New Position for Reagor Next Season?

EazyEaglez

9 hours ago, NOTW said:

You said he doesn't throw to him & the coaches don't scheme for him & give him opportunities. You said another QB might throw to him.  You're way downplaying it now.

Now you're confusing JJAW with Reagor. I did feel Doug didn't design plays to Reagor's strengths. I thought Sirianni would be the right guy to do that. In all honesty, to this point, the problem is Reagor, not the play design (under Sirianni), but I still don't blame Reagor for every play that doesn't work out. Screens aren't going to work when the blocking isn't there and/or the defense reads the play. But poor decisions, dropped passes, etc... that's on Reagor. 

Regarding JJAW, you are pulling stuff out of context. In arguments where people said JJAW can't get open, I showed clips showing him getting open, and not being thrown to. So ... yeah ... Wentz chose not to throw to JJAW. I believe it was because he didn't have confidence in him. I mean, Fulgham came in amongst all the injuries and Wentz fed him targets. I think Sudfeld had praised Fulgham to Wentz and Wentz trusted him to make plays. Also keep in mind that Wentz had a terrible year in 2020. With a miserable performance by our play-caller and QB most of the season, I was not ready to proclaim JJAW a bust and wanted to see if Sirianni could make something of him. That didn't happen. JJAW is a special teams player on a team where the special teams play was not particularly good. On his offensive snaps, he was merely a blocker. In his very limited opportunities, he needed to be clutch and he was not. Sirianni has pretty much stated that JJAW is mainly on the field to block. So the scheme here isn't really trying to get the ball in JJAW's hands. I think we all appreciate blocking and effort, but when a WR isn't a viable option to catch passes, what's the point? Smith appears to be a great WR and he can also block well. So, in my book, JJAW's had 3 disappointing seasons and I'm on board with the bust label. 

On the last part, 

You said another QB might throw to him.

I said Hurts spread the ball around to the WRs in 2020 better than Wentz did. So I expected more opportunities for the WRs in 2021 --- especially with the Ertz trade imminent. I also stated that McCown didn't mind passing to JJAW in his rookie preseason. Clearly I was speculating before really seeing what kind of offense Sirianni would employ. I doubt you'll find any posts by me claiming JJAW would be more productive. In fact, if you actually go back and read my posts from October 2020 and later, you'll see that I thought (and still think)  Fulgham was the better player (of the two). 

Just now, brkmsn said:

Now you're confusing JJAW with Reagor. I did feel Doug didn't design plays to Reagor's strengths.

What would you say his strengths are?  How would you design a play for him?

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

What would you say his strengths are?  How would you design a play for him?

During his rookie season, I felt getting him the ball in space was the best option. I thought we should have given him more work as the punt returner as well that year.

If you ask the same question now, I think critics are in Reagor's head. If he can't figure out how to cope with the noise, he won't last long. But if he had a couple big moments in a game, a little confidence could get him on track. I'm just a little concerned right now about the mental aspect of the player. 

On 2/11/2022 at 7:42 PM, brkmsn said:

During his rookie season, I felt getting him the ball in space was the best option. I thought we should have given him more work as the punt returner as well that year.

If you ask the same question now, I think critics are in Reagor's head. If he can't figure out how to cope with the noise, he won't last long. But if he had a couple big moments in a game, a little confidence could get him on track. I'm just a little concerned right now about the mental aspect of the player. 

You should’ve listened to what his former college head coach said about him. Even back then he lacked focus. If that guy is letting the fans get into his head (even though ) he’s struggled on the road as well then he doesn’t have a future in the NFL. The Eagles have tried to get him the ball in space with screens and even some crossing routes. They have tried to hand him the ball on Carrie’s, and they tried to get him the ball in space on returns. He’s had more opportunities this past season yet he regressed. This is no one else’s fault, but him. Drafting him and JJAW have been major letdowns, because they aren’t good players. Howie screwed up there. 

