Carson what the F happened wentz

Bwestbrook36

3 minutes ago, MF POON said:

Seeing his fall is not enjoyable, as this guy was essentially a rising star, got hurt, and has been on the steady decline ever since.  I don't think Wentz is even better than Hurts. At one point in his career he was, but he's not the same QB from 2017 anymore.  Wentz lost to the Jaguars twice last season and the Jags were arguably the worst team in the league. 

The Colts beat the Jags in Indy last year. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

The Colts beat the Jags in Indy last year. 

Thanks.  I looked at it wrong.  They just lost the win and in game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vaff said:

Lol, at this guy being "miles better than Hurts”. Hurts made the playoffs, Wentz missed the playoffs with a much better team around him, and colossally choked in the process.

Saying someone is a lot better than Hurts is not really that big of a compliment though. I just happen to think Hurts is trash.

• Like 1

Carson is his own worst enemy IMO.  When he developed a huge ego and basically shut off any coach or player trying to help him he dug his own grave.  He appears like a great guy on social media, in the community, etc but within the walls of an nfl building, he’s a complete dbag, as we’ve heard now from multiple sources in multiple cities.  He’s an unlikeable teammate, and unless he changes his attitude and accepts the criticism and coaching, he won’t be successful.  

this is why I think he’ll end up in Jax back with doug and press.  They’re the only two that would take him and know how to coddle him.  He’ll go there and be the backup.  If he ends up earning the starting job, Lawrence will move on and I could see him being in greenbay in 2-3 years.  

• Like 2

I seriously wouldn't be surprised to see him retire.  High risk guys like that don't make great backups so i don't even think he will be in the top tier of that group.  His best offer will probably be something like 3-5m and for that he just might call it quits.  If I had to pick a good spot for him I'd say Seattle.

3 hours ago, DBW said:

this is why I think he’ll end up in Jax back with doug and press.  They’re the only two that would take him and know how to coddle him

Doubtful, Doug had a falling out with Wentz while here. Which is why Doug went to reconcile with Wentz after the season. I doubt Doug will hitch his ass to the Wentz wagon again. 

• Like 2

Crappy attitude doesn't make for a great backup.   He'll just create problems for the starter.

I think he might be done.  For real.  I don't think any team has time for that kind of head case, when the skills don't back it up.  He clearly doesn't take to coaching, and in today's NFL, which coach will have any time for that?  If Reich couldn't do it, I don't seriously believe there's a coach out there willing to take a chance on this guy.

I guess I can see someone signing him as training camp competition to see what he can offer.  But he's been discussed as a locker room cancer kind of guy, so why would you expose him to any of your younger, more talented QBs.  

• Like 3

The Eagles are so lucky he wanted out come hell or high water. They wanted to keep him, stupidly, because of the cap hit. But he forced his way out. Which was a total blessing in disguise. Now we have the 15th pick in the draft, and by the time the draft gets here, he may have already been flat-out released by the Colts, after basically being the sole reason they missed the playoffs in his only season there 😆.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This article was written on 12/31/2021 :roll: 

Indianapolis Colts Are Huge Winners From Carson Wentz Trade

There were so many questions revolving around Carson Wentz upon his arrival to the Indianapolis Colts this past offseason in a blockbuster trade. The Colts sent the Philadelphia Eagles a 2021 3rd-round pick plus a 2022 1st-round pick in exchange for a quarterback many around the NFL believed was broken. If Wentz wasn’t able to revive his career with his former offensive coordinator Frank Reich in Indianapolis, it wouldn't happen anywhere ever again.

Well, don’t look now, but Wentz has quietly put a disastrous final season in Philadelphia behind him.

Wentz has cut his turnovers in half, while also providing a much-needed spark to the Colts’ offense with his strong arm and mobility outside the pocket. The 29-year-old signal-caller has thrown for 25 touchdowns to only six interceptions. On top of that, Wentz’s advanced metrics have been excellent when compared to other notable quarterbacks around the NFL.

Wentz ranks No. 6 in QBR with a 59.8 grade. He’s just ahead of Patrick Mahomes while only trailing the following elite-level QBs: Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Justin Herbert, Matthew Stafford, Josh Allen.

If you would’ve told anyone in Indianapolis that Wentz would be playing at this level, essentially returning to his 2019-20 form, they would easily hammer out a trade for him. When looking back at the price, Indianapolis is more than willing to pay that transaction fee.

Nowadays, franchise quarterbacks go for multiple first-round picks. Matthew Stafford being traded from the Detroit Lions to the Los Angeles Rams for Jared Goff and two future firsts is a perfect example. When realizing both Wentz and Stafford are playing at a similar level, the Colts’ front office has to be giddy for their future potential with the 2016 No. 2 overall pick behind center.

Remember, Wentz missed all of training camp and preseason due to a foot injury suffered in his second full practice. Being able to find a rhythm on the fly while also producing the best quarterback play Indianapolis has seen since Andrew Luck is a testament to the talents of Wentz.

This season was always an evaluation period for the Colts. If Wentz turned out to be their long-term answer, they would be more willing to push the chips into the middle of table in 2022. So far, so good, because Wentz is proving Reich was right on the money when he pounded the table to acquire his former quarterback.

Wentz has everything he needs to thrive in Indianapolis. An elite offensive line, superstar running back in Jonathan Taylor, an ascending No. 1 wide receiver in Michael Pittman Jr., and the coach he trusts reunited with him once again.

As the Colts started the season with an 0-3 record, many were ready to already throw in the towel on the Wentz era. After rattling off nine of their last 11 in the win column, it’s an entirely different tune in Indianapolis.

