Succession

Agent23

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

It’s a shame the show is ending.  Still more story to tell IMO. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

That's kinda the point though isn't it?  Shiv was right, Kendall would F it up eventually like he always does.  He proves it dramatically coming undone at the accusation.

Kendall so badly wanted to be Logan. He hoped he had that force inside him. But at the end, he couldn't measure up and ends up with all of the negative parts of Logan's life (alone, walking through the park, with Colin as his only "friend") but without the success. He is a truly tragic character, doomed to fail from age 7 because he couldn't measure up. And Jeremy Strong better damn well win an Emmy.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, vikas83 said:

Kendall so badly wanted to be Logan. He hoped he had that force inside him. But at the end, he couldn't measure up and ends up with all of the negative parts of Logan's life (alone, walking through the park, with Colin as his only "friend") but without the success. He is a truly tragic character, doomed to fail from age 7 because he couldn't measure up. And Jeremy Strong better damn well win an Emmy.

Yeah you nailed it.  The walk alone there at the end was right on point.  

They should have done another season though.  Do they actually make the money in the sale or get Fed because of the over valuation and half being in stocks?  Does shiv really have a kid? What if it’s Mattson’s? 😂 Roman and Jerry finally get it on?  Ken’s wife takes half his crap in the divorce and he finally jumps off a bridge.  Too many loose ends that need to be tied up!

19 hours ago, vikas83 said:

They were all promised it, Kendall's "tragedy" would be that he was the only one who truly believed it.  Shiv never believed her father and Rom knew he wasn't capable of it.  But Kendall's tragedy also rings really hollow.  He's an early retired multi billionaire and showed various times throughout the show that he has the chops and drive to start his own thing, despite his frantic plea that he doesn't know anything else.  The disaster is really just in his 7 yr old childish mind that believed he would draw the sword from the stone, I don't think much of the audience actually feels sorry for him, especially since he's a walking poster of privilege who only made it this far because his inheritance allowed him to get away with multiple mistakes and failures that would have felled anybody else with similar talents.  Hell, as many F ups as we see Kendall make in the show , this is all after he recovered from heroin!

In other words, get over it Ken.  And yes, Strong deserves some major hardware.  An incredible mix of monster, hyperdrive and ever so carefully placed vulnerability.  A masterpiece.

Supposedly there was some off script stuff from Strong and in one take he climbed over a barrier at the end of the water and was going to jump in but another actor stopped him.  

On 5/31/2023 at 8:11 PM, DBW said:

Supposedly there was some off script stuff from Strong and in one take he climbed over a barrier at the end of the water and was going to jump in but another actor stopped him.  

I thought he was taking the elevator up to jump

22 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I thought he was taking the elevator up to jump

A lot of people did but in a previous season he went up to the roof and they made a point to show the glass walls they put up because someone had previously jumped.  

Maybe I’m in the minority here, but I am finding season 4 almost unwatchable.  I’m on episode 8 too so I’m just gonna power through it.  I just don’t care about this current story/plot at all.  Combine that with hating every character and I can’t wait until I’m done. 

**Side note. My wife and I have watched seasons 2 all the way through this current episode between the hours of 12 and 7 am bc of newborn. 😂

4 hours ago, hputenis said:

Maybe I’m in the minority here, but I am finding season 4 almost unwatchable.  I’m on episode 8 too so I’m just gonna power through it.  I just don’t care about this current story/plot at all.  Combine that with hating every character and I can’t wait until I’m done. 

**Side note. My wife and I have watched seasons 2 all the way through this current episode between the hours of 12 and 7 am bc of newborn. 😂

Season 4 was a mess, No doubt. 

• 4 weeks later...

We still getting content! 

• Haha 3

On 6/15/2023 at 12:11 PM, Mike030270 said:

Started binging this and I like it

Lol well that changed

I became frustrated with the siblings. I don't understand why this show is so popular

They're all backstabbers and will bring each other down to their lowest level. That's just not entertaining to me

Shiv and Rome were more snakes than Ken though. They've all done some pretty messed up things to each other but I think Shiv did the worst. She wasn't the worst person out of the 3 though. That's definitely Rome. He was too immature and would run away when things got tough. Plus he'd likely get more lawsuits as CEO. Shiv wanted it but Ken was right that she just didn't have the experience and was getting played

I was surprised they killed the dad off like that. It was so random that I thought the actor died in real life