Carson what the F happened wentz

Bwestbrook36

4 minutes ago, Plache said:

I agree - I don't even like the wild cards in baseball....however - I still don't think Carson Wentz takes this team to a 7 seed this last season....he was awful - especially when the Colts needed him to be just adequate.  

No difference really, both teams had to take the ball out of their QBs hands to win games against bad teams. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Plache said:

*We're all entitled to our opinion - but if Wentz was the QB for this team over the last season, there's no way they're in the playoffs.* That's called MY OPINION. 

It's my opinion you would make the world's crappiest fortune teller.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, Plache said:

*We're all entitled to our opinion - but if Wentz was the QB for this team over the last season, there's no way they're in the playoffs.* That's called MY OPINION. 

Indy has a RB with over 1800 yards.  They won games putting 20+ points on the board.  In those games, Wentz often had yardage lower than 200.  He choked in big games and was unwilling to simply manage a succeeding gameplan.  He found ways to lose games for the Colts, and that's why he'll soon be a free agent.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Vee said:

Indy has a RB with over 1800 yards.  They won games putting 20+ points on the board.  In those games, Wentz often had yardage lower than 200.  He choked in big games and was unwilling to simply manage a succeeding gameplan.  He found ways to lose games for the Colts, and that's why he'll soon be a free agent.

He was as bad as he has ever been which is to say he is better at finding new ways to lose games than to win them.  

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

Lol Eagles fans love to hate this guy

Hate?  Hardly.  He's just another high pick QB relegated to the bust pile.  

I think once the first round pick was locked in from Indy, everyone stopped caring altogether.

Now had he been really good in Indy, or at least good enough to keep for a second season, then maybe there might be some people who would get angry here.  But there's nothing to hate about this guy.  He didn't force anyone to draft him second overall.  I'm not even sure he wasted an opportunity.  It was most likely never gonna work out for him in the NFL.

He should be rated somewhere just around Mark Sanchez.  Had one good season for the Jets, then just fell off a cliff.  Maybe Sam Darnold?  The fact that he's comparable to two Jets QBs says it all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Boogyman said:

It's my opinion you would make the world's crappiest fortune teller.

🤣 Needed a laugh today - thanks! (not being a smartass -- I really need it....)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Plache said:

🤣 Needed a laugh today - thanks! (not being a smartass -- I really need it....)

You know, your post did make me do some thinking. Had man landed on the moon a year or two earlier, I think the Eagles probably would have won at least 3 or 4 more Superbowls.

48 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

You know, your post did make me do some thinking. Had man landed on the moon a year or two earlier, I think the Eagles probably would have won at least 3 or 4 more Superbowls.

Annnnnnnnnnnnd never mind....I still think you're wrong - but in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't really matter.  Have a good one.........

1 hour ago, Plache said:

Annnnnnnnnnnnd never mind....I still think you're wrong - but in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't really matter.  Have a good one.........

It's just my opinion bruh

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

It's honestly pretty easy to dislike Wentz after all the BS he pulled here and then had the gall to try to force a trade when the team was still committed to him and had just given him a 100+ million contract. I blame the FO more than anything, though, for re-signing him prematurely. His attitude reeked of mental/emotional weakness. So, yeah, watching this guy faceplant after he acted like a complete baby and drama queen is definitely a little satisfying.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

It's honestly pretty easy to dislike Wentz after all the BS he pulled here and then had the gall to try to force a trade when the team was still committed to him and had just given him a 100+ million contract. I blame the FO more than anything, though, for re-signing him prematurely. His attitude reeked of mental/emotional weakness. So, yeah, watching this guy faceplant after he acted like a complete baby and drama queen is definitely a little satisfying.

That guy was hoping Wentz would win the super bowl and MVP with the colts this past year..... He deserves no explanation for that kind of love for a guy that isn't on the team anymore and didn't want to be 

• Like 1

On 2/17/2022 at 2:39 PM, Mike030270 said:

Unwilling to learn.  Passive aggressive and mopey. Bad teammate.

• Like 1

Goff is now better than Wentz 🤣

Remember the days we debated between Wentz and Dak? What a joke that is now.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2022 at 2:39 PM, Mike030270 said:

And some still only see him through 2017 colored glasses.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2022 at 3:50 PM, Vee said:

He's just another high pick QB relegated to the bust pile.  