I think they'll take a good, hard look at Reagor in camp, let him play through the preseason, then hand him a shopping cart full of cold soft pretzels to sell in the parking lot at the Linc. 

37 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yep, especially when he reaches for a running qb in the 2nd round.  

Well in his defense he wouldn’t have had to reach if his quarterback could stay healthy and didn’t turn into a complete turd. 

47 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Ah yes.  That's it.  They drafted Hurts because the guy they just threw all that money at, took a headshot while on the ground.  All of that can be true, but it doesn't change that your man-crush Qb sucks.  

Ah the clueless. I’ve told you beanbaggers many times I don’t know what Hurts is. I’m not going to ASSume he’s anything. I know you all ASSumed Wentz was and still is great, but the truth is he’s trash and that’s the reason why the Eagles are in the predicament they’re in at quarterback. You sad sacks can try to excuse away the issues of Wentz all you like, but if you really think a concussion from two years ago are Carson’s only problems then you are lost. With that being the case my like or dislike for Hurts is irrelevant. The Eagles will make the call and I’ll support the Eagles either way. I’m sure you haters will cry all year if you don’t get what you want though. Frankly I wouldn’t mind a new quarterback. That way you all can get back to blaming everyone but the quarterback for the problems around here just like you all did since 2018 when we supposedly had a "franchise quarterback.” 

• Haha 1

Beanbaggers been kissin that Wentz tushie since 2016. Still full of hate, cause Hurts replaced their god. 😂🤣😂

7 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

You should’ve listened to what his former college head coach said about him. Even back then he lacked focus. If that guy is letting the fans get into his head (even though ) he’s struggled on the road as well then he doesn’t have a future in the NFL. The Eagles have tried to get him the ball in space with screens and even some crossing routes. They have tried to hand him the ball on Carrie’s, and they tried to get him the ball in space on returns. He’s had more opportunities this past season yet he regressed. This is no one else’s fault, but him. Drafting him and JJAW have been major letdowns, because they aren’t good players. Howie screwed up there. 

Critics aren't only critics at home games. I'm not saying he has trouble playing in front of Eagles fans. I'm suggesting that he's trying too hard (trying too hard, not working too hard) to force things to improve in his game. He hears the noise and hasn't learned to move on. He's in his own head. If he takes a mature approach, puts in the work, listens to coaching, and trusts himself, I believe he can become a good WR. 

One other point... Getting him the ball and getting him the ball in space are two different things. 

2 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Critics aren't only critics at home games. I'm not saying he has trouble playing in front of Eagles fans. I'm suggesting that he's trying too hard (trying too hard, not working too hard) to force things to improve in his game. He hears the noise and hasn't learned to move on. He's in his own head. If he takes a mature approach, puts in the work, listens to coaching, and trusts himself, I believe he can become a good WR. 

One other point... Getting him the ball and getting him the ball in space are two different things. 

Reagor is Agholor v2.0.  

Perhaps Howie should consider avoiding any WR who has a last name that ends in "or”.

Actually Reagor can only wish he was as good as Agholor.  

• Like 1

They’re trying to get him the ball in space. Why do you think he basically only catches screens? Why do you think he returns kicks. Again if he can’t handle boos at home ore away then he’s in the wrong career field. He’s not built for NFL football. If he needs it to be quiet then he better go play golf. 

18 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Reagor is Agholor v2.0.  

Perhaps Howie should consider avoiding any WR who has a last name that ends in "or”.

Actually Reagor can only wish he was as good as Agholor.  

Heck right now Reagor 2021 wishes he was as good as Reagor 2020.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2022 at 5:47 PM, brkmsn said:

You are a true homer, trying to find any positives in Eagles players who flat out suck and have proven so for 2-3 years.  So pretend Reagor were on another team.  Would you want the Eagles to trade for him?  If so, what would you expect to trade for him and what role would he play?  A 2nd WR to Smith?  A 5th depth chart role player and special teams?

