Lane Johnson posts personal message about depression & anxiety, returning to the field soon

time2rock

8 hours ago, Jeep_man said:

It can work, Dillard takes over at LT and Mailata anchors the RT... Stout said Mailata had no problems playing RT.

Dillard is looking pretty shaky. Mialata is the better LT.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Big___Al said:

Nobody listened to me (Howie???) when I said before the season we should get rid of the old guys; Johnson, Brooks, Cox, Graham, etc. Now look where we are.

Since we almost unanimously agreed on this point I’m not sure "nobody listened to me” is accurate.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Big___Al said:

Nobody listened to me (Howie???) when I said before the season we should get rid of the old guys; Johnson, Brooks, Cox, Graham, etc. Now look where we are.

I disagree with Lane and Graham. Brooks and Cox should've been gone. Might as well eat the dead money and save pennies. This team isn't going anywhere for another 2 years imo

7 hours ago, Jeep_man said:

I hope next season, Eagles let Lane Johnson, Fletcher Cox etc go and draft well. Dillard and Mailata can anchor the LT, RT for the next 5 years....

Howie extended them too much, we're stuck with old injury prone players they pay to sit on IR for at least a couple years, or eat a lot of money to release them.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/philadelphia-eagles/

Lane: signed through 2028.  Dead money if cut:

• 2022: $35 million
  • 2023: $19 million
  • 2024: $10 million

Brooks:  signed through 2025.  Dead money if cut:

• 2022: $15 million
  • 2023: 10 million

Graham: signed through 2026.  Dead money if cut:

• 2022: $26 million
  • 2023: $18 million

Cox: signed through 2026.  Dead money if cut:

• 2022: $41 million
  • 2023: $28 million
  • 2024: $16 million
  • 2025: $9 million

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2

30 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Howie extended them too much, we're stuck with old injury prone players they pay to sit on IR for at least a couple years, or eat a lot of money.

Cox: signed through 2024.  Dead money if cut, his contract is easier to release:

• 2022: $13 million
  • 2023: $6 million

Pre June 1st Cox cut or trade has a $41million dollar dead cap hit next year. So you can nail him on for a Post June 1st designation

I don't think BG is moveable before 2023, which is effectively what his deal appears designed to do.

Lane is immovable and not in a good way, his contract is a horror, if he decided to hang em up at the end of the season Howie would be begging him not to.

i don't think any of them are tradeable, Cox is declining rapidly, Brooks is injury prone, Graham is 33 coming off a ruptured achilles and Johnson is way too expensive.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Pre June 1st Cox cut or trade has a $41million dollar dead cap hit next year. So you can nail him on for a Post June 1st designation

I don't think BG is moveable before 2023, which is effectively what his deal appears designed to do.

Lane is immovable and not in a good way, his contract is a horror, if he decided to hang em up at the end of the season Howie would be begging him not to.

i don't think any of them are tradeable, Cox is declining rapidly, Brooks is injury prone, Graham is 33 coming off a ruptured achilles and Johnson is way too expensive.

thanks for catching that on Cox, I was looking at numbers from before the latest restructure.  I updated my post.

I feel this Lane Johnson situation is going to be getting caught again for PED's. I assume he is appealing - which is why we don't have any info. Normally, if a family member issue or police action, it is out there fairly quickly. 

7 minutes ago, phillyfanct said:

I feel this Lane Johnson situation is going to be getting caught again for PED's. I assume he is appealing - which is why we don't have any info. Normally, if a family member issue or police action, it is out there fairly quickly. 

It's only speculation. But Lane is fairly active on social media. He's posted nothing since yesterday. It makes you wonder. :whistle:

8 hours ago, Jeep_man said:

I hope next season, Eagles let Lane Johnson, Fletcher Cox etc go and draft well. Dillard and Mailata can anchor the LT, RT for the next 5 years....

The way the restructures were done, there is no cap savings until after 2022 for Lane, and after 2023 for Cox.

Lane Johnson

image.thumb.png.f94914351c89a23f8b97025e5d1dbfb7.png

Fletcher Cox

image.thumb.png.7e92108c8b12e8a1dbb44604260422ec.png

22 hours ago, time2rock said:

Down to just Kelce as the original projected starter playing ... once again.  Crazy.  

the worst part is that this will affect Howie's drafting...when he should be looking at Defense in the 3rd and 4th..he will be in OL depth mode...

33 minutes ago, phillyfanct said:

A suspension would be announced, not covered by missing a game for personal reasons. 

7 minutes ago, flyerdog said:

the worst part is that this will affect Howie's drafting...when he should be looking at Defense in the 3rd and 4th..he will be in OL depth mode...

He needs to start looking defense in rounds 1 & 2.

4 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

A suspension would be announced, not covered by missing a game for personal reasons. 

He needs to start looking defense in rounds 1 & 2.

he will only draft a DT in round one it seems..even if the best CB,FS,LB were dangling there

4 hours ago, toolg said:

It's only speculation. But Lane is fairly active on social media. He's posted nothing since yesterday. It makes you wonder. :whistle:

If you had a family emergency, would you be posting on Facebook or tweeting?

2 hours ago, Procus said:

If you had a family emergency, would you be posting on Facebook or tweeting?

Me, personally? No. But I don’t keep a social media profile like Lane. My wife would post something though; at least something vague like "prayers, please”. 

FB and insta are down now, so he has an excuse. :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, toolg said:

Me, personally? No. But I don’t keep a social media profile like Lane. My wife would post something though; at least something vague like "prayers, please”. 

FB and insta are down now, so he has an excuse. :lol:

They're back up

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SB52 said:

Since we almost unanimously agreed on this point I’m not sure "nobody listened to me” is accurate.

But the Eagles' powers that be didn't agree, which is the point, or they wouldn't still be on the team.

13 hours ago, NOTW said:

Howie extended them too much, we're stuck with old injury prone players they pay to sit on IR for at least a couple years, or eat a lot of money to release them.

Yeah, that's pretty bad. Even so, I think we should have traded them to somebody who was ready to "win now" like 2 years ago, even if we had to eat a bunch of salary. Now it's too late. We're screwed.

17 hours ago, NOTW said:

This - when people say money can be moved around easily with cap to create room this year. Well yes but every time you do it, you make it harder to cut that player down the line.

Brooks is the prime example of this - why do it with someone coming off a season lost to injury. Keep the flexibility and option to cut him next year

• Like 1

WT _F is going on with you Lane...

If he is suspended for PED's again, does that make his contract void as in Eagles can release him without taking any dead money ??? I don't know just asking..

22 hours ago, NOTW said:

I'd be cutting Brooks in 2023 and taking the $10M dead money hit (it also comes with $8.3M in cap savings) and then doing the same with Lane in 2024 (taking the $10M dead money hit which also comes with $10M in cap savings).  I don't care how good they were or how good they can still be when healthy ... seems health is always an issue anymore (I know Lane missing Sunday's game had nothing to do with health ... it was for personal reasons ... I am going by recent history and have to figure it is only a matter of time before health is an issue once again).  

44 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I'd be cutting Brooks in 2023 and taking the $10M dead money hit (it also comes with $8.3M in cap savings) and then doing the same with Lane in 2024 (taking the $10M dead money hit which also comes with $10M in cap savings).  I don't care how good they were or how good they can still be when healthy ... seems health is always an issue anymore (I know Lane missing Sunday's game had nothing to do with health ... it was for personal reasons ... I am going by recent history and have to figure it is only a matter of time before health is an issue once again).  

Cut them both - the best ability is availability