Succession

Agent23

10 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Just got to the Tom Bachelor scene and don't think I laughed as hard at a scene in a long long time. 

You love swallowing yours tho right bro? 

• 2 weeks later...

I think the officially gave us the most painful episode to watch to date. Not in a "the episode was bad” way, but like…. Just cringing inside at all the discomfort between characters and ways they just keep shooting themselves in the foot. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Agent23 said:

I think the officially gave us the most painful episode to watch to date. Not in a "the episode was bad” way, but like…. Just cringing inside at all the discomfort between characters and ways they just keep shooting themselves in the foot. 

Yeah this week wasn’t the best.  If I were Ken, I would totally take the $2B buyout, and then go buy my own company cuz ‘F em.’

1 hour ago, DBW said:

Yeah this week wasn’t the best.  If I were Ken, I would totally take the $2B buyout, and then go buy my own company cuz ‘F em.’

I would take $2B and not work lol 

• Like 1

On 10/20/2021 at 12:46 PM, Agent23 said:

So when I say Jeremy Strong gives one of the best performances current only TV, you aren't going to drag it out sarcastically for a decade like you do with Wedding Crashers? 

He gets the best lines and does a fine job but this show belongs to Brian Cox and Kieran Culkin.

On 11/17/2021 at 10:37 AM, DaEagles4Life said:

Just got to the Tom Bachelor scene and don't think I laughed as hard at a scene in a long long time. 

Tom is the star of season 3.

10 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Tom is the star of season 3.

Tom and Greg are national treasures 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

these last two episodes were pretty brutal IMO. Not a lot going on but the show wants to act like there is.

The on/off switch with Kendall going between depressed to dope has been frustrating to watch as a viewer also. Is there any character development going on here? What is the purpose of 1-2 minute solo shots with Kendall where he borderline has a panic attack, to starting up the next episode with him acting like Jake Paul throwing his money around while drinking and doing drugs? I get that's what depression can look like for millionaires sometimes, but where is this going? Has he made a savvy busy decision all season, after ending s2 with going for the killshot on Logan/the company? There's been a lot of wheel spinning this season. Sounds like the finale is pretty good though from some vague comments I've read, so hopefully that makes up for most of this. 

2 hours ago, JBENT87 said:

these last two episodes were pretty brutal IMO. Not a lot going on but the show wants to act like there is.

The on/off switch with Kendall going between depressed to dope has been frustrating to watch as a viewer also. Is there any character development going on here? What is the purpose of 1-2 minute solo shots with Kendall where he borderline has a panic attack, to starting up the next episode with him acting like Jake Paul throwing his money around while drinking and doing drugs? I get that's what depression can look like for millionaires sometimes, but where is this going? Has he made a savvy busy decision all season, after ending s2 with going for the killshot on Logan/the company? There's been a lot of wheel spinning this season. Sounds like the finale is pretty good though from some vague comments I've read, so hopefully that makes up for most of this. 

Yeah I’ve been frustrated with the show in the same way. also the dialogue is annoying:

”yeah? Ok? No? I mean, yeah, right? Good? Ok. F em” 

It’s cringy dialogue. 

Roman is the best character on the show. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DBW said:

Yeah I’ve been frustrated with the show in the same way. also the dialogue is annoying:

”yeah? Ok? No? I mean, yeah, right? Good? Ok. F em” 

It’s cringy dialogue. 

Roman is the best character on the show. 

right, it's like they wanted to reel back in Kendall after ending s2 and that arc on such a wild, high note. So he's now back to one dimensional drug addict tool who has no idea what he's doing. Roman is great too, but they're running out of time with him as well, in my eyes at least. While his dialogue isn't as ridiculous and spazzy as the almost verbatim Kendall that you cited, it's still trending toward becoming stale. Okay, mommy issues, intimate issues, child trauma issues. Got it. What else can we get out of him? Or is that it?  Oh, snarky one liner response. Got it. Now that's 100% it right? Okay, good talk. 

I'm probably just venting about a two-three episode down period. But then again I feel like we've seen HBO go this route before with tanking something that has a lot of promise and trying to pass off expensive set pieces/costume design as the actual content of the show. This show is better than that. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JBENT87 said:

right, it's like they wanted to reel back in Kendall after ending s2 and that arc on such a wild, high note. So he's now back to one dimensional drug addict tool who has no idea what he's doing. Roman is great too, but they're running out of time with him as well, in my eyes at least. While his dialogue isn't as ridiculous and spazzy as the almost verbatim Kendall that you cited, it's still trending toward becoming stale. Okay, mommy issues, intimate issues, child trauma issues. Got it. What else can we get out of him? Or is that it?  Oh, snarky one liner response. Got it. Now that's 100% it right? Okay, good talk. 

