Eagles never should have fired Reid

Procus

46 minutes ago, downundermike said:

No, they are not.

18th in yards allowed, 17th in points allowed

I have to admit I expected the numbers to look better when you throw in the sacks and turnovers, and they do, but still a mid tier Defense all the way.  I saw quite a bit of them following the ravens and there were games the front 4 devoured people, but they also got shredded by the Jets.  It's hard to believe how much luck it took for them to get to the SB.

10 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

So what your saying is, in the first half they had a good mix of run and pass plays, which produces points 

while in the 2nd half, they didnt have that same mix and they were off the field quickly with little to no points

HMMMM

It's not as drastic as you're making it seem. The designed run/pass ratio (not counting scrambles as run plays) in the 1st half was 40% and in the 2nd half it was 33%. Excluded the final drives from both halves for consistency since they're end of half drives which change playcalling. Major difference in the 2nd half is that Mahomes was missing easy throws.

2 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

4-8 combined record in Championship/SB rounds.  He was favored in about 8/12 of those games.  It is a damning legacy and this is just another major shite stain on a tapestry of shite stains.

So making the Super Bowl all those times is because he sucks an HC. Got it.

200.gif

• Like 1

Andy let the game slip away from KC in the 2nd half with his inability to adjust.

I'm sure the Bills are beating themselves up for allowing KC to score 3 points in 13 seconds, when it took KC an entire 2nd half to do it yesterday 🤣

3 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

This aged well

It was a knee jerk reaction based on recency bias. 

• Like 2

Marty Schottenheimer = Andy Reid + 1 Super Bowl

Both coaches that can build a franchise.  Neither adapted to what other teams did, they were sticking with what they wanted to do, regardless of what the other team did to counter it.  Andy got a SB ring, which is one more than I ever thought he'd get as a head coach.

Kansas City very well could end up like Favre or Rogers in Green Bay.

42 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

It was a knee jerk reaction based on recency bias. 

So typical TATE then? 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

So typical TATE then? 

Pretty much. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Vee said:

Marty Schottenheimer = Andy Reid + 1 Super Bowl

Both coaches that can build a franchise.  Neither adapted to what other teams did, they were sticking with what they wanted to do, regardless of what the other team did to counter it.  Andy got a SB ring, which is one more than I ever thought he'd get as a head coach.

Kansas City very well could end up like Favre or Rogers in Green Bay.

State farm curse

Rodgers - wins a SB, starts doing state farm commercials, 0 SBs since

Mahomes - wins SB, starts doing state farm commercials, 0 SBs since

Chris Paul - skipped to step 2

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bacarty2 said:

So what your saying is, in the first half they had a good mix of run and pass plays, which produces points 

while in the 2nd half, they didnt have that same mix and they were off the field quickly with little to no points

HMMMM

This is why I question who's to blame for Hurts' performance, Hurts or Sirianni?

It's like Randall's days in Philadelphia, who was to blame, Randall or Buddy Ryan, based on Randall's Minny days apparently  it was Ryan.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Philthy Jawn said:

Folks, you can't just switch to a running game in the second half when your is opponent is Joe Burrows.  And moreover, Mahomes collapse didn't occur until the 2nd half.  In the first, the team was cruising, so why would Andy just throw out the playbook?  

Isn’t that more reason to run? Keep Burrow or as you say "Burrows” off the field. 

5 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

Isn’t that more reason to run? Keep Burrow or as you say "Burrows” off the field. 

Lol, as I typed his name I said to myself, "Don't add the 's' to his name, don't add the 's'!"  I shouldn't have worried about that and I probably would have gotten it right.

27 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

If you watch the All 22, or any decent sports analyst and they show you all the dudes running wide open down the field you can tell its hurts. 

I dont care if your the greatest offensive coach in the world, if you have an under powered QB(arm wise) who's a one read and run QB, it's not gonna end well

If that's what the All 22 is showing then I guess it's on him.

Hurts does panic and leave the pocket too often for no reason, I posted numerous times that he should learn the value of stepping up in the pocket.

BTW, I looked to get the All 22 film this year and got the feeling that it wasn't available anymore.

On 1/31/2022 at 2:35 PM, Bacarty2 said:

I had it at 25% in the second half

But again. 40% = stayed on the field = scored point

30-ish% = couldnt stay on the field. 

But your right. Andy did nothing wrong. The announcers mentioning the lack of run game were wrong. The chiefs did just fine in the 2nd half

If the Chiefs had one of those passes be a run in the 2nd half, it becomes 39% instead of 33%.  Your argument is basically that one more run in the second half would’ve helped them produce like they did in the first half.  Oddly enough, the most productive drive by the Chiefs in the second half had them running at 28% of the drive.

I can still hear the Fire Andy chants at the Linc after 4-12. The media actually asked Reid if he heard it. Some believed that his offense was predictable, lost creativity and that his best days were behind him. Boy were they wrong. Jeffrey Lurie caved to the chant pressure and the negadelphian WIP Rants. 

He is a HOF coach who will enter the HOF as a Chief. 

• Like 1

On 2/4/2022 at 1:02 PM, jsdarkstar said:

I can still hear the Fire Andy chants at the Linc after 4-12. The media actually asked Reid if he heard it. Some believed that his offense was predictable, lost creativity and that his best days were behind him. Boy were they wrong. Jeffrey Lurie caved to the chant pressure and the negadelphian WIP Rants. 

At point Reid got fired, things were getting stale. Both parties needed to go in a different direction.

On 2/4/2022 at 4:02 PM, jsdarkstar said:

If Lurie didn't signal to the locker room that Reid was on his way out, the team would have won more games in 2012.  I always felt that Lurie should have given Reid a one year sabbatical from coaching to recharge his batteries and reinvent himself.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2022 at 12:38 PM, Procus said:

If Lurie didn't signal to the locker room that Reid was on his way out, the team would have won more games in 2012.  I always felt that Lurie should have given Reid a one year sabbatical from coaching to recharge his batteries and reinvent himself.

Reid didn’t want a sabbatical. He literally jumped right back into coaching right after he was fired.