Carson what the F happened wentz

Bwestbrook36

4 hours ago, Jeep_man said:

Eagles wouldn't have won the Super bowl if Wentz didn't get injured, I feel.

What from his 2017 season makes you think that? Ignore 2018 and beyond. Only look at 2017.

4 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

What from his 2017 season makes you think that? Ignore 2018 and beyond. Only look at 2017.

Only a hypothesis and it is based on what Carson currently is. Having the advantage of knowing his performances from the seasons after 2017 is enough for me to make the call he never had the ability to win clutch games, which would have been the case I feel if Wentz was the QB in the playoffs 2017... 

• Like 1

I just read an article that the Redskins might take Carson. If they do they are making their team worse.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jeep_man said:

I think that's easier to say in hindsight because Wentz once appeared to be on a trajectory to join the group of QBs that won the Super Bowl in their second season: Kurt Warner, Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, and Russell Wilson. However it's hard to predict how a young QB would fare in his first taste of playoff action. Nick Foles already had experienced the 2013 Wild Card loss against the Saints as prior playoff experience before the Super Bowl run.

6 hours ago, Jeep_man said:

Only a hypothesis and it is based on what Carson currently is. Having the advantage of knowing his performances from the seasons after 2017 is enough for me to make the call he never had the ability to win clutch games, which would have been the case I feel if Wentz was the QB in the playoffs 2017... 

But you have to alter reality to put him in that post-season. He is what he is right now, and he was what he became after 2017 because of many things, of course but let's narrow it down to two major things. The blown out knee and Saint Nick winning it all and becoming the hero of Philadelphia for all eternity. After those two things happened, Carson wasn't the same as he was before. 

So to judge hypothetical "2017 post-season Carson Wentz", you have to take those two big things away. He never had the knee injury and Nick never played in the 2017 post-season. 

In many ways, Carson was having a career season in 2017 and by all rights, should have been league MVP. Even with the injury ending his season early. So set 2018 and beyond, aside. Don't use that to judge 2017 Wentz. I think we still win, maybe by an even bigger margin. 

Don't get me wrong, if I had the power to go back and make it so that Carson doesn't try to run for the TD in the Rams game so that he'd not blow out his knee, I'd decline the opportunity. Not because I think we'd lose LII, but because I absolutely love the way it played out with Nick and I wouldn't want it to happen any other way. I wouldn't change a single thing about how it played out. I just think that we win it regardless of whether it's Nick or Carson taking the snaps. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

But you have to alter reality to put him in that post-season. He is what he is right now, and he was what he became after 2017 because of many things, of course but let's narrow it down to two major things. The blown out knee and Saint Nick winning it all and becoming the hero of Philadelphia for all eternity. After those two things happened, Carson wasn't the same as he was before. 

So to judge hypothetical "2017 post-season Carson Wentz", you have to take those two big things away. He never had the knee injury and Nick never played in the 2017 post-season. 

In many ways, Carson was having a career season in 2017 and by all rights, should have been league MVP. Even with the injury ending his season early. So set 2018 and beyond, aside. Don't use that to judge 2017 Wentz. I think we still win, maybe by an even bigger margin. 

Don't get me wrong, if I had the power to go back and make it so that Carson doesn't try to run for the TD in the Rams game so that he'd not blow out his knee, I'd decline the opportunity. Not because I think we'd lose LII, but because I absolutely love the way it played out with Nick and I wouldn't want it to happen any other way. I wouldn't change a single thing about how it played out. I just think that we win it regardless of whether it's Nick or Carson taking the snaps. 

Carson was having an amazing year in 2017, not taking anything away from him. However that Seattle game got me insecure, Hawks have had our number over the previous years and I was really looking forward to beating them. No one gave the Seahawks a chance in that 2017 game vs the Eagles, however Carson did not show up and Eagles lost. I feel, he wouldn't have been able to beat out Tom Brady had the Eagles made it to the Superbowl with Wentz.  

However I could be totally wrong and it may have turned out like what you are saying, we might have won with a bigger margin than with Foles, however Carson for me just doesn't have the clutch game ability...

I should have mentioned the Seahawks game in my earlier post, my bad....

5 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

I think that's easier to say in hindsight because Wentz once appeared to be on a trajectory to join the group of QBs that won the Super Bowl in their second season: Kurt Warner, Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, and Russell Wilson. However it's hard to predict how a young QB would fare in his first taste of playoff action. Nick Foles already had experienced the 2013 Wild Card loss against the Saints as prior playoff experience before the Super Bowl run.

Foles at his peak is all time great and almost unbeatable, however Eagles wont get to the Superbowl if Foles was starting the season instead of Carson. Lots of Ifs and buts, I guess we will never know what Carson would have done in the Playoffs..

I just glad I got to see a Superbowl trophy in the nest, I will take that to my grave.......

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jeep_man said:

I should have mentioned the Seahawks game in my earlier post, my bad....

I tend to let losses fade from my mind, so I don't remember too many specifics, though I do remember a few details and some things tend to stick in my mind making me think that there were some bad or missed calls that influenced that game. But I could be thinking of some other game vs. them. 

