What do you need on Monday Night? Thread

toolg

i need to tampa bay d/st to outscore brady by at least 10 points. <_<

tough week...and probable end to my playoff hopes in my $$$ league.  sucks because i had a high scoring week thanks to aj brown, cmc, & saquon...but my opponent had jacobs, tyreek hill, & the f'n browns' d/st who of course scored 3 td's. :nonono:  

I need Evans to score less than 2. Getting 1.4 pts out of Waddle and less than 5 from King Henry ruined my fantasy scoring output. I had a nice 6 game winning streak going. 

Luckily I was already in the lead and I only needed Succop to avoid going negative to win. I secured a playoff spot, going for the division title and playoff bye next week. 1 Field Goal (3 points) and 2 XPs (+2) are bonus. It will help put me further ahead in any points tiebreakers. 

I won! In the playoffs on a 4-win streak. I need James Connor to score 40 or less tonight to clinch a first-round bye.

• 2 weeks later...

I need Austin Ekeler + Keenan Allen to outscore Herbert by 26 points to make the finals.

I’d be ahead rn if I had started DeVonta Smith, Waddle, and Fournette  instead of St. Brown, Godwin, and Pollard. My bench strength is also my weakness!

14 hours ago, toolg said:

I need Austin Ekeler + Keenan Allen to outscore Herbert by 26 points to make the finals.

They did it! 

14 hours ago, toolg said:

I’d be ahead rn if I had started DeVonta Smith, Waddle, and Fournette  instead of St. Brown, Godwin, and Pollard. My bench strength is also my weakness!

i needed those two to score less than 31 combined (non-ppr) and they only combined for 29, so I am 3 for 3 in making my ESPN-league finals. 

I need Ja'Marr Chase to score 24 points or under (PPR) to win the championship.

AJ Brown's 70-yard TD was 14 points against me. I also lost a Fournette TD on review. I sat DaVonta Smith again for St. Brown, Keenan Allen, and Godwin... I would have hoped St. Brown and Allen were better considering their teams won big. Danny Dimes was on my bench too. Anyway, I find myself ahead 24+ with only Chase left to play on my opponent's team.

22 hours ago, toolg said:

Well this is awkward. :unsure:

yeah...of course hamlin's health is what really matters. 

i also have the championship game of the $$ league i'm commish of...and one of the teams has/had burrow & mixon in his lineup, so....  :unsure:  

Commish emailed the league and declared me champion. Chase had 0 catches up to the point of postponement in the first quarter. I was up to 80% win probability on ESPN. Once NFL decided they were not going to resume the game this week, commish declared it final. I don't know how I feel about it. It's not a big pot, more for bragging rights among friends than anything. So I'm content to wait and see how the game is resolved. I don't want to simply split, since I'm likely to end up ahead at the conclusion of the game whenever that may be. I'd rather wait and let it play out to the end.

Following some other Fantasy boards, commissioners are scrambling what to do. Do you call it final where the score stands? Do you allow a late sub? Do you push to Week 18? It seems up to your league and the circumstances when the MNF game ended.

58 minutes ago, toolg said:

Commish emailed the league and declared me champion. Chase had 0 catches up to the point of postponement in the first quarter. I was up to 80% win probability on ESPN. Once NFL decided they were not going to resume the game this week, commish declared it final. I don't know how I feel about it. It's not a big pot, more for bragging rights among friends than anything. So I'm content to wait and see how the game is resolved. I don't want to simply split, since I'm likely to end up ahead at the conclusion of the game whenever that may be. I'd rather wait and let it play out to the end.