On 2/11/2022 at 7:35 PM, brkmsn said:

I did feel Doug didn't design plays to Reagor's strengths.

News Flash, Reagor has no strengths.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NOTW said:

You are a true homer, trying to find any positives in Eagles players who flat out suck

This topic isn't about me.

13 hours ago, NOTW said:

So pretend Reagor were on another team.  Would you want the Eagles to trade for him?  

No. But we already have invested in him, so at this point, we'd get more out of him by getting something out of him as a player than we would in a trade. Again, Reagor's first 2 years are very similar to Agholor's first two years:

Reagor: 64-695-3TDs (14-58-0 rushing)

Agholor: 59-648-3TDs (5-14-0 rushing)

Agholor turned things around in his 3rd year (2017) and played just as well in 2018. We all know that Agholor is nothing special, but he can be a key player on his team on offense. Unfortunately, that may be the bar for Reagor. It doesn't appear he'll become the player the Eagles hoped when they drafted him. But if he puts things together mentally and puts in the effort, he could become a valuable WR3. I'm not saying I'd bet the farm that it will happen. I just haven't reached whatever point you are at. I've mentioned before that I like to give players 3 years to prove themselves. 

13 hours ago, NOTW said:

If so, what would you expect to trade for him and what role would he play?  A 2nd WR to Smith?  A 5th depth chart role player and special teams?

Obviously, nobody is giving up much for Reagor right now. It's the kind of situation where one team swaps their disappointing high draft pick for another team's disappointing high draft pick. 

I think it is almost a certainty Reagor is on the roster next season sooooo ... 

We can only hope he shows up in year 3 as Agholor did.  Not counting on it (then again most weren't counting on Agholor either) but have to think he needs to have a much more productive season if he wants to carve out a nice NFL career for himself, whether here or elsewhere.  

The issue with Reagor (to distinguish him from other high Eagle draft picks that also suck) is that he is both a lightning rod and a pouter.  

While the Eagles do try to keep those high draft picks around, that combination may give Reagor a 1-way ticket off the roster faster than most Howie busts.

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

The issue with Reagor (to distinguish him from other high Eagle draft picks that also suck) is that he is both a lightning rod and a pouter.  

While the Eagles do try to keep those high draft picks around, that combination may give Reagor a 1-way ticket off the roster faster than most Howie busts.

And he was Doug's pick, amirite?  ;) 

• Like 1

On 2/15/2022 at 10:47 PM, brkmsn said:

20 hours ago, time2rock said:

I think it is almost a certainty Reagor is on the roster

l

next season sooooo ... 

We can only hope he shows up in year 3 as Agholor did.  Not counting on it (then again most weren't counting on Agholor either) but have to think he needs to have a much more productive season if he wants to carve out a nice NFL career for himself, whether  here or elsewhere.  

Reagor was obviously a massive disappointment last year, but he did look like he would be at least a good number 3 and possibly a number 2. Now he’s a liability.

I really think the fans aren’t helping. Not that they don’t have a right to boo, but I think it’s helped turn Reagor from a disappointment to awful.

Hopefully he does an Agholor in year 3. I’m not holding my breath. He may need to move on to reach his (albeit limited) potential.

1 hour ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Reagor was obviously a massive disappointment last year, but he did look like he would be at least a good number 3 and possibly a number 2. Now he’s a liability.

I really think the fans aren’t helping. Not that they don’t have a right to boo, but I think it’s helped turn Reagor from a disappointment to awful.

Hopefully he does an Agholor in year 3. I’m not holding my breath. He may need to move on to reach his (albeit limited) potential.

What I find a little concerning is that Sirianni's background as a WR coach should have been a benefit to the WR position. Obviously, Smith didn't disappoint as a rookie and Watkins took a huge step forward in his 2nd year. But neither JJAW or Reagor took steps forward as pass catchers. I completely understand the doubt that many fans have with Reagor at this point. While some want to mock me for my stance, the only real difference is that I still think he can develop and am hoping he gets on track in his 3rd year. 

