New Position for Reagor Next Season?

EazyEaglez

It was a shocking reach of a pick when it happened, and those never work out. I can forgive Howie if he busts drafting a prospect that’s widely regarded (if we took Dion Jordan instead of Lane as an example), but when you draft someone who most hadn’t even heard of or had on the radar as a first round pick, you need to get ripped for it. 

Howie is distancing himself from Reagor and the media and fans are piling on Reagor but they really need to be piling on Howie. The pick was Justin Jefferson 100 times out of 100 and Howie messed it up. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Yeah I’d prefer that they even sign someone over trying to draft another guy. 

Well they’re going to need two receivers so they may have to do both. JJAW and Reagor both need to be shown the door. 

1 hour ago, nipples said:

Well they’re going to need two receivers so they may have to do both. JJAW and Reagor both need to be shown the door. 

Have a feeling they aren’t letting both go. 

JJ goes, Reagor stays. They give him one more season to 'produce/grow'.

NFL rosters spots are precious. They need to be filled with players who can contribute consistently in meaningful ways that helps a team win a game. Hopefully our Iggles will get more said players onto their 2022 roster.

12 hours ago, eagle45 said:

He’s mobile and he’s developing, maybe he should be our franchise QB.

Reagor? Mobile and developing? Not two words I would use to describe him. 

• Haha 1

He'll probably still be on the roster going into training camp given the cap hit. He's not going to garner much in a trade at this point, but a "bust for bust" swap where you gamble on a change of scenery might be the best strategy. I would reach out to the Patriots during the preseason and propose a Jalen Reagor for N'Keal Harry swap.

Both guys are former late first round picks who haven't lived up to their draft status. Maybe the Patriot Way unlocks Reagor's talent? The Patriots and Eagles do have some trade history and the Patriots have accumulated some former Eagles over the past few years. Harry has a little bit more size than Reagor, and could complement Devonta Smith better as a possession WR, assuming that he can get separation consistently, which is the major knock on him.

Reagor compared to his WR draft class:

16th in receptions - 11 WRs taken in 2nd round or later above him
18th in yards  - 11 WRs taken in 2nd round or later above him
23rd in TDs - 17 WRs taken in 2nd round or later above him

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

Reagor compared to his WR draft class:

16th in receptions - 11 WRs taken in 2nd round or later above him
18th in yards  - 11 WRs taken in 2nd round or later above him
23rd in TDs - 17 WRs taken in 2nd round or later above him

At this point do we really need anymore proof Reagor isn’t a good receiver? 😂

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

At this point do we really need anymore proof Reagor isn’t a good receiver? 😂

Hey it distracts me from work right? :lol:

• Haha 1

Social teams Not as a PR or KR.  Dude will have to much hit in the cap space I think they said so he’ll be here unfortunately.  How about jock strap collector in the locker room ?

On 1/23/2022 at 4:50 PM, eaglesfan0075 said:

He'll probably still be on the roster going into training camp given the cap hit. He's not going to garner much in a trade at this point, but a "bust for bust" swap where you gamble on a change of scenery might be the best strategy. I would reach out to the Patriots during the preseason and propose a Jalen Reagor for N'Keal Harry swap.

Both guys are former late first round picks who haven't lived up to their draft status. Maybe the Patriot Way unlocks Reagor's talent? The Patriots and Eagles do have some trade history and the Patriots have accumulated some former Eagles over the past few years. Harry has a little bit more size than Reagor, and could complement Devonta Smith better as a possession WR, assuming that he can get separation consistently, which is the major knock on him.

I actually think he could use a change of scenery. This was one of the few times I’ve actually heard the Eagles be critical of one of their picks. He’s clearly on notice. 

On 1/22/2022 at 3:48 PM, eagle45 said:

He’s mobile and he’s developing, maybe he should be our franchise QB.

Basically a rookie.

On 1/22/2022 at 3:33 PM, LacesOut said:

JJ goes, Reagor stays. They give him one more season to 'produce/grow'.

NFL rosters spots are precious. They need to be filled with players who can contribute consistently in meaningful ways that helps a team win a game. Hopefully our Iggles will get more said players onto their 2022 roster.

well this is the most insane post of the day, and it will stand that way

45 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Can he throw? I hear the Bucs will need a new QB for 2022... 

was just coming to say this 

• Like 1