EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

This reminds me of 2019 when they only had 5 picks and we just had to sit and watch all of the mid-round talent go off the board.

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, bpac55 said:

This reminds me of 2019 when they only had 5 picks and we just had to sit and watch all of the mid-round talent go off the board.

That was rough. Not a ton left in the secondary that's exciting at this point.

2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Yeah was hoping we could move someone for a fourth.

Weird to think we really only miss a pick in rounds 4 + 6..

If you told me at the beginning of the week the Eagles would come out of draft weekend with Jordan Davis, Nakobe Dean, AJ Brown, and our next C after Kelce I’d be pretty happy.

The Eagles need some secondary help, but FA is not over yet.  There will also be UDFA guys added — maybe one can be a Corey Clement type contributor for a few years 

If it makes you guys feel better, the reason we don't have flexibility is because we got a 2023 1st and 2024 2nd. And the 3rd we got this year went towards our WR1. Probably better than some mid-round talent.

2 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Commies take Howell lmao.

LET'S GOOOO

Howell is a good pick for them.  Wentz isn’t Cal Ripken, and Howell will be an upgrade over Hienicke 

Poor Carson, Howell to a franchise with a record of replacing a top draft choice with a QB picked on Day 3. 

1 minute ago, The Blackfish said:

Eagles can’t pass on Woolen, right? 

He’ll go to or three pics in front of us just because we want him

Still would like trade back a few picks to add another one.  Damone Clark although is out for the year is extremely talented.  Worth a late round flyer if we can get another pick

1 minute ago, greendestiny27 said:

Chiefs steal Kinnard there 

He was terrible in Senior Bowl and combine

1 minute ago, garingovt2000 said:

Still would like trade back a few picks to add another one.  Damone Clark although is out for the year is extremely talented.  Worth a late round flyer if we can get another pick

He was terrible in Senior Bowl and combine

He was beat at at the senior bowl but also held his own at times. Nice size and strength for guard at this stage. 

Archived