The Fishing and Hunting Thread

Alpha_TATEr

On 2/4/2021 at 8:25 PM, greend said:

looks like my hog hunt is still on in April :groovy:

Must be tough when your belly is so big you can't find your hog

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Love the pics. Please continue to post them.

And I don't hunt or fish. Really never have.

The only fishing thing I did was a day trip expedition when I was 12 years old or so, off of Cape May. Puked my guts out the entire time!! LOLOLOL

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Why is this in other sports? Didnt even know it existed till I went looking for people talking about March madness :roll:

any way, I'll contribute quick. Got a buck and a doe 2 weeks apart in archery this year. Still having venison dinners from both. Buck was a 9 point, albeit a smaller one. 

going to try turkey hunting this year for the first time since I turned 18. Long story short, last time I was out I was 18 and ended up "hunting" my dad and brothers decoy till I realized they were messing with me. Took a while to live that one down. :lol:

Screenshot_20210318-234634_Gallery.thumb.jpg.4190a6d58c2b777996974d3196558ad2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• 2 months later...

Did some catch-and-release pheasant hunting with my truck in South Dakota last weekend.  He was very much alive, as I managed to slow down just enough.

g6T3oW.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20210504_094202.thumb.jpg.e26b15a080a7418909a09468df627574.jpg17221.thumb.jpeg.52a08ba4f29454164eb1f7a7773d7490.jpeg

The top one is mine, the rest are all birds that I called in this spring. @BFit and @rambo

20210515_083437.jpg

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

last week at penn warner. i usually catch a ton of these on yellow perch rapalas, but this one nailed a shiner on a walleye rig. 

pick 2.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

last week at penn warner. i usually catch a ton of these on yellow perch rapalas, but this one nailed a shiner on a walleye rig. 

I understand a few of these words.

• Haha 2

• 5 months later...

well my 14yr old and i are heading out to hunt for the first time. hoping to at least get a feel for things and maybe see some deer. didn't get a doe tag in time for perry county so its either a buck or nothing. 

if we do have one in our range, gonna let my son take the shot. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone use a fishing app?  Some dude I know is going to start working for one called Fishbrain.

On 12/3/2021 at 8:56 AM, Alpha_TATEr said:

well my 14yr old and i are heading out to hunt for the first time. hoping to at least get a feel for things and maybe see some deer. didn't get a doe tag in time for perry county so its either a buck or nothing. 

if we do have one in our range, gonna let my son take the shot. 

of course, we saw five doe within 65yrds of us and couldn't do a damn thing about it. 

On 12/15/2021 at 3:24 PM, DrPhilly said:

Anyone use a fishing app?  Some dude I know is going to start working for one called Fishbrain.

i used to use that one, then never got it again after i switched phones. 

1 minute ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

i used to use that one, then never got it again after i switched phones. 

Guess you didn’t like it that much

• 3 months later...

nice. 

going out for mentor day tmrrw. catch and release but its nice to hit the lake before the crowds hit next week for the trout. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

nice. 

going out for mentor day tmrrw. catch and release but its nice to hit the lake before the crowds hit next week for the trout. 

Same - taking my daughter.  We landed some really nice trout last year, had a great time.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Same - taking my daughter.  We landed some really nice trout last year, had a great time.  

awesome. this will be the 3rd year for my son and i. the stockies where we fish have been 14 in on average the last couple years. usually they tend around 10-12. 

good luck man, tight lines !

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

awesome. this will be the 3rd year for my son and i. the stockies where we fish have been 14 in on average the last couple years. usually they tend around 10-12. 

good luck man, tight lines !

She caught 7 - 3 she hooked all on her own.  Biggest was about 16 - she hooked a monster rainbow and it snapped the line 

• Like 1

i was able to get out there for a few hours this afternoon. caught 16 spots, including this nice one here. life is good.

3F8E554B-6279-4238-A063-124C45585381.jpeg

• Like 3

18 hours ago, NCTANK said:

i was able to get out there for a few hours this afternoon. caught 16 spots, including this nice one here. life is good.

3F8E554B-6279-4238-A063-124C45585381.jpeg

Nice!

btw - How old are those shoes?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

Nice!

btw - How old are those shoes?

hell, i don’t know. but they’re the most comfortable shoes and perfect for fishing.

2 minutes ago, NCTANK said:

hell, i don’t know. but they’re the most comfortable shoes and perfect for fishing.

I mean, I had those in 1976 or so.  Yeah, they were comfortable.

:P

• Haha 1

Just sent in my applications for mule deer and elk for this year in Colorado - fingers crossed!  I've never missed a draw for the deer even with 0 preference points, and I had 1 point for elk so I think my chances are pretty good to draw both.  

• Like 1