Succession

Agent23

I’m not entirely sure how boxing scoring works (I feel like 10-8 is the most "lopsided” I’ve seen), but Kendall just took Rd 1. 

10 hours ago, DBW said:

Brilliant start!  Also the soundtrack guy in this show is a genius. The music is always right on par with everything.

yep. I remember being blown away when in the penultimate episode of BrBa they closed the episode with the full intro song, the first time in the entire series we heard it in its entirety, and not just the chorus so to speak. This show seemingly puts different iterations of the intro song into every episode, and it never gets overused or feels out of place. Remarkable series, across the board. 

22 hours ago, JBENT87 said:

he's a little too giddy though. Gonna need to tighten it up to really take on Logan. 

Roy is basically the Charlie Brown of this show.  If Logan ever goes down, it won't come from him.

22 hours ago, JBENT87 said:

he's a little too giddy though. Gonna need to tighten it up to really take on Logan. 

I think the point is to show that he is mentally unhinged by all of this. That was some brilliant acting to show what a guy off the rails, drunk on his own supply looks like.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2021 at 11:17 AM, vikas83 said:

I think the point is to show that he is mentally unhinged by all of this. That was some brilliant acting to show what a guy off the rails, drunk on his own supply looks like.

So when I say Jeremy Strong gives one of the best performances current only TV, you aren't going to drag it out sarcastically for a decade like you do with Wedding Crashers? 

On 10/19/2021 at 10:57 AM, JBENT87 said:

yep. I remember being blown away when in the penultimate episode of BrBa they closed the episode with the full intro song, the first time in the entire series we heard it in its entirety, and not just the chorus so to speak. This show seemingly puts different iterations of the intro song into every episode, and it never gets overused or feels out of place. Remarkable series, across the board. 

You’ll appreciate this Sit down with the composer for the show https://youtu.be/X0WzqanwlG0

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Agent23 said:

So when I say Jeremy Strong gives one of the best performances current only TV, you aren't going to drag it out sarcastically for a decade like you do with Wedding Crashers? 

For perhaps the first time I’m your life, you’d be correct. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, vikas83 said:

For perhaps the first time I’m your life, you’d be correct. 

Welcome to realizing I have great taste! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2021 at 9:39 AM, DBW said:

Are you buying this for him?

F no!

😂

I can see this coming back to bite Ken

7 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

I can see this coming back to bite Ken

The truth is that the only person who knows where the files are is Greg.  He’s the key to the whole thing, right?  He burned some of it but he kept the most damning evidence I’m sure.  So they make him look like he’s a clueless pawn, but dude might be the ultimate king when it’s all said and done. 

19 minutes ago, DBW said:

The truth is that the only person who knows where the files are is Greg.  He’s the key to the whole thing, right?  He burned some of it but he kept the most damning evidence I’m sure.  So they make him look like he’s a clueless pawn, but dude might be the ultimate king when it’s all said and done. 

I want to be in his shoes waiting for that $250 milly

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Just started season 1 and really enjoy it

About time 

2 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Just started season 1 and really enjoy it

It actually gets a lot better in the back half of season 1 and all of seasons 2&3. 

• Like 1

On 10/19/2021 at 9:57 AM, JBENT87 said:

I pay too much attention to the intro segment for TV shows. I'm keen on the classic jingles that were common for TV shows from the 60s thru the 90s, but I'm more interested in how the intro has become an art form.

Here's some that I love - both the graphics and the theme music. For these I choose to watch the intro every time, even when bingeing:

Sopranos "woke up this morning"

Big Little Lies "cold little heart"

House of Cards - The video work and moody theme music - perhaps my all-time favorite. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy9ubIxYpcM

Succession - Great images suggesting how they became who they are, with a foreboding theme in the House of Cards style

On the other hand, it's hard to think of a worse intro than Apple TV's "The Morning Show" with pointless cartoon graphics and an annoying tune to go with it. SKIP

19 hours ago, TomatoPie said:

I pay too much attention to the intro segment for TV shows. I'm keen on the classic jingles that were common for TV shows from the 60s thru the 90s, but I'm more interested in how the intro has become an art form.

Here's some that I love - both the graphics and the theme music. For these I choose to watch the intro every time, even when bingeing:

Sopranos "woke up this morning"

Big Little Lies "cold little heart"

House of Cards - The video work and moody theme music - perhaps my all-time favorite. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy9ubIxYpcM

Succession - Great images suggesting how they became who they are, with a foreboding theme in the House of Cards style

On the other hand, it's hard to think of a worse intro than Apple TV's "The Morning Show" with pointless cartoon graphics and an annoying tune to go with it. SKIP

Have you ever watched B positive?  Season 1s intro was awful.  This season it the same song but different visually.  Still awful.  

On 11/11/2021 at 7:33 PM, DBW said:

Have you ever watched B positive?  Season 1s intro was awful.  This season it the same song but different visually.  Still awful.  

Now I gotta check it out

A filler/"this show isn't for everybody" episode. Sheesh, that was bland.

A little too HBO-Entourage-y too, with the "oh no Vince may not get the part" (Roys may lose the shareholder vote) , wrapping up nicely with "Vince got the part! Toast to Vince!" (Roys avoid the shareholder vote outcome they didn't want). 

This show hits more often than it misses though, obviously, so I'll deal with it. But a "Logan is having an episode, can his opinion/leadership be trusted?" centric episode in Season 3 is a little bit of a cop out/recycled angle we've already seen enough. Whoever directed this one gets a "f*** off" from me.