New Position for Reagor Next Season?

EazyEaglez

No I don’t mean out of town, but I understand the sentiment. Just thinking how it’s become painfully obvious that Reagor will not become a prolific NFL receiver, but maybe the Eagles can try to capitalize on his abilities by switching him to running back. The Falcons have basically done the same thing with Patterson and maybe running behind this offensive line could get Reagor opportunities to really break off some big plays. According to his former coach he can bench 400 and squat 600 pounds so he has the potential to become a running powerhouse. I know it’s Jalen Reagor and most of us are really down on the guy, but maybe a position change could save his career. 

900EE924-6F6E-4CC1-813B-817E2F80C19C.jpeg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, MagicMoment said:

Log off now 

I’m just trying to make lemonade out of sewerage bud. 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Maybe he can join Mailata as a superweapon in the backfield. Right @EagleJoe8 @Bwestbrook36 @Random Reglar?

Welp, we have a WR that can't run routes or catch and we have a QB that can't throw or or read a defense so might as well make the whole damn team running backs just like randomly irregular dreams about 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

43 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’m just trying to make lemonade out of sewerage bud. 😂

Take your lemonade and rub it in your eyes! 

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Maybe he can join Mailata as a superweapon in the backfield. Right @EagleJoe8 @Bwestbrook36 @Random Reglar?

Yeah, but, little evidence that Reagor has what it takes to do that.

Mailata - can do it all.
Reagor - having problems finding anything he can do.

Maybe Reagor can be a special teams gunner?  runs 40 yards,  is flying by that point, and the powerful legs allow him to jump and tackle?

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Welp, we have a WR that can't run routes or catch and we have a QB that can't throw or or read a defense so might as well make the whole damn team running backs just like randomly irregular dreams about 

running QBs? 

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

No I don’t mean out of town, but I understand the sentiment. Just thinking how it’s become painfully obvious that Reagor will not become a prolific NFL receiver, but maybe the Eagles can try to capitalize on his abilities by switching him to running back. The Falcons have basically done the same thing with Patterson and maybe running behind this offensive line could get Reagor opportunities to really break off some big plays. According to his former coach he can bench 400 and squat 600 pounds so he has the potential to become a running powerhouse. I know it’s Jalen Reagor and most of us are really down on the guy, but maybe a position change could save his career. 

900EE924-6F6E-4CC1-813B-817E2F80C19C.jpeg

I'm with you on this. 

I don't know why he was drafted so high.  But he was.  And they had to be looking at high sparq from him.  High sparq usually = great jumps and great jumps are generally caused by strong legs.  

Squatting 600,  vert of 42,  broad of 11'06,  strong legs,  breaking tackles,  build a head of steam and running fast at 40 yards.   He might have the most power of any of the Eagles running backs who aren't injured. 

83 yard TD run in college.

Maybe Reagor just sucks.

Maybe Reagor has what it takes to be a special teams Gunner?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NOTW said:

I don’t think he’s any kind of super weapon. I just think he’s a really bad wide receiver that the Eagles really want to get the ball in the hands of. Rather than continuing to waste time trying to throw it to him just hand it off. 

46 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

Oh brother....his new position should be UFA. That is all.

But you know this will not happen. He’s going to waste a roster space as a receiver who can’t catch. 

4 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Take your lemonade and rub it in your eyes! 

Every time I watch this kid play wide receiver I want to. 

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Random Reglar said:

Yeah, but, little evidence that Reagor has what it takes to do that.

Mailata - can do it all.
Reagor - having problems finding anything he can do.

Maybe Reagor can be a special teams gunner?  runs 40 yards,  is flying by that point, and the powerful legs allow him to jump and tackle?

I don’t see the point in moving Mialata considering he’s actually really good at what he does. Reagor isn’t good at being a receiver so my point is since he’s probably one step from being out the league anyways just try it out and see what he can do. Heck they basically throw him screens, and give him end around anyway so they’re not real confident in him as a receiver to begin with. 

2 hours ago, Random Reglar said:

I'm with you on this. 

I don't know why he was drafted so high.  But he was.  And they had to be looking at high sparq from him.  High sparq usually = great jumps and great jumps are generally caused by strong legs.  

Squatting 600,  vert of 42,  broad of 11'06,  strong legs,  breaking tackles,  build a head of steam and running fast at 40 yards.   He might have the most power of any of the Eagles running backs who aren't injured. 

