Lane Johnson posts personal message about depression & anxiety, returning to the field soon

time2rock

17 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Little late on this post don't ya think?

I didn't see any updates here, and guys saying he's still not back so i checked Twitter. 

Get off my ass!

:lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

I didn't see any updates here, and guys saying he's still not back so i checked Twitter. 

Get off my ass!

:lol:

I'll be on your ass all day!! 

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'll be on your ass all day!! 

Uh...:unsure:

• Haha 5

Just now, NOTW said:

Uh...:unsure:

You said to get off of it! So that implies I'm on it!! Better then being in it.... 

This has gone so wrong

• Haha 2

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

You said to get off of it! So that implies I'm on it!! Better then being in it.... 

This has gone so wrong

Hey everyone, this guy wants to F me!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

Hey everyone, this guy wants to F me!

see-nobody-cares.gif

• Haha 2

Remember when I made a point that "personal reasons" were... personal? Welllllllll..... now I want to know..... WHAT THE F IS GOING ON, LANE!!!! 

giphy-1.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Talonblood said:

Remember when I made a point that "personal reasons" were... personal? Welllllllll..... now I want to KNOW WHAT THE F IS GOING ON, LANE!!!! 

It’s obviously something very serious.  I’ll be shocked if he’s back this season.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

Remember when I made a point that "personal reasons" were... personal? Welllllllll..... now I want to know..... WHAT THE F IS GOING ON, LANE!!!! 

giphy-1.gif

Screw it I'd rather see what we have in Dillard and Mailata as the tackles from here on out

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

I'm surprised it hasn't been leaked just by reporters

Either the team is keeping it locked really tight, or reporters are keeping it quiet out of respect to Lane. I read head of security for Eagles drove out to Oklahoma to pick Lane up. 

15 hours ago, Talonblood said:

giphy-1.gif

Has me thinking it could be something similar to what happened to Brooks. Anxiety issues can crop up out of nowhere. I certainly don’t believe it’s steroids or anything like that otherwise the league would already be involved. The fact that everyone has been so closed mouth about this has me thinking it’s a very personal matter either related to him or his immediate family. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, What The F said:

^^^^ implying Lane, or someone close to him has cancer?? 

Or it’s implying that Lane will not be playing again this season. The players on his hat other than Lane are out for the year. It’s interesting because the Eagles can’t put a player on IR without disclosing an injury. Can they put him on a non football related illness list and replace him on the roster? On a side not him putting his number up there indicates the Eagles are supporting Lane with whatever he’s going through right now.

14 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Has me thinking it could be something similar to what happened to Brooks. Anxiety issues can crop up out of nowhere. I certainly don’t believe it’s not steroids or anything like that otherwise the league would already be involved. The fact that everyone has been so closed mouth about this has me thinking it’s a very personal matter either related to him or his immediate family. 

I don't think an anxiety issue would prompt him to drive to Oklahoma.  

The possibilities are likely endless as to what this relates to ... really doesn't make much sense to speculate.  

17 minutes ago, time2rock said:

The possibilities are likely endless as to what this relates to ... really doesn't make much sense to speculate.  

I agree and Lane is entitled to his privacy but it IS the elephant in the room.  People are naturally curious and the air of mystery around it heightens speculation.  

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

I don’t know what it is, but I know it’s not PED related. I hope he or whoever is going through it gets better soon. 

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

Here is my speculation.   My thoughts go out to Lane.   Family issues can be completely overwhelming.

• Lane was picked up by Eagles security in Oklahoma and driven to Philly.
  • Lane's and his family (parents) are from Texas.   He wasn't in Texas.
  • Lane met his wife Chelsea at OU and married in 2013.    Chelsea and her parents are from OKC.   Her father was also a pro football player FWIW.
  • Chelsea and Lane separated in 2019 and I believe divorced in early 2020.
  • Lane and Chelsea have 3 kids together.

Again, this is just speculation.  But, things do point to a family matter.   All the more reason for the media to respect his privacy.    Hopefully it is nothing serious medically for anyone in his family and there are just some issues to be worked out.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Screw it I'd rather see what we have in Dillard and Mailata as the tackles from here on out

Honestly that's where I stand as well. And I love Lane. I think the sentimental part of my fandom has completely had the oomph beat out of it at this point.