There are a couple of reasons why Reagor has not produced but possibly could be rectified by Sirianni.  Obviously, Reagor's confidence is way down and Sirianni has been trying to pump it back up with playing time, opportunities and saying the right things.  Sirianni knows that if Reagor can put together a good string of performances then his confidence will start to come back.  Plus using Reagor in short to midrange passing plays, as Reagor doesn't track the deep ball well.  He also should be put motion a lot more and never ever be used for that end around again.

They're going to give Reagor every chance to contribute, especially since he was a first round pick....He's not going to get cut this year.  Phily fans are fickle....they'll boo like crazy and talk about getting rid of a guy......but like I said, if Reagor puts a string of good games together, they'll flip.

I think Sirianni and Morehead could make something out of Reagor....as long as Reagor starts to show any improvement....

The one other thing about #3 and #4 receivers lack of production is the QB......Hurts RARELY gets to his 3rd and 4th look......right now, he's a 2 look QB with happy feet.  And until Hurts gets quicker with those looks, I don't care who the 3rd and 4th receivers are.....they're not getting many chances

• Like 1

7 hours ago, brkmsn said:

What I find a little concerning is that Sirianni's background as a WR coach should have been a benefit to the WR position. Obviously, Smith didn't disappoint as a rookie and Watkins took a huge step forward in his 2nd year. But neither JJAW or Reagor took steps forward as pass catchers. I completely understand the doubt that many fans have with Reagor at this point. While some want to mock me for my stance, the only real difference is that I still think he can develop and am hoping he gets on track in his 3rd year. 

Blame it on the player and the guy who drafted them.  Those guys suck.  You can't get blood from a stone.

3 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Blame it on the player and the guy who drafted them.  Those guys suck.  You can't get blood from a stone.

Not sure if you misunderstood me. I wasn't blaming Sirianni. I said that's what concerns me. He has the benefit of a coach that has the experience to help him and wants to help him, but he still had a disappointing year.

Not sure if you misunderstood me. I wasn't blaming Sirianni. I said that's what concerns me. He has the benefit of a coach that has the experience to help him and wants to help him, but he still had a disappointing year.

I might have misunderstood.

On 2/23/2022 at 8:27 AM, birdman#12 said:

There are a couple of reasons why Reagor has not produced but possibly could be rectified by Sirianni.  Obviously, Reagor's confidence is way down and Sirianni has been trying to pump it back up with playing time, opportunities and saying the right things.  Sirianni knows that if Reagor can put together a good string of performances then his confidence will start to come back.  Plus using Reagor in short to midrange passing plays, as Reagor doesn't track the deep ball well.  He also should be put motion a lot more and never ever be used for that end around again.

They're going to give Reagor every chance to contribute, especially since he was a first round pick....He's not going to get cut this year.  Phily fans are fickle....they'll boo like crazy and talk about getting rid of a guy......but like I said, if Reagor puts a string of good games together, they'll flip.

I think Sirianni and Morehead could make something out of Reagor....as long as Reagor starts to show any improvement....

The one other thing about #3 and #4 receivers lack of production is the QB......Hurts RARELY gets to his 3rd and 4th look......right now, he's a 2 look QB with happy feet.  And until Hurts gets quicker with those looks, I don't care who the 3rd and 4th receivers are.....they're not getting many chances

Do you remember when people were asking why the Eagles kept putting Jackson and Jeffery out there instead of playing the young players? When it really comes down to it I believe both Reagor and JJAW were put on Sirianni and if he had his choice he wouldn’t play much of either guy, but the FO is forcing them onto him. Ward as a receiver was probably a better option than either player, but he barely touched the field. Boston Scott shows he belongs in the the NFL, but he barely got a shot until Sanders and Howard got hurt. Howie controls the roster and Sirianni can only play who he’s told to play.

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Howie controls the roster and Sirianni can only play who he’s told to play.

That is why we must do everything in our power to scourge Nova Care of that plague Howie Roseman.