Succession

Agent23

"How is your marriage going? Are you going to have children?” :lol: 

On 12/2/2021 at 2:30 PM, JBENT87 said:

right, it's like they wanted to reel back in Kendall after ending s2 and that arc on such a wild, high note. So he's now back to one dimensional drug addict tool who has no idea what he's doing. Roman is great too, but they're running out of time with him as well, in my eyes at least. While his dialogue isn't as ridiculous and spazzy as the almost verbatim Kendall that you cited, it's still trending toward becoming stale. Okay, mommy issues, intimate issues, child trauma issues. Got it. What else can we get out of him? Or is that it?  Oh, snarky one liner response. Got it. Now that's 100% it right? Okay, good talk. 

I'm probably just venting about a two-three episode down period. But then again I feel like we've seen HBO go this route before with tanking something that has a lot of promise and trying to pass off expensive set pieces/costume design as the actual content of the show. This show is better than that. 

narrator: it turns out that this show is in fact, better than that.

Holy Fing crap, this last episode. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

So where does Kendall go from here? 

I still think Shiv is gonna join him.  She may help leak the Roman D picks/harassment of Gerrie.  She realizes the only way she gets anywhere is with Roman out of the way.  And she’s pissed now more than ever.  Neither can do it alone.  She wants control of the company, kendall wants out, she can take over and issue his buyout.  

These "hidden in plain sight” phone backgrounds/contact photos in this show are pure gold :roll: 

425E5C4F-7A5B-499C-9BB4-155B9ED94BD4.png

CC2E38EB-4DF9-4D32-910A-5E8C9DA2FE41.jpeg

• Haha 1

Did they mean Tom F’ed them? Seemed bizarre that he could just show up 10 mins after the kids with getting a helicopter or something but he acted aloof as if he didn’t know anything and Shiv didn’t immediately go into attack mode on him? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Did they mean Tom F’ed them? Seemed bizarre that he could just show up 10 mins after the kids with getting a helicopter or something but he acted aloof as if he didn’t know anything and Shiv didn’t immediately go into attack mode on him? 

...yes. "Who told him?" Shiv said after that confrontation, as Tom arrives. Then she boils with rage as he comforts her, acting unaware. Imagine being stabbed in the back from someone you thought would never do it. You're going to react in rage, or stunned silence. The accusation and fall out will come in s4.  But Logan doesn't just call up his ex wife to rescind/rework the divorce terms considering the company without being tipped off by someone that the kids are en route to drop that bomb. Tom asked Shiv where he stands in this new fallout when she called him and she didn't give him any reassurances so he made his move. 

I hear you and kinda wish it was a more dramatic revelation with Tom basking in it a little bit, rather continuing to put on an act, but crap that'll come eventually. What a show. 

8 hours ago, vikas83 said:

Fantastic. If you go back and watch the little hints all season…wow. 

Best show on TV. 

yep. Go back to that Tom/Greg 'Sporus/Nero' conversation, for one. 

• Like 1

I said previously they’d all team up and attempt to take out Logan….but dayum I didn’t see that move from Tom coming.  His convo with greg was in retrospect very telling but in the moment I didn’t see that angle.  

Hopefully it’s not 2 years before next season!!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DBW said:

I said previously they’d all team up and attempt to take out Logan….but dayum I didn’t see that move from Tom coming.  His convo with greg was in retrospect very telling but in the moment I didn’t see that angle.  

Hopefully it’s not 2 years before next season!!! 

The conversation with Shiv gave it away when he asked where his place in the company would be and she didn't give him an answer. 

The dialogue was off for most of the episode in a try hardy kinda way.  Then they drop the bombs and it all falls into place.  Succession is not at its best when trying to move the plot but the fact they finally did in a major way gives the show new life heading into season 4.  I'm convinced by now the only one who can take out Logan is Greg 🤣

15 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

The dialogue was off for most of the episode in a try hardy kinda way.  Then they drop the bombs and it all falls into place.  Succession is not at its best when trying to move the plot but the fact they finally did in a major way gives the show new life heading into season 4.  I'm convinced by now the only one who can take out Logan is Greg 🤣

Doesn't he still have the dirt on Logan or did he give it to Kendall? 

3 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I think Greg was still keeping some of the content himself. 

14 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

11 hours ago, Agent23 said:

I think Greg was still keeping some of the content himself. 

Him and tom burned a bunch of it but he kept some as an insurance policy….but I do believe he kept more than we were shown.  He acts awkward and doesn’t appear to know how to play the game, but could be a genius in disguise.

13 hours ago, DBW said:

Him and tom burned a bunch of it but he kept some as an insurance policy….but I do believe he kept more than we were shown.  He acts awkward and doesn’t appear to know how to play the game, but could be a genius in disguise.

Logan's most dangerous foe could be his brother.  If Greg were to fully commit to being his weapon, that could be the setup.  I just think it works poetically/narrative standpoint.  Percival finds the grail, yadda yadda.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Logan's most dangerous foe could be his brother.  If Greg were to fully commit to being his weapon, that could be the setup.  I just think it works poetically/narrative standpoint.  Percival finds the grail, yadda yadda.

I don’t know, can you ever come back from suing Greenpeace?  

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, DBW said:

I don’t know, can you ever come back from suing Greenpeace?  

The Greenpeace thing was fantastic.  It's a show where you don't even root for the least bad (ie: Gerri), you root for the one you love to hate the most.  So to have the one supposedly innocent guy suing Greenpeace was over the top funny.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...