Lane Johnson posts personal message about depression & anxiety, returning to the field soon

time2rock

12 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Driving to Oklahoma?  Be a helluva lot quicker to fly lol.  

Lane Johnson remains out of Eagles practice

Posted by Josh Alper on October 7, 2021, 1:52 PM EDT

Eagles right tackle Lane Johnson was an unexpected scratch for last Sunday’s loss to the Chiefs because of a personal matter and he’s yet to return to the field.

According to multiple reports from Eagles practice, Johnson was not on the field for Thursday’s session. He was out on Wednesday as well, so it is starting to look like a pretty big stretch for him to be ready to go for Sunday’s game in Carolina.

"He’s not here today, still dealing with a personal matter,” head coach Nick Sirianni said on Wednesday, via NBCSportsPhiladelphia.com. "Really to go any more further into that, still going to respect his privacy. But he is not here today.”

Jordan Mailata is back at practice this week after missing two games with a knee injury. If he’s able to play, he could play in Johnson’s place on the right side while Andre Dillard remains at left tackle.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/07/lane-johnson-remains-out-of-eagles-practice/

If Mailata is a go, I'd put him back in at LT and play Driscoll at RT again.  He held up pretty good there last weekend.  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, time2rock said:

If Mailata is a go, I'd put him back in at LT and play Driscoll at RT again.  He held up pretty good there last weekend.  

Agreed. I like Driscoll at RT better than trying to fit Dillard back in there somewhere.

4 minutes ago, toolg said:

Agreed. I like Driscoll at RT better than trying to fit Dillard back in there somewhere.

Alper was suggesting playing Mailata at RT and leaving Dillard at LT.  

Dillard has played well all season long. Why does everyone still think he can't play the position he was drafted to play and instead want to put him on the bench?

I agree though that Driscoll wasn't bad against the Chiefs. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Dillard has played well all season long. Why does everyone still think he can't play the position he was drafted to play and instead want to put him on the bench?

I agree though that Driscoll wasn't bad against the Chiefs. 

I think Mailata > Dillard at LT and Driscoll > Dillard and probably Mailata at RT.  

And now Slay also not practicing due to a "personal matter”.

5142CB49-2FE3-49A3-8F91-8C1E023E145C.jpeg

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I think Mailata > Dillard at LT and Driscoll > Dillard and probably Mailata at RT.  

Second to that.  Glad that Dillard has not played badly at LT when Mailata was out.  If Marilata can go this Sunday, we would find out how the coaches weigh Dillard's value on OL. 

39 minutes ago, time2rock said:

And now Slay also not practicing due to a "personal matter”.

His wife had a baby

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Plot twist:  Lane Johnson is the baby's father and had to escape to Oklahoma.  It's all connected!  :ph34r:

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Plot twist:  Lane Johnson is the baby's father and had to escape to Oklahoma.  It's all connected!  :ph34r:

😃😃😃😃

Not sure if it's related but about 2 years ago Lane and his wife separated and somehow the kids were kept away from him. Nasty split up if i remember correctly. Seen the whole thing unfold on Instagram. Hope things are ok with him.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2021 at 1:56 PM, time2rock said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/07/lane-johnson-remains-out-of-eagles-practice/

Johnson has not been in Philly all week he is out of Sundays game.

20 minutes ago, rickospia said:

Yep, posted that earlier in 411:

1 hour ago, rickospia said:

He isn't playing Sunday but pretty sure he was flown back to Philadelphia Wednesday.  Was at the team facilities on Thursday.  

I hope Lane gets his personal matter sorted out soon, and hopefully it isn’t too serious.

19 hours ago, CheesesteakNBeer said:

Not sure if it's related but about 2 years ago Lane and his wife separated and somehow the kids were kept away from him. Nasty split up if i remember correctly. Seen the whole thing unfold on Instagram. Hope things are ok with him.

If this is the case, that explained why the team is tight lips on the reason Lane is absent.  Hope his matter, whatever it is, is settled soon.

This is the worse coaching job I have ever seen. That second down play if he hands it off they have a easy first plus 10 more yards 

Said earlier they should have played Mailata at LT and Driscoll at RT.  Thought that would be a stronger combo overall than Dillard at LT and moving Mailata over to RT.  Super questionable decision making by all of these coaches.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Little late on this post don't ya think?