings on site, bar with moonshine cocktails, a good fusion taco place, Prince's Nashville hot chicken food truck, giant outdoor projection screen for sports. 

The Listening Room is good, local original live music and a quiet cool cigar bar is across the street. The Row Kitchen & Pub, Losers, Game Terminal, Pins Mechanical Co. The 5 points area of East Nashville is good. The Pharmacy Burger is burger place and "beer garden."

The Gulch area has some good places like Whiskey Kitchen, Saint Anejo Mexican & good bar. Sambuca & Rudy's Jazz room for jazz. Zanies is a good comedy club. Sinema has an old Hollywood vibe with retro decor and classic movies playing throughout the restaurant and bar. The Patterson House is a private speakeasy style bar with great cocktails, quiet and locals not tourists. 

If you want to avoid extreme heat & humidity forget June-September. Fall or spring would be good. Avoid when big events like CMA Fest. 

Wow, thanks for the very kind and detailed reply! Yeah, I'm not into touristy things, so I appreciate it. Looks like, with my schedule, it may have to be next spring. I'll message you and buy you an adult beverage if I make it!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Big___Al said:

Wow, thanks for the very kind and detailed reply! Yeah, I'm not into touristy things, so I appreciate it. Looks like, with my schedule, it may have to be next spring. I'll message you and buy you an adult beverage if I make it!

Sounds good. You're welcome. 

48 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

It’s a shame that Dillard isn’t working out better, because if he did the starting tackles could be Mialata and Dillard. Instead they’re stuck with paying Lane and extending him. 

It can work, Dillard takes over at LT and Mailata anchors the RT... Stout said Mailata had no problems playing RT.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jeep_man said:

It can work, Dillard takes over at LT and Mailata anchors the RT... Stout said Mailata had no problems playing RT.

I still believe that has been their plan the entire time. I don't think Dillard did anything really bad out there today to suggest he can't start long term. Frankly I thought the offensive line played pretty reasonably considering they were starting four guys who weren't in the lineup three weeks ago. The team's real problems are on defense. They're just not talented enough over there.

46 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I still believe that has been their plan the entire time. I don't think Dillard did anything really bad out there today to suggest he can't start long term. Frankly I thought the offensive line played pretty reasonably considering they were starting four guys who weren't in the lineup three weeks ago. The team's real problems are on defense. They're just not talented enough over there.

I hope next season, Eagles let Lane Johnson, Fletcher Cox etc go and draft well. Dillard and Mailata can anchor the LT, RT for the next 5 years....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeep_man said:

I hope next season, Eagles let Lane Johnson, Fletcher Cox etc go and draft well. Dillard and Mailata can anchor the LT, RT for the next 5 years....

I'm not sure they can let Lane go at this point. That's just creating a need in next year's draft.