New Position for Reagor Next Season?

EazyEaglez

57 minutes ago, Random Reglar said:

It's plausible.  4.47 is his official combine number.

That wasn't what was expected. Frankly it was disappointing just like he's been.  

On 1/11/2022 at 7:14 PM, EazyEaglez said:

I’m just explaining to you what was originally expected. Teams thought Reagor would run a 4.2, but he ran slower than anticipated. He ran an unofficial 4.2 later.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2886121-video-jalen-reagor-runs-unofficial-422-second-40-at-virtual-nfl-draft-pro-day

His 4.4 was basically disappointing. 

looking at the official combine numbers,  4.47 isn't a bad number for a WR.

But, 1.65 10 split is bad,  4.46 20 shuttle is bad,  7.31 3 cone is bad - for a WR.

Jason Kelce - Center - is quicker,  with a better 20 shuttle 4.14 and better 3 cone 7.22 than Reagor.

Milton Williams - DT - 6.96 3 cone,  4.33 20 shuttle, at 284 pounds

It appears that turning or changing directions really isn't in Reagors wheelhouse at all.  And, often, turning is something important for wide receivers.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Random Reglar said:

looking at the official combine numbers,  4.47 isn't a bad number for a WR.

But, 1.65 10 split is bad,  4.46 20 shuttle is bad,  7.31 3 cone is bad - for a WR.

Jason Kelce - Center - is quicker,  with a better 20 shuttle 4.14 and better 3 cone 7.22 than Reagor.

Milton Williams - DT - 6.96 3 cone,  4.33 20 shuttle, at 284 pounds

It appears that turning or changing directions really isn't in Reagors wheelhouse at all.  And, often, turning is something important for wide receivers.

Could have a lot to do with why he’s considered such a poor route runner and why it seems like he takes some of the worst angles possible as a return man. 

22 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

That wasn't what was expected. Frankly it was disappointing just like he's been.  

sure, sounds good.  Might want to not draft a guy in the first if he doesn't have those great number.  The sEagles have drafted a lot of players with great numbers.   Milton Williams numbers are great.  6.96 3 Cone at 284 pounds is great.  Just looking him up.  In addition to all the great OLs.

3 minutes ago, Random Reglar said:

sure, sounds good.  Might want to not draft a guy in the first if he doesn't have those great number.  The sEagles have drafted a lot of players with great numbers.   Milton Williams numbers are great.  6.96 3 Cone at 284 pounds is great.  Just looking him up.  In addition to all the great OLs.

Even if he’s converted to a back I have new concerns, because despite his power he isn’t breaking a lot of tackles either. I don’t think he has the patience needed for a player to be a good back, letting the hole develop and then turning on the jets. He’s not a smart football player to add to all of his other deficiencies. 

6 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Could have a lot to do with why he’s considered such a poor route runner and why it seems like he takes some of the worst angles possible as a return man. 

that sounds right.   I wasn't paying attention to him before the draft so I wasn't looking at youtubes of him.  He's a good jumper.  He has strong legs.  206 is pretty heavy for a WR.     After running pretty slowly for 20 yards,  the next 20+ yards are pretty fast.  He has a high top speed.   There are some things he should in theory be able to do well, but the numbers show that there are a lot of things he really shouldn't be able to do all that well.

I think he might be a good gunner?  Someone suggested secondary,  which could work, unless the receiver he's covering changes direction at some point, in which case it sounds like a problem. 

I kinda don't understand why they're having him run outside.   4.47 isn't great.  Quez Watkins is 4.35.  It seems like he would be better at that.  Greg Ward can run outside and then throw the ball.  Greg Ward also has a  better 10 split and a better 3 cone.  Ward also ran the ball a lot in college as a QB,  had a 1000+ yard rushing season. 

If Hurts had a cannon arm,  Reagor might benefit from that.  50-60 yards downfield,  Reagor, theoretically, could be running faster than the db, and could outjump the db.  But if Reagor can't make difficult catches, well,  that's not much of a benefit.