The one area many still had questions about with Wentz was his ability to win them a game in clutch situations. That opportunity arose on Christmas against the Arizona Cardinals when their offensive line was battered and Taylor was unable to beat them by himself.

Leading 15-12, Indianapolis had to go down and score to prevent Arizona from pulling off the comeback victory. Up to that point, Wentz’s play was shaky at best. When it mattered most, though, Wentz was unreal completing 100 percent of his passes with jaw-dropping throws in the fourth quarter. Arguably completing the best pass seen in the NFL this season on 3rd-and-9 in the red zone, Wentz avoided pressure moved to his left and fired a sidearm throw across his body to Dezmon Patmon for a touchdown. That throw and flawless drive from Wentz sealed an improbable Colts victory.

Arguably the hottest team in the NFL right now, Indianapolis has all the ingredients to make a deep playoff run. A lot of it is due to their MVP candidate at running back, plus an opportunistic defense. However, their new starting quarterback is answering much-needed questions along the way.

Say hello the Wentz era in Indianapolis. At this moment, the Colts pulled off a massive win by acquiring Wentz to boost their long-term ceiling.

• Haha 5

On 2/14/2022 at 3:23 PM, MF POON said:

Seeing his fall is not enjoyable, as this guy was essentially a rising star, got hurt, and has been on the steady decline ever since.  I don't think Wentz is even better than Hurts. At one point in his career he was, but he's not the same QB from 2017 anymore.  Wentz lost to the Jaguars twice last season and the Jags were arguably the worst team in the league. 

The Colts haven't won against the Jags in Jacksonville since like 2014. I don't know why, but they seem to play poorly there.

15 minutes ago, mihailo said:

The Colts haven't won against the Jags in Jacksonville since like 2014. I don't know why, but they seem to play poorly there.

its a division rival.... Not really different from any other division. That being said they still blew a pretty easy schedule down the stretch

5 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

its a division rival.... Not really different from any other division. That being said they still blew a pretty easy schedule down the stretch

Even so, the Jags have been bottom of the league for quite some time. The Eagles dominated the Giants 8-2 during the 2010s in their house.

I get what you are saying though, but clearly it is added pressure for them to win and they just aren't getting it done.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mihailo said:

Even so, the Jags have been bottom of the league for quite some time. The Eagles dominated the Giants 8-2 during the 2010s in their house.

I get what you are saying though, but clearly it is added pressure for Wentz to win and he isnt getting it done.

FYP 😁

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

My favorite (from 1/16):

We really won’t know until at least a few years. It’s looking bad now but we don’t if the Eagles draft picks will become busts. Also if Wentz is going to stay and turn it around or not.

Some smart fans they have there.  Very insightful. 

13 hours ago, mihailo said:

Yup, don't know why. I actually blame him more for the two eff-ups at the end of the Raiders game. Throwing a left handed pass out of the end zone? Really??! Had they won the Raiders game the Jags game would not have mattered. The Jags game seemed to be more of a team loss.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2022 at 6:15 PM, Boogyman said:

No, he is miles better than Hurts. And that's not even a huge compliment to Wentz. Hurts is just not very good IMO. He would make a really good backup though.

We're all entitled to our opinion - but if Wentz was the QB for this team over the last season, there's no way they're in the playoffs.  I don't think either is very good - but I'd take Hurts and his miniscule contract over Wentz and that monstrosity of a contract he has.  Even if the contracts were similar, there's no way I want Wentz on my team....bad juju, bad teammate, too much heroball. But like I said - we all have opinions - none is more right than another.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Plache said:

We're all entitled to our opinion - but if Wentz was the QB for this team over the last season, there's no way they're in the playoffs.  I don't think either is very good - but I'd take Hurts and his miniscule contract over Wentz and that monstrosity of a contract he has.  Even if the contracts were similar, there's no way I want Wentz on my team....bad juju, bad teammate, too much heroball. But like I said - we all have opinions - none is more right than another.   

I disagree. But comments like the one I bolded in your post are completely useless, as there is no way to know that. I also didn't say I wanted him back, just that I think he (and most of the league) would be an upgrade over Hurts.

4 hours ago, Boogyman said:

I disagree. But comments like the one I bolded in your post are completely useless, as there is no way to know that. I also didn't say I wanted him back, just that I think he (and most of the league) would be an upgrade over Hurts.

If you watched Carson Wentz attempt to play QB over the last two season, it's an obviously correct statement.  As I stated - OPINION.  You have yours, I have mine.  

1 hour ago, Plache said:

If you watched Carson Wentz attempt to play QB over the last two season, it's an obviously correct statement.  As I stated - OPINION.  You have yours, I have mine.  

If predicting an alternate future is an opinion, then sure. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Boogyman said:

If predicting an alternate future is an opinion, then sure. 

*We're all entitled to our opinion - but if Wentz was the QB for this team over the last season, there's no way they're in the playoffs.* That's called MY OPINION. 

2 minutes ago, Plache said:

*We're all entitled to our opinion - but if Wentz was the QB for this team over the last season, there's no way they're in the playoffs.* That's called MY OPINION. 

I honestly don't think we belonged in it as it was. I hate that they added another wildcard seed. They need to reduce the number, not increase it. Make it difficult to get in, not easier. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I honestly don't think we belonged in it as it was. I hate that they added another wildcard seed. They need to reduce the number, not increase it. Make it difficult to get in, not easier. 

I agree - I don't even like the wild cards in baseball....however - I still don't think Carson Wentz takes this team to a 7 seed this last season....he was awful - especially when the Colts needed him to be just adequate.