GDT: New Orleans Saints @ Philadelphia Eagles, 11-21-21, 1PM EST

EagleJoe8

1 minute ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I mean I'm not saying Hurts is perfect, even I could see he missed a couple of open guys Today, but if he could get better as a passer year on year, you could build a hell of an offense around him.

And that is fine, if they can win while developing him slowly as a passer that's a huge win for the franchise going forward with the picks they have coming up

Just now, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I mean I'm not saying Hurts is perfect, even I could see he missed a couple of open guys Today, but if he could get better as a passer year on year, you could build a hell of an offense around him.

It’s his 15th career start. Earlier in the year they put way too much on him. Now they can allow him to actually develop. He’s doing enough to win games. They aren’t winning despite him. He’s actively a part of these wins. 

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

And that is fine, if they can win while developing him slowly as a passer that's a huge win for the franchise going forward with the picks they have coming up

I agree with both of you. 

18 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

Thats about the ONLY running QB I remember winning the superbowl.....but like you said, very lethal with the arm

...wait....what about Roger Staubach?

Russell Wilson.

That stat page contains his rushing yards.   His top year was 2014 with 849 rushing yards,  went to the Super Bowl that year.  And lost because they passed at the end instead of running.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WilsRu00.htm

There haven't been many running QBs.   If half the QBs were running for 500 rushing yards in a year,  you'd see a lot more running QBs winning Super Bowls. 

If there are only 4 QBs who are running for 500 yards in a year,  you would expect the running QB to win the Super Bowl 1 time out of 8 and non running QBs to win 7 out of 8 times. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

It’s his 15th career start. Earlier in the year they put way too much on him. Now they can allow him to actually develop. He’s doing enough to win games. They aren’t winning despite him. He’s actively a part of these wins. 

On booy still counting starts 1 more to go till it's a full season! Then he is officially in his second year! 😛😛😉

1 minute ago, Swoop said:

I'm happy they won. 

People are up in arms that I said Hurts needs to become a better passer.

Are you happy they won, because whining that Hurts needs to be better is a waste of time. How many weeks have you wrote that? Are the Eagles playing better right now? 

Random Reglar wants to run a wildcat offense with 2/3 Hurts-esque QBs on the field.

Stop trying to argue with him.

Are you happy they won, because whining that Hurts needs to be better is a waste of time. How many weeks have you wrote that? Are the Eagles playing better right now? 

I've given him his props.

He needs to become a better passer.

Just now, xstonr said:

When will this coaching staff see that reager is a hinderance to the team. 

I think they know that but, they don't exactly have much else to turn too on the outside ( not sure if Watkins can play outside or not?) . They gotta try to get something out of him because their other draft bust behind him is just as bad or worse lol. 

5 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

On booy still counting starts 1 more to go till it's a full season! Then he is officially in his second year! 😛😛😉

I’m not calling him a rookie or anything, rather I’m saying expecting him to be Steve Young in 15 games (when Steve Young wasn’t even Steve Young in 15 games) is a waste of time to whine about. He’s improving, and the team is winning. The Eagles are winning and beanbaggers are whining. I guess they just loved last year. They must miss all that losing. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Hey you're preaching at the choir, I think Hurts gets way too much nonsense on here, and if liking watching Howard run through guys for a solid gain 3 times in a row is wrong, I don't want to be right either, but I see Lurie's face in the stands Today and I just think if the passing doesn't pick up quick then we're using a first rounder on a QB and we'll be back with game threads like this again next year when Pickett / Corral / Willis turns out to be a dud.

1 minute ago, Swoop said:

Random Reglar wants to run a wildcat offense with 2/3 Hurts-esque QBs on the field.

He’s a developing player. Give him time. Meanwhile the Eagles are winning and you’re wasting time whining.

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Absolutely.

The Eagles scored 40 points today.   Teams don't score 40 points without the QB being a part of the wins.

5 games coming up,  Jets, Giants x2, Washington x2,  and even the Cowboys game is winnable.

I’m not calling him a rookie or anything, rather I’m saying expecting him to be Steve Young in 15 games (when Steve Young wasn’t even Steve Young in 15 games) is a waste of time to whine about. He’s improving, and the team is winning. The Eagles are winning and beanbaggers are whining. I guess they ,issued last year. They must miss all that losing. 

I know I just like being a deek about the counting of how many games he played lol. Next year he will be in his 2nd year!lmao

5 minutes ago, Swoop said:

You're whining despite the Eagles winning.

You being wrong all the time should get you to shut up,  but it doesn't.

Oh,  Kelce,   Kansas City TE,  took a direct snap today and ran for a TD.

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

I know I just like being a deek about the counting of how many games he played lol. Next year he will be in his 2nd year!lmao

In his 15th Eagles start he broke a record. People still crying for Minshew to go out there, throw it 40 times and lose tho.

7 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Nu-uh. 17 games now. He has to play 2 more. 

:P 

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Nu-uh. 17 games now. He has to play 2 more. 

:P 

Damn you!! 

1 minute ago, Random Reglar said:

You're whining despite the Eagles winning.

You being wrong all the time should get you to shut up,  but it doesn't.

What have I been wrong about? Hurts needing to improve a passer? Him not being consistent enough to beat good teams? Not wanting to rotate QBs every two seasons?

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

In his 15th Eagles start he broke a record. People still crying for Minshew to go out there, throw it 40 times and lose tho.

I'm having fun and enjoying the win! Join the fun and ignore the baggers!! 

2 minutes ago, Random Reglar said:

Absolutely.

The Eagles scored 40 points today.   Teams don't score 40 points without the QB being a part of the wins.

5 games coming up,  Jets, Giants x2, Washington x2,  and even the Cowboys game is winnable.

This Jalen Hurts led team is already better than that 2020 team, but we got people around here whining. This team has put themselves in playoff contention and people are whining. It’s a joke. 33 offensive points and over 200 rush yards on that Saints defense. You know last year when the other guy was quarterback they blamed everyone else but him for the losses and killed the roster. Now that team is winning without that dude, but now they’re winning despite the quarterback? I better stop here though. The beanbaggers will just say I’m talking about their god and his 100 passing yards today too much. 

34 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

Thats about the ONLY running QB I remember winning the superbowl.....but like you said, very lethal with the arm.....wait....what about Roger Staubach?

I think the difference was style of play guys like Staubach, Tarkenton, Stabler..were guys who could move...but really they were just trying to avoid the pass rush...don't think that they had designed QB runs back then because it was unheard of....

same with Steve Young...he was a guy who ran because his routes were covered and he was trying to escape...but oh man was that 1994 SF team stacked...

Ricky Watters, William Floyd, Brent Jones, John Taylor..and the GOAT: Jerry Rice...add to that a nasty Defense: Haley, Stubblefield, Ken Norton, Tim McDonald, Merton Hanks, Eric Davis, and...Deion Sanders

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'm having fun and enjoying the win! Join the fun and ignore the baggers!! 

I hear ya bud. 

Just now, Infam said:

Flower starts to blossom!!

Since that meeting this team has been kind of on a roll. 

Keep it up Chiefs.

Archived