1 minute ago, Random Reglar said:

that sounds right.   I wasn't paying attention to him before the draft so I wasn't looking at youtubes of him.  He's a good jumper.  He has strong legs.  206 is pretty heavy for a WR.     After running pretty slowly for 20 yards,  the next 20+ yards are pretty fast.  He has a high top speed.   There are some things he should in theory be able to do well, but the numbers show that there are a lot of things he really shouldn't be able to do all that well.

I think he might be a good gunner?  Someone suggested secondary,  which could work, unless the receiver he's covering changes direction at some point, in which case it sounds like a problem. 

I kinda don't understand why they're having him run outside.   4.47 isn't great.  Quez Watkins is 4.35.  It seems like he would be better at that.  Greg Ward can run outside and then throw the ball.  Greg Ward also has a  better 10 split and a better 3 cone.  Ward also ran the ball a lot in college as a QB,  had a 1000+ yard rushing season. 

If Hurts had a cannon arm,  Reagor might benefit from that.  50-60 yards downfield,  Reagor, theoretically, could be running faster than the db, and could outjump the db.  But if Reagor can't make difficult catches, well,  that's not much of a benefit.

Did you know on the first drop in the 4th against the Giants Reagor actually closed his eyes? 😂🤦🏾‍♂️This guy isn’t a fit for any quarterback, and having too speed in the NFL is kind of useless. Offenses in the NFL don’t have the time to wait for him to get open. 

10 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Even if he’s converted to a back I have new concerns, because despite his power he isn’t breaking a lot of tackles either. I don’t think he has the patience needed for a player to be a good back, letting the hole develop and then turning on the jets. He’s not a smart football player to add to all of his other deficiencies. 

It seems like he's a guy who just gets too many snaps.  When it comes to letting the hole develop,  I wouldn't be too concerned about that.  The OL should be opening pretty big holes.   That's a good OL.  The issue is that his 10 split - the first 10 yards -  1.63 isn't good at all for a WR.  Maybe it's good, by the time he gets there, the hole is open.   Usually you want someone who is fast, though. 

https://ras.football/2020/02/01/jalen-reagor-ras/

RAS says that 1.63 10 split is 3.3 out of 10, for a WR  which is "Very Poor".

He jumps well, and 40 yards downfield, he's fast.  But he's slow near the line of scrimmage and he's not agile or quick.  He probably did too many squats,  his legs are too strong probably and not flexible enough.

16 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Did you know on the first drop in the 4th against the Giants Reagor actually closed his eyes? 😂🤦🏾‍♂️This guy isn’t a fit for any quarterback, and having too speed in the NFL is kind of useless. Offenses in the NFL don’t have the time to wait for him to get open. 

I heard that.  Apparently the db who was covering him said that.  I would think that the Eagles might not want to give him all that many snaps, and trading him might be a good idea.    Maybe just not thinking about him too much might be best.

Jalen Reagor  WR TCU #21 pick in the first round in 2020 by Philadelphia.
Josh Doctson   WR  TCU   #22 pick in the first round in 2016 by Washington.

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

FB_IMG_1642084916709.jpg

So pathetic. If anyone thinks Russell Wilson makes this guy better they’re fooling themselves. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

So pathetic. If anyone thinks Russell Wilson makes this guy better they’re fooling themselves. 

I think you are literally the only fan I see bring up Russell Wilson.  :lol:  

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

I think you are literally the only fan I see bring up Russell Wilson.  :lol:  

Well he’s the guy I most hear about, but there is at least one person around here who wants him. Heck I’ve even saw a few people who want Cousins. Well until they realize how much money he makes. 😂

12 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Well he’s the guy I most hear about, but there is at least one person around here who wants him. Heck I’ve even saw a few people who want Cousins. Well until they realize how much money he makes. 😂

I can't believe anyone would want Cousins, what a joke.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I can't believe anyone would want Cousins, what a joke.

The hate for Hurts is that real in some. 

8 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

He should be working at McDonalds serving McMuffins.

I don't know about you but I prefer not to eat things that have been dropped on the ground 

• Like 1
  • Haha 9