83 yard TD run in college.

Maybe Reagor just sucks.

Maybe Reagor has what it takes to be a special teams Gunner?

Looking at these highlights what struck me most is how small he actually looks out there. I think he might really be about 5’9”. He’s never going to get the separation in the NFL he was able to get in college. RB screens are more effective than WR screens IMO so getting him the ball in space with some big guys in front could show some of his breakaway speed he hasn’t shown in the pros. I don’t necessarily want to see Mialata running in the backfield, but I wouldn’t mind seeing this guy running behind a Mialata block. 

Jalen Reagor running a go route against average NFL cornerbacks is a liability, but Jalen Reagor out of the backfield running an in route or even a wheel route agains most NFL linebackers is a mismatch.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PoconoDon said:

Oh brother....his new position should be UFA. That is all.

But it won't be.   He won't be cut.   They drafted him for a reason.  Maybe.   And he's there.

I'd say at this point "wow, there sure are a lot of short and light running backs and wide receivers,  I'm not sure the Eagles really need that many"   The Eagles do better with the run game the more that the extra players are big blockers,  and worse with tiny fast guys who basically stay out of the way.  You can spread out tight ends,  if the play is a running play,  the TEs should be able to block the DEs or whoever is out there better than the little wrs and rbs. 

I'd say take WR3 off the field.   The Eagles have 1 very good WR,  Smith.   Reagor is very close to the bottom of PFF. 

Put Tyree Jackson in there instead of Reagor.  Have him in the backfield,  near Hurts.  He can pass protect.  He could get the ball and run it or throw it.  He could run a simple route from the backfield.  Just get open,  relief valve.   Or run a route from the slot.  Or block from TE.  Compare to Reagor,  who doesn't seem yet to be able to do much of anything.  Perhaps he'll be better at RB or gunner. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Random Reglar said:

But it won't be.   He won't be cut.   They drafted him for a reason.  Maybe.   And he's there.

I'd say at this point "wow, there sure are a lot of short and light running backs and wide receivers,  I'm not sure the Eagles really need that many"   The Eagles do better with the run game the more that the extra players are big blockers,  and worse with tiny fast guys who basically stay out of the way.  You can spread out tight ends,  if the play is a running play,  the TEs should be able to block the DEs or whoever is out there better than the little wrs and rbs. 

I'd say take WR3 off the field.   The Eagles have 1 very good WR,  Smith.   Reagor is very close to the bottom of PFF. 

Put Tyree Jackson in there instead of Reagor.  Have him in the backfield,  near Hurts.  He can pass protect.  He could get the ball and run it or throw it.  He could run a simple route from the backfield.  Just get open,  relief valve.   Or run a route from the slot.  Or block from TE.  Compare to Reagor,  who doesn't seem yet to be able to do much of anything.  Perhaps he'll be better at RB or gunner. 

I think you expect too much too soon from Jackson bud. I think they believe they have a player there, but he isn’t quite ready yet. He’s going to need some building up like Mialata did. I will say it seemed like they basically let Ertz go, because they believed this kid would be ready, but so far he’s not doing much. I just think it’s cause he’s still learning the new position. I agree with you on Reagor though. He’s not going anywhere anytime soon. 

30 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Jalen Reagor running a go route against average NFL cornerbacks is a liability, but Jalen Reagor out of the backfield running an in route or even a wheel route agains most NFL linebackers is a mismatch.

I like the idea of WR/RBs.   If there is an expert route runner, a great receiver,  maybe you just let him focus on that, perhaps?  That would be Smith. 

Reagor could be on the field (if he's on the field) in possibly multiple roles.  He could be a tailback,  behind Hurts.   Quick pass or pitch to him, or he runs a route.  His highlights on youtube did contain a number of pretty basic reverse or misdirection runs.   He's not quick, sudden, twichy,  so if a wr is on him,  he's not going to get away from him unless he breaks the tackle.  but his 40 time was good, and his 10 split was bad,  so, he must be running fast somewhere in there.  Get the ball behind the line of scrimmage,  runs slowly,  by the time he gets to the los,  he's accelerating and being fast.  fast, medium rb size, powerful legs, running outside, but also inside.   It could work. 

