The Fishing and Hunting Thread

Alpha_TATEr

I'm hoping to have a pic to post from UP Mich in a couple of weeks.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

I'm hoping to have a pic to post from UP Mich in a couple of weeks.

Jealous!  I always wanted to fish the Boundary Water up there.  Have a blast, man!

• Like 1

It appears that the new process of buying all licenses and tags online in PA is a complete shitshow - I'm totally shocked :rolleyes: 

18 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

It appears that the new process of buying all licenses and tags online in PA is a complete shitshow - I'm totally shocked :rolleyes: 

wait, something run by a government agency is a shitshow? whoda thunk..... :roll: 

i think getting taylor swift tickets is easier....

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, BFit said:

wait, something run by a government agency is a shitshow? whoda thunk..... :roll: 

i think getting taylor swift tickets is easier....

Here's what you get when you try to log-in

image.png.bfabff22e9676dfb79b457b101af86e0.png

:roll: 

2 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Here's what you get when you try to log-in

image.png.bfabff22e9676dfb79b457b101af86e0.png

:roll: 

i was on the site an hour before it opened. im number 14465 with 7992 infront of me still. and here i thought id have a doe tag by 815 :roll:

• Haha 1

my spot in line came up at 1:47. i was working and missed it. saw it at 2:03. now im #123,979 <_< 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, BFit said:

my spot in line came up at 1:47. i was working and missed it. saw it at 2:03. now im #123,979 <_< 

I'd laugh but I know that when my turn comes up I'll be at home doing something and will miss it as well :rolleyes:

14 minutes ago, BFit said:

I almost missed my window too. Saw the email, checked the website and had a couple hundred people in front of me, and got on a work call. When I got off the phone I just happened to glance at the screen and see that I had a pop up saying that I had to sign on or I’d lose my spot in line. 6 of the 10 minutes in the window had passed. If I wouldn’t have left the message on my screen I would have missed it completely. 

I'm honestly not too worried about it - I can get DMAPs from the landowner of the property I hunt.  Just think it's predictable and hilarious that this happened

3 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

I'm honestly not too worried about it - I can get DMAPs from the landowner of the property I hunt.  Just think it's predictable and hilarious that this happened

Me too. There wouldn’t be a problem at all if people weren’t panicking about not being to get their doe tags. I expect more doe tags to sell the first day than normal, but overall sales will be in line with prior years. I signed on this morning because I knew I’d be working in from of a computer all day anyway and figured I’d see when I was able to actually get in to make the purchase. 
The crazy thing to me is that a significant number of the people that are so worried about getting their tags are probably the same ones that would mail their pink envelopes on the Friday before they were accepted to make sure it go to the post office Monday morning for WMUs that still had tags available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. 

• Like 1

Michigan fishing upcoming.  This Thursday the 6th somewhere in northern Michigan and then up in the UP on the 11th.  I have no other details as the couple we are going with booked both excursions.  Guessing it will be smallmouth and maybe brown trout the first outing and then walleye fishing with some pike around.  If we get anything, I'll take some pics.

• Like 1

Update; I missed the first day of fishing due to flight getting canceled and then not getting to Michigan until almost two days later than planned. The other guy on the trip was already in Michigan so he made it. He and the guide fished for steelhead and got two strikes but didn’t land them. They switched over from flies to spinners and he caught five smallmouth. I’ll put a pic up later. 

Next chance is early next week up in the UP. He has booked an outing for lake trout and salmon. 

• Like 2

Success on Lake Superior today. Five lake trout, two coho salmon, two pink salmon. Big one got away, of course. I’ll post pics once I’m back home. 

• Like 1

well, my son and i have our tags for the 1st round in. both for 5A. 

next round will be for 4B and then 5C & 5D. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

well, my son and i have our tags for the 1st round in. both for 5A. 

next round will be for 4B and then 5C & 5D. 

Got the kids 5C for the easy pickings and I got 3C.  I'll get 5C round 2.  Kids are still under the mentored program so they can only get one tag.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2023 at 2:39 PM, BFit said:

my spot in line came up at 1:47. i was mazterbating and missed it. saw it at 2:03. now im #123,979 <_< 

FYP

• Haha 1

Reminds me of one of my old calculus professors whose wife wanted him to take her on a cruise.  He told her he refuses to get on board any boat he can't fish off of.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

our granddaughter caught this decent spotted bass (all by herself) this past Sunday morning. 

545F1144-59B4-4445-9DCC-422910404E81.jpeg

• Like 7

• 4 weeks later...

just bought an okuma aventa VT 1002 centerpin reel with a 3pc 15ft rod for $140. can't wait to use it up in pulaski this year. 

• Like 2