12 hours ago, Mortimer said:

And some still only see him through 2017 colored glasses.

I greatly appreciate his 2017 season. That one may turn out to be an outlier for his career and he may never reach that level again. But he did reach that level and because of his performance in 2017, we won the NFC East and the #1 Seed, though getting that did also include a game or two from Nick. But I still give a large chunk of credit to Carson for that glorious season and I firmly believe that we still win LII with him under center. 

If I could turn back the clock though, and alter things so that he doesn't blow out his knee and Nick never plays, I wouldn't. Having Nick lead us the way he did, was perfection, as far as I'm concerned. It sucked for Carson, to be sure. But I wouldn't have LII any other way than how it played out.  

Of course, the way that post-season played out, may play a large role in how the following years have gone for Carson. Having Nick come in and become a Philadelphia God (or Saint... Saint Nick) after Carson did as well as he did during the regular season, seems to have really had an impact on his confidence. But that's just how I see it from the outside looking in. 

It's a shame that it didn't work out in the long run. But if 2017 was going to be the best we were ever going to get from Carson, then he can never be called a bust. If getting a Lombardi after 2 seasons equals 'bust', then I pray that all our draft picks are that kind of bust going forward. lol

• Like 1

Even if 2017 was an outlier, he did play at an MVP level for us before getting hurt.

There are plenty of early first round pick QBs out there that never came close to that level of production. QB is such a hard position to draft for a reason. The bust rate is so high and you can't always predict which guys make it and which ones don't.

Look at where the Browns are at now with former No. 1 overall pick Baker Mayfield. He's fighting for an extension with this upcoming season, but took the Browns to the playoffs for the first time in a very long time. Even Kyler Murray from the Cardinals (another #1 overall pick) is being rumored to be available via trade and he was considered one of the league's top young QBs not too long ago. 

As @VaBeach_Eagle described so well, I think a lot of what happened with Wentz came from after the Super Bowl win and the likely hit to his confidence watching his backup win it all (among other reasons).

I wonder what Reich is thinking and whether or not he agrees with the owner and GM. I haven't heard anything about Reich and Wentz.

And actually, I'm a bit surprised at the Colts throwing in the towel after one season with Wentz.  He was a lot better this year than he was last year, although he still has some issues.  

Philly fans love to hate the guy, which is typical.

Has anybody read or heard anything about what Reich has said?

I thought he had a really, really good 2019, particularly down the stretch when he was playing with Greg Ward as his best WR. 

Then he had the concussion in the playoff game and has gone downhill. 

• Like 2

On 2/24/2022 at 8:47 AM, Mat said:

I thought he had a really, really good 2019, particularly down the stretch when he was playing with Greg Ward as his best WR. 

Then he had the concussion in the playoff game and has gone downhill. 

That 2019 ending stretch needs to be put in perspective though. They were beating some trash teams. Giants twice (once required overtime), Washington, and Dallas.  So basically beat an 8-8 team (who had lost 3 of their last 4 at that time), a 3-13 team, and twice beat a 4-12 team. Not particularly impressive. Much like this season, that 2019 team benefited from a weak schedule down the stretch. 

• Like 2

On the Around the NFL podcast on NFL Network, the analysts discussed Wentz's trade value. They all believe that the Colts would have to actually send a pick with Wentz in a salary dump trade. Otherwise the Colts would have to eat the dead money in releasing Wentz if they could not trade him. 

Quite the turn of events for a guy we once saw as our franchise QB and likely 2017 regular season MVP if not for injury. The Colts were one of the better situations for Wentz to have landed in with regards to their strong OL (injuries aside) and ascending young nucleus of players, so I'm not so sure if another change of scenery would help him much? 

https://www.nfl.com/news/restructure-or-release-carson-wentz-kenyan-drake-among-eight-afc-players-to-keep

On 2/27/2022 at 4:44 PM, eaglesfan0075 said:

Quite the turn of events for a guy we once saw as our franchise QB and likely 2017 regular season MVP if not for injury.

Eagles wouldn't have won the Super bowl if Wentz didn't get injured, I feel.