Eagles never should have fired Reid

Procus

I don’t think we would’ve won a SB with Andy. He’s terrible at making adjustments. His clock management is atrocious. It actually cost him the game today by wasting a timeout in the 1st half which they could’ve used right before halftime. He won one with KC but with Mahomes, Hill, Kelce. How would he have done with Foles, Jeffery & Ertz? 

• Like 1

Your honor, I present exhibit A!

Blew another Championship game with horrible clock management. Reid staples.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Philthy Jawn said:

This one wasn't on Andy. That was almost all Mahomes.  Terrible decision-making.

Reid has to take some blame for the decision not to kick before the half.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Philthy Jawn said:

This one wasn't on Andy. That was almost all Mahomes.  Terrible decision-making.

I never expected to see Mahomes crumble like that at the end.

2 hours ago, Philthy Jawn said:

Not to mention that back-to-back plays where he went OOB before the FG. No one talks about it because they got the first down after though. If they don't get the 1st they give the ball back with a decent amount of time and the Bengals have at least a TO left still.

Nope, this reminded me of the Tampa NFCCG here.....Reid stopped running the ball and went pass happy again.

8 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

Reid wasn't perfect, but this one is on Mahomes.

It’s absolutely on Andy. Mahomes was making dumb decisions and missing throws, so why not take the ball out of his hands? Edwards-Helaire was averaging 6 yards per carry, McKinnon was at 5.4. Yet in typical Andy Reid fashion he kept going pass pass pass. 

10 hours ago, Philthy Jawn said:

So RUN THE BALL! His top two backs were at 5.4 and 6.0 ypc in the game. Yet he kept throwing. It’s the Reid way. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

Your honor, I present exhibit A!

Blew another Championship game with horrible clock management. Reid staples.

Don’t forget the abandoned run game. 

• Like 1

Folks, you can't just switch to a running game in the second half when your is opponent is Joe Burrows.  And moreover, Mahomes collapse didn't occur until the 2nd half.  In the first, the team was cruising, so why would Andy just throw out the playbook?  

1 hour ago, Philthy Jawn said:

Folks, you can't just switch to a running game in the second half when your is opponent is Joe Burrows.  And moreover, Mahomes collapse didn't occur until the 2nd half.  In the first, the team was cruising, so why would Andy just throw out the playbook?  

What does Joe Burrow being on the other team have to do with sticking to the run? They didn’t need to "throw out the playbook,” they just needed to keep some semblance of balance. They did that in the first half, stopped in the second half. An Andy Reid special. 

I dunno, I really want to see the egg heads with the telestrators break this one down.  Bengals secondary was dropping 8 and that usually mean you should run the ball.  Also I have a gnawing feeling that Mahomes should have been look to run for yards instead of dancing 15 yards backwards waiting for the scramble drill to open every damn dropback.  But again i need to see the replay breakdowns to see wtf happened.

14 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

Reid wasn't perfect, but this one is on Mahomes.

I think so too.  QBR of 98 in 1st, 1.4 in 2nd half/OT.  I don't care what the play calls were, Cincy's D isn't that good.

Puh-lease dude.  The Bengals have a nice offense, Burrow is a good Qb that made some plays.  24 pts in regulation isn't some thing you change your game plan for, especially when your the m'ther f'in Chiefs.

On 1/27/2022 at 2:25 PM, Talonblood said:

I think he and the Eagles had to part at that time, although he is my favorite coach and I would have hung in there with him. They just needed to go their separate ways at the time- both needed fresh starts. 

FKHXk0VXwAEDx_3.jpg

4-8 combined record in Championship/SB rounds.  He was favored in about 8/12 of those games.  It is a damning legacy and this is just another major shite stain on a tapestry of shite stains.

56 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Guess you didnt watch the game.

In the first half the chiefs ran the ball, and were crusing

in the 2nd half the stopped running the ball. 

By my count it was 13 runs in the 2nd half and 7 in the 2nd half. *mind you* of the 7, 4 runs were at the end of the game, deep in Cinnci's territory to run the clock out. 

So essentially 13 runs in the first half, 3 in the 2nd half(with the lead the majority of the time) and 4 kneels. 

In the 2nd half, all the drives before the FG drive they only ran 18 offensive plays total over 5 drives and there were 6 runs. I'm not counting the ratio on their last drive because playcalling is different when you're trying to manage the clock. Not an ideal ratio but not as bad as you're suggesting. The big negative factor was Mahomes. He started out the 2nd half 3/10 and was missing a lot of throws that were easy. I think there were a couple drops in the there too. If he actually hit those throws then the rest of the game plays out a lot different and the Bengals don't get close to winning the game. It's not like he was missing 10-20+ yard throws. A lot of the passes he was missing were what they were hitting all day in the first half but Mahomes was missing them consistently in the 2nd half.

4 hours ago, Bacarty2 said:

so the guy was good enough for 3 touchdowns in the first half but then forgot how to play football in the second half...

ORRRRRR

Cinncy adjusted and the Chiefs didnt. 

Cinncy adjusted and the Chiefs didnt, typical AR.

The biggest problem AR had in Philadelphia was his "we're fine there" drafts as well as his ability to make adjustments.......he needed to go.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Cinncy adjusted and the Chiefs didnt, typical AR.

The biggest problem AR had in Philadelphia was his "we're fine there" drafts as well as his ability to make adjustments.......he needed to go.

there's just no excuse for an offense humming like that to get wrecked after halftime.  Bengals are a top 10ish defense, not the 85 Bears.

9 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Bengals are a top 10ish defense, not the 85 Bears.

No, they are not.

18th in yards allowed, 17th in points allowed

44 minutes ago, downundermike said:

No, they are not.

18th in yards allowed, 17th in points allowed

They did do a nice job of limiting Hill though.