But looking at his stats for that game, he didn't have a horrible game. 64% passing and almost 350 yards. He threw an INT and I seem to remember a goal line fumble. But I don't really remember the sentiment being that Wentz was the cause of that loss, but I could have just pushed all of that out of my mind in favor of better memories from 2017. I honestly couldn't even remember that we played the Seahawks that year, until you just mentioned it. The only real loss that I could remember was the Chiefs game. I remembered the final game of the season, but that's not a 'real' loss. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I tend to let losses fade from my mind, so I don't remember too many specifics, though I do remember a few details and some things tend to stick in my mind making me think that there were some bad or missed calls that influenced that game. But I could be thinking of some other game vs. them. 

But looking at his stats for that game, he didn't have a horrible game. 64% passing and almost 350 yards. He threw an INT and I seem to remember a goal line fumble. But I don't really remember the sentiment being that Wentz was the cause of that loss, but I could have just pushed all of that out of my mind in favor of better memories from 2017. I honestly couldn't even remember that we played the Seahawks that year, until you just mentioned it. The only real loss that I could remember was the Chiefs game. I remembered the final game of the season, but that's not a 'real' loss. 

I feel as though that was the game that Wilson was just running around throwing up prayers all game and kept converting on them. 

On 2/28/2022 at 6:14 AM, Jeep_man said:

When do you think Eagles would have lost?

2 hours ago, gameshowfan91 said:

Falcons game lol.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, gameshowfan91 said:

Atlanta, if not Atlanta then NE

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I feel as though that was the game that Wilson was just running around throwing up prayers all game and kept converting on them

Doesn't he do that in all the games he plays against us 😂

11 minutes ago, Jeep_man said:

Doesn't he do that in all the games he plays against us 😂

Pretty much yes lol. I feel as though that one was really bad lol

• Like 1

On 2/28/2022 at 9:14 AM, Jeep_man said:

We can break it down:

Healthy Wentz is definitely the #1 NFC seed

He plays better than Nick did in that 15-10 win over the Falcons

He doesn’t need a lot to overcome the Vikings in that 38-7 blowout

so it’s just a matter of how likely it is he does what Nick did in the Super Bowl. Wentz did have an awesome year and would have been MVP, so it’s plausible he light up the Pats, but not as likely.

Calling all Wentz Whackers...

Carson Wentz was reportedly upset Eagles had success in his absence during Super Bowl run

While Carson Wentz put on a happy face in front of the cameras as Nick Foles and the Philadelphia Eagles won the franchise's first Super Bowl title in his absence in 2017, things apparently weren't as smooth behind the scenes.

In a story that's never been shared before, Jeff McLane of The Philadelphia Inquirer details an incident where Wentz and a teammate got into a confrontation after he acknowledged that he wasn't thrilled that the team continued to have success after he tore his ACL in Week 14:

"Sometime before the championship game, Wentz voiced his displeasure with the Eagles’ success to a group of other injured players, sources with direct knowledge of the incident said. One of the players immediately confronted him and the two eventually had to be separated."

We'll probably never know the identity of the player who is said to have "confronted" Wentz, but Jason Peters, Darren Sproles, Caleb Sturgis, Jordan Hicks and Chris Maragos were among those who, like him, had suffered season-ending injuries throughout the course of the 2017 regular season.

There's no doubt that it would burn to be the front-runner for NFL MVP on the team with the best record in the NFL, only to have a season-ending injury and see the team go on a Super Bowl run without you. It's probably a natural feeling for a quarterback not to be especially giddy about the idea of another player leading his team to a championship. But to verbalize that in a team environment certainly seems selfish.

After the Eagles defeated the New England Patriots 41-33 in Super Bowl LII, Wentz seemingly forced himself into the story as he tried to comprehend the fact that it was Foles who won Super Bowl MVP and delivered a championship to Philadelphia

Again, this is a natural thing for an athlete to think. But saying it as his teammates celebrated the biggest win of their lives almost certainly rubbed some the wrong way.

https://www.audacy.com/94wip/sports/eagles/details-emerge-on-carson-wentzs-mindset-during-sb-run?fbclid=IwAR3YKIVYbBBXMNWS-zRayoGUBaFezsN7qQ71FYkWv8nI3vLCaj3AdjROVTI

I hope that Gio kid doesn’t start wearing a Redskins jersey

• Like 1

Im surprised Washington would make this move when Heineke was a good cheap option. Oh well, at least now we will see the best two games out of the Eagles against Washington. 

Time to run little b|tch baby out of the league.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Calling all Wentz Whackers...

What did he want the team to do? Fail in his absence on purpose?

• Like 2

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

What did he want the team to do? Fail in his absence on purpose?

That would totally fit the bill of his arrogant, entitled, me-first attitude.

• Like 2

In a million years I never imagined the Eagles would be catching passes from him again….

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

I thought the Commanders would be dumb enough to trade for Crappupalot.  They are even dumber than that!