Some of the rbs have better quickness than reagor.   they show physical attributes of being able to be wrs. 

miles sanders
Combine Invite: Yes
Height: 5105
Weight: 211

Zybek PD3X AKA "Official"
40 Yard Dash (ET): 4.49
40 Yard Dash (HH): 4.50
20 Yard (ET): 2.61
20 Yard (HH): 2.52
10 Yard (ET): 1.57
10 Yard (HH): 1.52     
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 20
Vertical Jump: 36
Broad Jump: 10'04"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.19
3-Cone Drill: 6.89

Reagor

Weight: 206

40 Yard Dash (ET): 4.47
40 Yard Dash (HH): 4.43
20 Yard (ET): 2.68
20 Yard (HH): 2.58
10 Yard (ET): 1.63
10 Yard (HH): 1.57     
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 17
Vertical Jump: 42
Broad Jump: 11'06"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.46
3-Cone Drill: 7.31

Gainwell

Dates: 03/19/21
Hand: 09 7/8  Arm: 30 5/8
Wingspan: 70 1/4

Height: 5083
Weight: 201
40 Yrd Dash: 4.47
20 Yrd Dash: 2.57
10 Yrd Dash: 1.62     

225 Lb. Bench Reps: 21
Vertical Jump: 35
Broad Jump: 10'01"
3-Cone Drill: 7.26

Boston Scott

Dates: 03/22/18
Hand: 09 3/8  Arm: 29 7/8
Wingspan: 72 5/8

Height: 5066
Weight: 195
40 Yrd Dash: 4.40
20 Yrd Dash: 2.71
10 Yrd Dash: 1.58     
Vertical Jump: 38 1/2
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.15
3-Cone Drill: 6.67

6 minutes ago, Random Reglar said:

I like the idea of WR/RBs.   If there is an expert route runner, a great receiver,  maybe you just let him focus on that, perhaps?  That would be Smith. 

Reagor could be on the field (if he's on the field) in possibly multiple roles.  He could be a tailback,  behind Hurts.   Quick pass or pitch to him, or he runs a route.  His highlights on youtube did contain a number of pretty basic reverse or misdirection runs.   He's not quick, sudden, twichy,  so if a wr is on him,  he's not going to get away from him unless he breaks the tackle.  but his 40 time was good, and his 10 split was bad,  so, he must be running fast somewhere in there.  Get the ball behind the line of scrimmage,  runs slowly,  by the time he gets to the los,  he's accelerating and being fast.  fast, medium rb size, powerful legs, running outside, but also inside.   It could work. 

Some of the rbs have better quickness than reagor.   they show physical attributes of being able to be wrs. 

miles sanders

Reagor

Gainwell

Boston Scott

His bench press is a little light compared to those other guys otherwise he’s somewhat comparable. Curious to see how he looked compared to some wide receivers drafted over the past few years. Weight wise he’s listed around 198, but both here and at the combine he’s come into the season heavier than that weight. Maybe it’s possible for the Eagles to bulk him up 10 pounds in the off-season. Him playing around 208 is comparable on many NFL backs in the league. Bottom line is I don’t see an NFL caliber receiver in Reagor. Maybe he isn’t even an NFL running back, but I think giving it a try could save his career.  

28 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I think you expect too much too soon from Jackson bud. I think they believe they have a player there, but he isn’t quite ready yet. He’s going to need some building up like Mialata did. I will say it seemed like they basically let Ertz go, because they believed this kid would be ready, but so far he’s not doing much. I just think it’s cause he’s still learning the new position. I agree with you on Reagor though. He’s not going anywhere anytime soon. 

The Eagles should be using Tyree Jackson as a backfield weapon.  It certainly takes time to learn how to be a TE, and they're working on making him into a TE,  and he's got the right size and speed to be that.  But, right now,  the Eagles don't have any ball carrier other than Hurts who weighs more than 211 pounds.   Tyree has a number of very good youtube clips of him running for 20 yard TDs or a 80 yard TD run.  Various long runs and TD runs.  and he's 249 pounds.  He's definitely useful in many ways in short yardage situations.  that's not what a TE does,  but the Chiefs had former Oklahoma QB Blake Bell go in motion, get under center, get the snap and run behind the center. they had Kelce in the wildcat, taking a shotgun snap and running.   Logan Thomas did the Bell thing last year. 

1 hour ago, Random Reglar said:

miles sanders

Reagor

Gainwell

Boston Scott

I blame you @EazyEaglez for these run on responses!  

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Maybe Reagor and Hurts can team up together in the CFL

BINGO!