Carson what the F happened wentz

Bwestbrook36

We get to see this clown 2x a year now!   Didn’t The Redskins find out that taking Eagles qbs don’t work out very well for them?  Hope we get our pass rush back next year!  Wentz is worth at least 8 sacks for the defense!

• Like 1

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33462068/washington-commanders-trading-indianapolis-colts-qb-carson-wentz-sources-say%3fplatform=amp

The Colts will receive the Commanders' third-round picks in 2022 and 2023, sources told Schefter. The 2023 third-rounder can become a second-round selection if Wentz plays 70% of Washington's snaps. The teams also swapped second-round picks in 2022, with the Colts moving up from No. 47 overall to No. 42.

Sources told Schefter that Washington will pay the full $28 million due to Wentz for the 2022 season, which includes a $5 million roster bonus coming next week.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, NOTW said:

Sources told Schefter that Washington will pay the full $28 million due to Wentz for the 2022 season, which includes a $5 million roster bonus coming next week.

Wentz out here stealing money like Bradford.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Procus said:

Possibly, depends how you look at it.  He was injured for 40% of his time there and really only had one winning season maybe two if you count a 7/7 season.  Then Again it was a different era of football and qbs weren’t asked to do a lot  compared to what they are in todays game. 

56 minutes ago, BornGreen said:

Possibly, depends how you look at it.  He was injured for 40% of his time there and really only had one winning season maybe two if you count a 7/7 season.  Then Again it was a different era of football and qbs weren’t asked to do a lot  compared to what they are in todays game. 

He's in the Hall of Fame

From the article about Wentz being upset about Super Bowl success:

One of the players immediately confronted him and the two eventually had to be separated.

Any speculation who the other player was? JP?

• Like 2

I was pissed when I heard the Colts manage to scrape something out of the trade then I remembered it was Washington they fleeced... :thumbsup:

• Like 1

If the story about Carson being upset at the teams success in the 2017 post-season is true, I'm really disappointed in him. I give him all the credit that he's due for that season, and always will. But to be so selfish and petty as to begrudge the team and the fans that success, simply because he himself can't play, is... well, selfish and petty. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

If the story about Carson being upset at the teams success in the 2017 post-season is true, I'm really disappointed in him. I give him all the credit that he's due for that season, and always will. But to be so selfish and petty as to begrudge the team and the fans that success, simply because he himself can't play, is... well, selfish and petty. 

One way to look at it is selfish and petty. Another way is as Wentz watched the Super Bowl run from the sidelines, he used it as motivation in subsequent seasons. Those teams found some success, they got into the playoffs 2018-2019, but they couldn't repeat a championship. A bunch of things went sour for those teams to come up short. I can't blame it all on Wentz.

2 hours ago, toolg said:

One way to look at it is selfish and petty. Another way is as Wentz watched the Super Bowl run from the sidelines, he used it as motivation in subsequent seasons. Those teams found some success, they got into the playoffs 2018-2019, but they couldn't repeat a championship. A bunch of things went sour for those teams to come up short. I can't blame it all on Wentz.

The article said that he was unhappy with the success of the 2017 team in the post-season, though. So that's the only issue that I'm calling selfish and petty. 

Sometime before the championship game, Wentz voiced his displeasure with the Eagles’ success to a group of other injured players...

https://www.phillyvoice.com/carson-wentz-eagles-super-bowl-issues-colts-nfl/

If he used it as motivation, that's great. That's what I'd want. If he was displeased with the team having success just because he wasn't playing (or for any reason), that's not acceptable. 

It's ok for him to be displeased with any success that the Eagles have after the 2020 season, I'd kind of expect him to want to see the Eagles fail. I'd understand that. But not while he's a member of the team. Someone who's supposed to be the face of the team and the leader of the team. 

• Like 3

On 3/11/2022 at 1:13 PM, toolg said:

I don't think he was truly butthurt until he got benched for Hurts. Once that happened, he really did quit on the team.  I know it wasn't fun watching Foles win games in the playoffs twice, and getting hurt in your first playoff game. But he at least said all the right things after all that happened. He did not once he was benched.

I honestly wish Wentz good luck, as I've never hated the guy, but I hope we embarrass him twice a year during his time in Washington.

20 hours ago, MF POON said:

I don't think he was truly butthurt until he got benched for Hurts. Once that happened, he really did quit on the team.  I know it wasn't fun watching Foles win games in the playoffs twice, and getting hurt in your first playoff game. But he at least said all the right things after all that happened. He did not once he was benched.

I honestly wish Wentz good luck, as I've never hated the guy, but I hope we embarrass him twice a year during his time in Washington.

Publicly.

It came out that he was complaining about the eagles success in 2017 after he went down to other injured players.  Allegedly, of course.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paco said:

Publicly.

It came out that he was complaining about the eagles success in 2017 after he went down to other injured players.  Allegedly, of course.

It's funny how everything negative about him is allegedly and from anonymous sources and every public comment from him and people willing to put their name to it is positive........

5 minutes ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

It's funny how everything negative about him is allegedly and from anonymous sources and every public comment from him and people willing to put their name to it is positive........

Well yeah.  Players RARELY go public with their beef.  Unless you are THE star its career suicide, or at least a one way ticket out of town.  This isn't some anomaly 

Ask yourself this: Why was Indy so quick to get rid of him?  Why did Frank Reich apologize to Irsay for sticking his neck out for Wentz?  Why did the exact same reports of him being both uncoachable and just a jerk in the locker room come out Indy's locker room?

25 minutes ago, paco said:

Well yeah.  Players RARELY go public with their beef.  Unless you are THE star its career suicide, or at least a one way ticket out of town.  This isn't some anomaly 

Ask yourself this: Why was Indy so quick to get rid of him?  Why did Frank Reich apologize to Irsay for sticking his neck out for Wentz?  Why did the exact same reports of him being both uncoachable and just a jerk in the locker room come out Indy's locker room?

Irsay has a beef with Wentz for not getting vaxed. Reich apologized because he's on thin ice too. Those reports are put out by the club to make it look like he was a problem and to cover for the owners personal beef. Notice how all those came out after he was traded. Now there GM is left cleaning up the owners mess from his tantrum. Don't you think someone would have put themselves out there by now if any of that locker room garbage was indeed true? Come on man. Carson may not be the greatest player but he's definitely not a bad team mate or problem in the locker room!

22 hours ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

Irsay has a beef with Wentz for not getting vaxed. Reich apologized because he's on thin ice too. Those reports are put out by the club to make it look like he was a problem and to cover for the owners personal beef. Notice how all those came out after he was traded. Now there GM is left cleaning up the owners mess from his tantrum. Don't you think someone would have put themselves out there by now if any of that locker room garbage was indeed true? Come on man. Carson may not be the greatest player but he's definitely not a bad team mate or problem in the locker room!

Look, I'm trying to be pragmatic here.  I wanted Carson to succeed here as much as the next loser.  We even had a little Carson "doll" that we put on the entertainment center under the TV on game day for good luck.  Here I am in Miami in 2019 for the Dolphins road trip:

Spoiler

vpygdPS.jpg

He seemed like a good teammate.  When Alshon (allegedly) first started popping off, I dismissed it.  But the fact that it has been a constant with him and now in two cities, you have to take it into consideration.

• Like 1

I forgot to comment on one thing:

22 hours ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

Well, yeah.  Why would the Colts come out BEFORE they make a trade and say "Hey, this guy is not popular in the locker room and difficult in the QB room.  If you want him we will trade him"?

They want maximum value.  If it came out before they shoot themselves in the foot.  The fact it came out after the fact is not an indication that its false.