New Position for Reagor Next Season?

EazyEaglez

13 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I'd like to see them try and switch him to corner. 

He has hands like one. 😂

15 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Maybe Howie doesn't have a brain so then he can't make moves that require not having one because he is pretending he does have a brain. 

Think about it! 

Hopefully Howie doesn’t overthink everything again. 😂

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He would. He's a bust. Flat out he's just really bad. 

At catching the football but he is an extremely athletic player.  He showed a few weeks back when he punched out a ball and forced a fumble on an interception return that he has that ability.  I think his career could be salvaged as a corner.  

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Yeah surprisingly, considering smith was a no brainer. They have a knack for not doing that either

My theory is that Howie drafts better both with higher picks and when there's a new coach where he's trying to be more collaborative and go with the scouts and coaches.  They happen to coincide because usually a new coach means they had a losing season and higher picks.  Then you have to look at the following offseasons where they are picking later, like past 15 and starting to reach and made decisions like "draft all the speed" or get hung up on comparisons like JJAW is an Alshon clone, or Pumphrey is small so he must be Sproles 2.0.

This last class was good so far.  We will see who is still on the team in a few years, how they're performing and if they get a 2nd contract.  And how does he draft going forward.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

At catching the football but he is an extremely athletic player.  He showed a few weeks back when he punched out a ball and forced a fumble on an interception return that he has that ability.  I think his career could be salvaged as a corner.  

I don’t really see it, and I don’t think he’s mature enough to handle a complete switch to the other side of the football. The worst part here is I don’t think he even realizes how bad he’s been. 

On 12/1/2021 at 3:13 AM, EazyEaglez said:

Looking at these highlights what struck me most is how small he actually looks out there. I think he might really be about 5’9”. He’s never going to get the separation in the NFL he was able to get in college. RB screens are more effective than WR screens IMO so getting him the ball in space with some big guys in front could show some of his breakaway speed he hasn’t shown in the pros. I don’t necessarily want to see Mialata running in the backfield, but I wouldn’t mind seeing this guy running behind a Mialata block. 

The Eagles thought they were getting Tyreek Hill part 2 but he doesn’t have the same explosiveness. He may have good timed speed but it doesn’t show up when he puts the pads on. 

I think Sirianni should take a hard look at how Arthur Smith of the falcons utilized Corderelle Patterson this year.  It's too early and too stupid to just give up on Reagor.....they have to try whatever they can to best utilize him.  

54 minutes ago, birdman#12 said:

I think Sirianni should take a hard look at how Arthur Smith of the falcons utilized Corderelle Patterson this year.  It's too early and too stupid to just give up on Reagor.....they have to try whatever they can to best utilize him.  

That was one of my original points of the thread and I feel like Sirianni is trying to transition Reagor more to this as he actually got behind the backfield runs with Reagor in Dallas, but my belief that Reagor will even do that successfully are low.

19 hours ago, NOTW said:

My theory is that Howie drafts better both with higher picks and when there's a new coach where he's trying to be more collaborative and go with the scouts and coaches.  They happen to coincide because usually a new coach means they had a losing season and higher picks.  Then you have to look at the following offseasons where they are picking later, like past 15 and starting to reach and made decisions like "draft all the speed" or get hung up on comparisons like JJAW is an Alshon clone, or Pumphrey is small so he must be Sproles 2.0.

This last class was good so far.  We will see who is still on the team in a few years, how they're performing and if they get a 2nd contract.  And how does he draft going forward.

i cant argue with the early returns, but yeah, we have to see if they can continue to develop and become consistent, quality starters. 

1 hour ago, Road to Victory said:

The Eagles thought they were getting Tyreek Hill part 2 but he doesn’t have the same explosiveness. He may have good timed speed but it doesn’t show up when he puts the pads on. 

Yeah you can tell by that draft the Eagles we’re looking for not only receivers, but guys with speed. Even Hightower is a 4.4 40 guy, and Watkins is a 4.2 guy.

