Official WWE/AEW Thread

BDawk_ASamuel

With Vince out of the picture,  does it open the door for past wrestlers to return or even put in the HoF? If so, who? He had beef with a ton of people

On 2/24/2024 at 5:33 PM, Captain F said:

With Vince out of the picture,  does it open the door for past wrestlers to return or even put in the HoF? If so, who? He had beef with a ton of people

Demolition 

Miss Elizabeth 

Lex Luger 

Sid Vicious/Justice 

• Like 1

I wonder if Owen Hart gets in now that Vince is gone.  I know it was offered before but his family turned it down

On 2/19/2024 at 3:24 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think Rock is going to end up turning on Reigns. They were building that story up (albeit for a very brief time) and then they decided to go with the Cody story. Makes no sense to bring Rock back and have him in the corner of Reigns for Reigns to then lose after all this time. So either Rock ends up turning or he does something that sees Reigns lose and Reigns blames him and turns on him. 

Hope you guys are right. I think it's a tease to get people's hopes up that it might happen. I see another RR win, and us revisiting the same conversation next year. 

2 hours ago, Captain F said:

I wonder if Owen Hart gets in now that Vince is gone.  I know it was offered before but his family turned it down

That'd be nice. Vince is a serious piece of crap human being. I can't blame Owen's family. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Demolition 

Miss Elizabeth 

Lex Luger 

Sid Vicious/Justice 

Chyna

14 hours ago, Godfather said:

Chyna

That's Stephanie and Paul

3 minutes ago, Gannan said:

That's Stephanie and Paul

Yes. Hopefully the Rock puts her in. She 100% desreves/earned

• Like 1

RIP Ole Anderson 

For you young wippersnappers he's an OG 4 Horseman

RIP Virgil. 

Tough day in wrestling 

Perfect choice for Philly 

• 4 weeks later...

This past Monday night RAW was the best one I have seen in at least 10 years.  

• Like 1

so who's going to mania in philly this weekend?  :excited:

Heyman just F bombed the ish out of his hof speech.  Lmao

On 4/2/2024 at 10:13 AM, mr_hunt said:

so who's going to mania in philly this weekend?  :excited:

I watched it on tv when I got home last night and was able to catch about half of it. For some reason, the live stream doesn't let you start from the beginning like virtually every other platform that streams live events does. 

Spoiler

The Sammy Zahn V. Gunter match was the match of the night from what I saw. Sure the story was not even trying to hide ripping off Rocky 3, but it was still a great match.

The main event was good but predictable. Props to the rock for being in such great shape and being able to do it in his 50's. The fact that Cody lost would make it an even better story if he somehow wins tonight. I still think he probably won't though. Roman will probably win, and maybe defend it once over the next year until he's back in the main event at next year's wrestlemania. The WWE has done a much better job with characters and stories the last few years with the glaring exception of having a less than part time champion who puts on the exact same match the 2-3 times a year he actually performs. 

I watched it since it was on Peacock. It's the first Wrestlemania I've watched in probably 23 years.

When did they start with the ads around the ring and the commercials during Wrestlemania? 

Was that happening before Vince left? 

It made it look tacky and it felt like a glorified episode of Raw 

10 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

I watched it since it was on Peacock. It's the first Wrestlemania I've watched in probably 23 years.

When did they start with the ads around the ring and the commercials during Wrestlemania? 

Was that happening before Vince left? 

It made it look tacky and it felt like a glorified episode of Raw 

They just started with the Ads a few weeks ago when TKO took over ownership. 

The most chaotic, over booked WM ever.  And it was awesome.  

• Like 3

The last 10 minutes of that match was just incredible. Roman hitting Seth with the chair instead of Cody because he was still scarred and scorned from what Rollins did 10 years ago and it ended up costing him the match and his title. Rollins always had the edge over Reigns and he did it again costing him. Rollins is the mastermind and the architect and really the only person who wrecked Reigns mentally. That’s long term booking at its finest. I thought Seth should have always been the one to de-throne Roman, but that was just as good. 

I’m curious why Austin didn’t show. That slot with Taker was tailor made for a glass-shattering entrance for him to take The Rock out one last time instead. That was probably my only issue with the match. 

• Like 2

You can't really **** about The Undertaker but it would have been a million times better if it was Stone Cold. 

That probably would have been the loudest pop in WWE history. 

3 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

You can't really **** about The Undertaker but it would have been a million times better if it was Stone Cold. 

Initial reaction is… Build up and storyline were really good. Rock going heel was a cool change up. I don’t watch wwe anymore but have seen the clips on social media and it seemed good. 

But the end result? And the way it all went down? Messy I’d say. Why was Taker involved? There was no reason or logic to that other than it was cool.

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Initial reaction is… Build up and storyline were really good. Rock going heel was a cool change up. I don’t watch wwe anymore but have seen the clips on social media and it seemed good. 

But the end result? And the way it all went down? Messy I’d say. Why was Taker involved? There was no reason or logic to that other than it was cool.

It was the WWE and it's legends bringing the bloodline to an end.  The bloodline had taken over the WWE sine the pandemic.  A new start with HHH running the show.  A return to WWE. 

8 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Agreed