Following some of other Fantasy boards, commissioners are scrambling what to do. Do you call it final where the score stands? Do you allow a late sub? Do you push to Week 18? It seems up to your league and the circumstances when the MNF game ended.

in my league, the team with burrow/mixon is down by 66 points...so it probably wouldn't have mattered...but you never know. my thoughts are to extend the week 17 championship game and use the week 18 points for all bengals & bills players...in my case, burrow & mixon. idk if espn can do that. i guess i'd have to manually adjust the scoring. :unsure:  

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

in my league, the team with burrow/mixon is down by 66 points...so it probably wouldn't have mattered...but you never know. my thoughts are to use the week 18 points for all bengals & bills players...in my case, burrow & mixon. idk if espn can do that. i guess i'd have to manually adjust the scoring. :unsure:  

ESPN Fantasy posted an update. https://www.espn.com/fantasy/football/story/_/id/35377154/espn-fantasy-football-week-17-buffalo-bills-cincinnati-bengals-postponed

If Bills-Bengals game is resumed, those points will be added to the Week 17 score. If not, I guess it stays as is. Can you manually adjust it in the ESPN app beyond that? I don't know.

Just now, toolg said:

ESPN Fantasy posted an update. https://www.espn.com/fantasy/football/story/_/id/35377154/espn-fantasy-football-week-17-buffalo-bills-cincinnati-bengals-postponed

If Bills-Bengals game is resumed, those points will be added to the Week 17 score. If not, I guess it stays as is. Can you manually adjust it in the ESPN app beyond that? I don't know.

there's an Adjust Scoring option on espn....but idk if i'd be able to wait until after week 18 to use it for a week 17 matchup. 

I'm down in all 3 ESPN leagues in my championship matchups. The Team League here (projected to win), the EMB League (projected to lose, but by like 4 points or something), and then my work league where I was down 3 coming into Monday but I have Josh Allen.

In all 3 leagues, my competitors had zero players remaining so their scores were all locked independent from the outcome. Even the work league (has a pot) I mentioned that I would agree to split (if BUF-CIN doesn't resume) even though Allen had 2 points before postponement and I've been outscoring the whole league and easily would have won outright otherwise. Just hard to call an end result if either team (especially the one trailing) had players in that matchup. 

image.thumb.png.ed15915fb19749dba43c65dbb8fc6ab2.png

image.png.def03c90e0cbbbbf8c9b57d6498430d7.png

image.png.e59918cf2afe26f1bb3b0f0833a73971.png

13 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

if both teams score in the 70's, there shouldn't be a champion :nonono:  

The Josh Allen team should be well over 80 points, likely 90+, if the game had been played to completion.

• Like 1

This work league only awards whole points when increments of 10 rushing/receiving yards have been eclipsed, or increments of 25 passing yards. Zero decimals, no bonuses for yardage or anything else, no PPR. Below is each week (other than current championship) of the season and team scores, mine circled (green is playoffs)

image.thumb.png.8151215b6c8fc156ebb1e21a46fe4f2a.png

22 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

in my league, the team with burrow/mixon is down by 66 points...so it probably wouldn't have mattered...but you never know. my thoughts are to extend the week 17 championship game and use the week 18 points for all bengals & bills players...in my case, burrow & mixon. idk if espn can do that. i guess i'd have to manually adjust the scoring. :unsure:  

the team down 66 conceded in my $$$ league...so i don't have to come up with some crazy solution to the bengals/bills game issue. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

the team down 66 conceded in my $$$ league...so i don't have to come up with some crazy solution to the bengals/bills game issue. 

Good on him.  There are people in my money league that I know would be a-holes about it trying to weasel some money out of it.

3 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

Good on him.  There are people in my money league that I know would be a-holes about it trying to weasel some money out of it.

I saw someone online say that their game ended at like 78%/22% projections, so they agreed to split the pot 78/22 (or whatever their actual numbers were). At 66points Hunt had I imagine the league was like 96%/4%

i can't remember the % before mnf...but there were 2 weeks in which burrow + mixon scored more than 66 pts. so it was possible but very unlikely. 

6 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

i can't remember the % before mnf...but there were 2 weeks in which burrow + mixon scored more than 66 pts. so it was possible but very unlikely. 

I mean Mixon had like 50 by himself one week. This is like the Lopez brother posting about how he and Donovan Mitchell combined for 72 points :lol: 

10 hours ago, Agent23 said:

I mean Mixon had like 50 by himself one week. This is like the Lopez brother posting about how he and Donovan Mitchell combined for 72 points :lol: 

yep...burrow also had a 50 point week this season. those are the 2 weeks i'm talking about. 

• Like 1