1 hour ago, birdman#12 said:

Patterson has speed and moves.   Reagor seems to run straight into the defenders.

22 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I'd like to see them try and switch him to corner. 

Some define a DB as a receiver who can't catch. That certainly describes Reagor  so yeah maybe .......

:-)

• Haha 1

Reagor has the athletic abilities but he doesn't have the football IQ, a quality both the wr and cb absolutely demand to be successful.

6 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

Reagor doesn't actually have "good timed speed".

What Reagor has is a great vertical jump and a great broad jump.   And when you look at sparq, you notice that there is a flaw in the sparq calculation where those 2 jumps never can be 100%.  I'm not entirely clear about that flaw,  but what you find is that a not so fast, not so quick player who jumps great ends up with a crazy high top 1% sparq. 

So, Reagor is "explosive".  "Explosive" is the measurement of the jumps + the bench.

Combine Invite: Yes
Height: 5105
Weight: 206

Zybek PD3X AKA "Official"
40 Yard Dash (ET): 4.47
40 Yard Dash (HH): 4.43
20 Yard (ET): 2.68
20 Yard (HH): 2.58
10 Yard (ET): 1.63
10 Yard (HH): 1.57    

225 Lb. Bench Reps: 17
Vertical Jump: 42
Broad Jump: 11'06"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.46
3-Cone Drill: 7.31

A 1.63 10 split is not good for a WR.  4.46 20 shuttle and a 7.31 3 cone - also not good for a WR. 

Those 3 numbers aren't too far away from the Eagles great oliners numbers.

Jason Kelce 20 Shuttle - 4.14 Reagor 4.46

Lane Johnson 3 Cone - 7.31 Reagor 7.31
Sua Opeta 10 split - 1.65,  Reagor 1.63.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Random Reglar said:

Reagor doesn't actually have "good timed speed".

What Reagor has is a great vertical jump and a great broad jump.   And when you look at sparq, you notice that there is a flaw in the sparq calculation where those 2 jumps never can be 100%.  I'm not entirely clear about that flaw,  but what you find is that a not so fast, not so quick player who jumps great ends up with a crazy high top 1% sparq. 

So, Reagor is "explosive".  "Explosive" is the measurement of the jumps + the bench.

Combine Invite: Yes
Height: 5105
Weight: 206

Zybek PD3X AKA "Official"
40 Yard Dash (ET): 4.47
40 Yard Dash (HH): 4.43
20 Yard (ET): 2.68
20 Yard (HH): 2.58
10 Yard (ET): 1.63
10 Yard (HH): 1.57    

225 Lb. Bench Reps: 17
Vertical Jump: 42
Broad Jump: 11'06"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.46
3-Cone Drill: 7.31

A 1.63 10 split is not good for a WR.  4.46 20 shuttle and a 7.31 3 cone - also not good for a WR. 

Those 3 numbers aren't too far away from the Eagles great oliners numbers.

Jason Kelce 20 Shuttle - 4.14 Reagor 4.46

Lane Johnson 3 Cone - 7.31 Reagor 7.31
Sua Opeta 10 split - 1.65,  Reagor 1.63.

The expectation of Reagor was he was supposed to run a 4.2 speed like 40 time at the combine and he didn’t. He hasn’t really shown he’s capable of those kinds of speeds either. Even in his big plays he tends to still get tackled. Where’s the breakaway speed? 

1 minute ago, Sack that QB said:

New position:

Janitor.jpg

I don't know man.   Reagor would still be a backup to that guy.

1 hour ago, Philthy Jawn said:

Reagor has the athletic abilities but he doesn't have the football IQ, a quality both the wr and cb absolutely demand to be successful.

Reagor DOESN'T have the great athletic abilities that people think he has.

1.63 10 split is POOR for a WR.  4.46 20 shuttle and 7.31 3 Cone are poor for WR.   He's got strong legs that allow him to jump high.

