GDT: Philadelphia Eagles @ Las Vegas Raiders 10-24-21 4:05 PM EST

EagleJoe8

I’ve seen all I needed to see this season and every one since the Super Bowl. It’s been a slow bleed out ever since with absolutely no upside to look forward to. This organization sucks top to bottom. 

Just now, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

And we all should be.  His lack of success is well documented.

But that SB and Executive of the Year Award has doomed us all to a life of Howie and Lurie forever. 

35 minutes ago, kiwieagle said:

I’m more positive news, the hunt for two top-5 picks next year is alive and well!

If I were them after watching today's fiasco, I'd consider pulling an Eli Manning - "hell no I ain't playin' for that team"

1 minute ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Avant comes right out on ITB and says the dumbed, boring offense that is holding everything up is tied to Hurts' inability to handle a more complex scheme.  It may not be better with the other guys, but it is about time to find out.

I like Jason, but he's giving Siri too much benefit of the doubt, the guy has proved next to nothing in the NFL. There's a reason why no either teams approached in the offseason...

If square peg in round hole is Siri's only defense, then it just makes him look like a bigger idiot. Unless it's coming down from the top, which is also a high probability to justify drafting Hurts due to the investment. 

3 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Nobody says we are a QB away, but it is very clear the the one we have starting can't handle it. We are years away no matter who is back there, but it makes no sense to ignore the problem.  I'd bet Minshew makes it look better on the first series that he is in.

I don’t think Minshew fixes any of the issues this team has. I think he may throw a few more accurate passes, but that’s assuming he can escape the pressure the offensive line is giving up. I don’t think any quarterback will be successful in this offense the way it is being run. 

42 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Could’ve fooled me. Some of y’all out here begging for a dude who hasn’t even dressed. He must be the answer.

He probably isn't. Jalen ain't exactly looking like a finalist for the Offensive player of the year award though. Switch to Minshew with 4 games left, see how he looks?

:ph34r:

1 minute ago, Birdman said:

I like Jason, but he's giving Siri too much benefit of the doubt, the guy has proved next to nothing in the NFL. There's a reason why no either teams approached in the offseason...

If square peg in round hole is Siri's only defense, then it just makes him look like a bigger idiot. Unless it's coming down from the top, which is also a high probability to justify drafting Hurts due to the investment. 

No coach would stick with Hurts, if he knows his (and his staff) future is tied to winning.  Its not too much of a stretch to see the FO handcuffing him to the mess they made by drafting Hurts.

5 minutes ago, Eldereagle1 said:

I’ve seen all I needed to see this season and every one since the Super Bowl. It’s been a slow bleed out ever since with absolutely no upside to look forward to. This organization sucks top to bottom. 

It seems kind of like where we were after Vermeil resigned. The Eagles had like 4 years of bad football in the Marion Campbell era and start of the Buddy era. It feels like we are in that same void.  I can't see us winning for at least a few years and I'm concerned that Lurie and Howie's egos could ruin this team for a decade.  I think Howie is so concerned about masking his bad drafting that he will continue to keep poor players on the roster and not delegating some decisions to other people who can make better decisions.  And, Lurie is so codependent on Howie that he can't even consider canning him.  We are in a bad place right now.

Zac Taylor, UFA next season!  Trade Siri, Gannon, Ben Simmons & a year’s supply of dalessandro’s cheesesteak for Zac! 2FEB45A3-0A82-45EA-B70D-0F5393C54A37.thumb.jpeg.d3acf05f92a0503b0f1eb8b5efada2af.jpeg

1 minute ago, eglz1 said:

He probably isn't. Jalen ain't exactly looking like a finalist for the Offensive player of the year award though. Switch to Minshew with 4 games left, see how he looks?

:ph34r:

At this point I don’t care. Put him out there. At best all he does is ruin our draft position, but honestly I doubt he does that too.

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t think Minshew fixes any of the issues this team has. I think he may throw a few more accurate passes, but that’s assuming he can escape the pressure the offensive line is giving up. I don’t think any quarterback will be successful in this offense the way it is being run. 

That assumes that the offense would continue to be run the same way with a more talented and experienced QB. That adjustment could change alot, but it would not fix it all.

I'm not saying Minshew is great.  ONLY that he is better than who is playing right now.

Just now, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

That assumes that the offense would continue to be run the same way with a more talented and experienced QB. That adjustment could change alot, but it would not fix it all.

I'm not saying Minshew is great.  ONLY that he is better than who is playing right now.

I’m not sure if this coach will change anything. I see no reason why the HC has wasted so much time failing to run the ball. I don’t see how that incompetent mindset changes. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

I’m not sure if this coach will change anything. I see no reason why the HC has wasted so much time failing to run the ball. I don’t see how that incompetent mindset changes. 

Assuming he is cleared to call all of the shots, it is not a good look. Somehow, I doubt that he is 100% in charge with several key components.  Obviously, there is no way to know.

1 minute ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Assuming he is cleared to call all of the shots, it is not a good look. Somehow, I doubt that he is 100% in charge with several key components.  Obviously, there is no way to know.

Yeah and a guy who is presumably more accurate than Hurts will they really pass less? Regardless if it’s being forced on him or if it’s his idea I just don’t see it changing. 

Dolphins lost:

Wentz needs to stay upright & colts lose: pending

EAGLES lost:

highlights of today almost complete for top ten picks!  

11 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

We don't really know unless he's absolutely incompetent in practice. I don't know enough about Minshew to form an informed opinion but it might be nice for the Eagles to be sure he sucks based on game play before next April. It would be a very Eagles thing to draft a Quarterback with a high first that isn't as good as who they already have signed for cheap.

Just now, CalgarEAGLES said:

Dolphins lost:

Wentz needs to stay upright & colts lose: pending

EAGLES lost:

highlights of today almost complete for top ten picks!  

Then you think about Howie making those picks…… sigh. 

4 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

No coach would stick with Hurts, if he knows his (and his staff) future is tied to winning.  Its not too much of a stretch to see the FO handcuffing him to the mess they made by drafting Hurts.

Then he needs to do a HC's job and do what's right for the team.

The question is, does Siri understand the role and the responsibilities of a HC? Because I don't think it's a concept he can easily grasp...

It's become more apparent that he was just a "useful idiot" hire for Jeff/Howie. 

12 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

JJAW had one less tackle than Fletcher Cox. 

Easy on the would-be DK, in his defense , he got injured… 😆 

11 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

JJAW had one less tackle than Fletcher Cox. 

It's time to move on from Cox. The double-team excuse no longer holds water for me, they dude is just phoning it in every goddamn game. 

1 minute ago, Birdman said:

Then he needs to do a HC's job and do what's right for the team.

The question is, does Siri understand the role and the responsibilities of a HC? Because I don't think it's a concept he can easily grasp...

It's become more apparent that he was just a "useful idiot" hire for Jeff/Howie. 

It's probably an awful position to be in.  There is no way to just overrule his employer and hope to survive.  Do that and he puts his and his staffs livelihoods on the line.  We are all assuming that he isn't doing exactly what Howie and Lurie want.

Just now, CalgarEAGLES said:

Easy on the would-be DK, in his defense , he got injured… 😆 

My issue isn’t even with fake DK, it’s with Cox and his 2 tackles. 

Archived