I'm probably just venting about a two-three episode down period. But then again I feel like we've seen HBO go this route before with tanking something that has a lot of promise and trying to pass off expensive set pieces/costume design as the actual content of the show. This show is better than that. 

Agree with all that.  I do think there’s more to a Roman.  He gets crap done. He doesn’t get daddy’s respect but dude just pulled off a huge move that nobody else could have.  Now they need to take that and run with it, and take the Shiv jealousy road hard. Get her to turn on daddy and join kendall. The sides aren’t even which makes kendall powerless in many ways.  But getting shiv over to his side would tip things for sure.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DBW said:

Agree with all that.  I do think there’s more to a Roman.  He gets crap done. He doesn’t get daddy’s respect but dude just pulled off a huge move that nobody else could have.  Now they need to take that and run with it, and take the Shiv jealousy road hard. Get her to turn on daddy and join kendall. The sides aren’t even which makes kendall powerless in many ways.  But getting shiv over to his side would tip things for sure.  

then as soon as its shaping up for a Ken/Shiv vs Logan/Roman showdown, boom. Connor wildcard, b*****s

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JBENT87 said:

then as soon as its shaping up for a Ken/Shiv vs Logan/Roman showdown, boom. Connor wildcard, b*****s

Love it!  Btw Con’s fake "fiancé” is a smoke show!  

4 hours ago, DBW said:

Which will implode in spectacularly hilarious fashion 🤣

8 hours ago, JBENT87 said:

I'd say you should enjoy the show as a sitcom, not a plot driven drama.  The point kind of is that the uber rich can fail over and over again, never grow from their mistakes and never truly suffer the consequences.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Which will implode in spectacularly hilarious fashion 🤣

Yeah something is bound to happen.  That deal was too easy.  A disinterested billionaire app developer takes a piss on the phone of another billionaire because he’s bored at a party full of billionaires, coke and as much ass as one would ever be able to handle.  But a F up like Roman was shark enough to feed on that.  

1 hour ago, DBW said:

Yeah something is bound to happen.  That deal was too easy.  A disinterested billionaire app developer takes a piss on the phone of another billionaire because he’s bored at a party full of billionaires, coke and as much ass as one would ever be able to handle.  But a F up like Roman was shark enough to feed on that.  

Roman's cockiness at the end already has you laughing because you know this will end badly for him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Roman's cockiness at the end already has you laughing because you know this will end badly for him.

Yeah the more I think about it the more I’m thinking the gojo guy was playing him.  How do you go from playing candy crush to making a billion dollar deal in a bathroom.  And he wouldn’t commit other than a wet handshake 😂 

I have to say I completely disagree. I love this season. Jeremy Strong should win an Emmy for playing Kendall as a character going through a complex meltdown over an entire season. It would have been jarring to see Kendall come back focused and ready to take out Logan. Him opting for grandiose public maneuvers with no substance or ability to back them up - Kendall is basically every millennial. 

Roman and Tom are taking over the show. Shiv annoys the crap out of me. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, vikas83 said:

I have to say I completely disagree. I love this season. Jeremy Strong should win an Emmy for playing Kendall as a character going through a complex meltdown over an entire season. It would have been jarring to see Kendall come back focused and ready to take out Logan. Him opting for grandiose public maneuvers with no substance or ability to back them up - Kendall is basically every millennial. 

I will clarify - I love the show and the actor and what he's doing with Kendall, I just am a little underwhelmed with this specific season and the narrative path the character is on, at the moment. It just seems sloppy. But if that is by design (I will give them benefit of the doubt based on previous season's success (no pun intended)), then all is forgiven. The finale is really gonna have to land some haymakers for me. But also - F me, as I'm just one overly critical person. 

I was looking forward to seeing Tom make the decision on if he's going to take the fall/be the Christmas tree re: prison. If they can kick that angle to next season I'll def be pissed. 

14 hours ago, vikas83 said:

But whoever writes his lines is f'ing brilliant.  I'm constantly left agape at how he wows you over and over again with his poetic storm of buzzwords, only to be cracking up laughing 5 seconds later when it all processes as the marvelous BS it all is.  And he lands it every time with that deadpan cockiness and a wink wink arsehole's charm.  great stuff.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, vikas83 said:

Greg is stealing the show to me. Nicholas Braun, the actor, is absolutely killing it to me. His delivery is great 

And when is last time had a show like this. Where the most action in the whole season is Kendall tripping/being pushed. It is just a dialog driven show. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Greg is stealing the show to me. Nicholas Braun, the actor, is absolutely killing it to me. His delivery is great 

And when is last time had a show like this. Where the most action in the whole season is Kendall tripping/being pushed. It is just a dialog driven show. 

Dialogue and scenery.  Gotta love how they never scrimp on the helicopter landings into every locale.  Does miles for setting the mood.