Reagors numbers are nothing like someone like Tyreek Hill.   It's not some mental problem that Reagor has.  He might have that mental problem,  but it's easy to see that he lacks suddenness, agility, quickness, and all of those things are really things that WRs should have.  Reagors speed is good from 20 yards to 40 yards. and he can jump.  The problem is that he seems to have problems jumping and catching 40 yards downfield.  

The numbers seems to say that Reagor is not going to do particularly well running outside.   Players like Ward and Watkins have better 10 split,  20 shuttle and 3 cone.   Tyree Jackson has better 10 split, 20 shuttle and 3 cone. 

RAS gives Reagor an agility grade of "Very Poor"

https://ras.football/2020/02/01/jalen-reagor-ras/   

17 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

The expectation of Reagor was he was supposed to run a 4.2 speed like 40 time at the combine and he didn’t. He hasn’t really shown he’s capable of those kinds of speeds either. Even in his big plays he tends to still get tackled. Where’s the breakaway speed? 

Reagor does not run a 4.2 40.   It's a 4.47 40.

If you're going to stare at his numbers,   what you might find is that Reagor gets fast after 20 yards or so of running.   His first 20 yards is not fast.  His 2nd 20 yards is fast.  He does have a high top speed.  He's got the 11th fastest run this year in the NFL.  So, if Reagor is able to run for 20 yards,  after those 20 yards,  he's fast.   But, typically,  you don't want a slow, and also not quick and agile, runner to get the ball and run outside.  He's not going to be able to outrun the defense and he's not going to be able to use moves to get around the defense.  He, theoretically, could use the strong legs to break tackles, but he's 206 pounds.  

If he can catch the ball,  make a difficult catch downfield,  that's great,  because he is running fast after 20 yards, and he can jump high.  But there's too much of the whole "jumping high, able to catch the ball, but not catching the ball" thing that he seems to do a lot. 

35 minutes ago, Random Reglar said:

If you're going to stare at his numbers,   what you might find is that Reagor gets fast after 20 yards or so of running.   His first 20 yards is not fast.  His 2nd 20 yards is fast.  He does have a high top speed.  He's got the 11th fastest run this year in the NFL.  So, if Reagor is able to run for 20 yards,  after those 20 yards,  he's fast.   But, typically,  you don't want a slow, and also not quick and agile, runner to get the ball and run outside.  He's not going to be able to outrun the defense and he's not going to be able to use moves to get around the defense.  He, theoretically, could use the strong legs to break tackles, but he's 206 pounds.  

If he can catch the ball,  make a difficult catch downfield,  that's great,  because he is running fast after 20 yards, and he can jump high.  But there's too much of the whole "jumping high, able to catch the ball, but not catching the ball" thing that he seems to do a lot. 

I’m just explaining to you what was originally expected. Teams thought Reagor would run a 4.2, but he ran slower than anticipated. He ran an unofficial 4.2 later.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2886121-video-jalen-reagor-runs-unofficial-422-second-40-at-virtual-nfl-draft-pro-day

His 4.4 was basically disappointing. 

18 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

That was one of my original points of the thread and I feel like Sirianni is trying to transition Reagor more to this as he actually got behind the backfield runs with Reagor in Dallas, but my belief that Reagor will even do that successfully are low.

Yeah, that's possible......but after investing a 1st round pick, they have to exhaust every option with him.......maybe he's like Agholor or some other high picks who take a couple years to be productive.  

But if the eagles do invest more in the WR position, say they trade for Ridley and spent one of the first round picks on another receiver, his chances will probably diminish unless he really earns them....and not just camp and preseason. He'll have to earn them in the spot duty he'll get next year......the better he handles them, the more chances he'll get.

On 1/11/2022 at 6:35 PM, Random Reglar said:

I remember him running a 4.2 in a private workout. 

1 hour ago, Road to Victory said:

I remember him running a 4.2 in a private workout. 

It's plausible.  4.47 is his official combine number.