Official WWE/AEW Thread

BDawk_ASamuel

We got a deal to subscribe to Peacock for $2 a month for a year. Last night was the first time I’ve watching a live wrestling PPV in forever. I was flipping through and saw they were doing "War Games” for Survivor Series. I thought the matches were pretty solid. I’m not the biggest fan of this new generation of wrestlers (and Ronda Rousy is F’n terrible) but I was thoroughly entertained. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I haven’t seen anything official on this yet but it’s been the big rumor tonight. This would be insane. 

I mean.. Saudi PIF owns a buch of US companies, so I don't know how much will really change. It will be interesting to see what talent leaves if that does happen and what happens to the women's division...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Man, major props to Dominik Mysterio for staying in character during Rey’s HOF retirement speech. That had to be brutal to act like that during your dad’s induction. I think it makes for excellent television how they played it out, but I wish they could have waited a year to induct Rey so Dominik could have actually enjoyed the moment with his dad on screen. They probably had their moment off screen & I’m sure Rey approved of the spot there. I guess maybe I feel a certain way about it, the custody battle against Eddie was a storyline I really tuned into so I’ve known about Dominik for years & Rey is in my top 5 all time. 

• Like 1

I thought overall WrestleMania was a really good show. Night one definitely was the better card compared to night two and I had a feeling it was going to be hard for them to top that last night. A lot of people are complaining about Cody not going over, and I understand why, but Reigns has been a justified champion and is must-watch TV when he's on the screen from a character and storyline standpoint. It really is an all-time run and you can tell they want to get him to that 1,000 day reign. That's a hard arc to move on from, so I get it. But at the same time, if they were ever going to have a face champion have a moment, there was no better time to do that with Cody last night. I know it most likely eventually ends with Cody getting his moment at Summerslam or in the future, but that was a hard one to not have it be his time last night given the build-up and how over he was going into that match. I don't know if they can drag this out for another year with the payoff being at Mania 40. 

If I had to rank my favorite matches it would go: 

1. Usos vs. Sami/KO

2. Charlotte vs. Ripley

3. Gunther vs. Sheamus vs. McIntyre

4. Rey vs. Dom

5. Reigns vs. Cody 

2 hours ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

I thought overall WrestleMania was a really good show. Night one definitely was the better card compared to night two and I had a feeling it was going to be hard for them to top that last night. A lot of people are complaining about Cody not going over, and I understand why, but Reigns has been a justified champion and is must-watch TV when he's on the screen from a character and storyline standpoint. It really is an all-time run and you can tell they want to get him to that 1,000 day reign. That's a hard arc to move on from, so I get it. But at the same time, if they were ever going to have a face champion have a moment, there was no better time to do that with Cody last night. I know it most likely eventually ends with Cody getting his moment at Summerslam or in the future, but that was a hard one to not have it be his time last night given the build-up and how over he was going into that match. I don't know if they can drag this out for another year with the payoff being at Mania 40. 

If I had to rank my favorite matches it would go: 

1. Usos vs. Sami/KO

2. Charlotte vs. Ripley

3. Gunther vs. Sheamus vs. McIntyre

4. Rey vs. Dom

5. Reigns vs. Cody 

I agree, but the end of the main event was laaaaaaame. How many times does Reigns win via a Somoan Spike from Solo, or a kick from one of the Usos? It's been played. If they want to keep RR as champ fine, but the match deserved a more creative ending. My favs were

1. Charlotte vs. Ripley

2. Usos vs. Sami/KO

3. Brood Edge vs. The Demon

Edged coming out as "Brood Edge" to Slayer was one of the coolest Wrestlemania moments ever. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gannan said:

I agree, but the end of the main event was laaaaaaame. How many times does Reigns win via a Somoan Spike from Solo, or a kick from one of the Usos? It's been played. If they want to keep RR as champ fine, but the match deserved a more creative ending. My favs were

1. Charlotte vs. Ripley

2. Usos vs. Sami/KO

3. Brood Edge vs. The Demon

Edged coming out as "Brood Edge" to Slayer was one of the coolest Wrestlemania moments ever. 

Yeah, I just feel like they were never going to have a clean finish with the Bloodline story and how involved Solo was in the build-up. I thought Orton was going to return and either cost or help Cody with their Legacy history depending if they want Orton to be back as a face or heel. I thought him costing Cody the match and then having those two feud up until Summerslam would have been a good direction to go. 

Edge entrance was cool but I wish they used the original Brood theme song. Balor caught a nasty gash from the ladder toss:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2023 at 5:38 PM, iladelphxx said:

That dude had a heart of gold. The guy had a positive attitude about everything. Even talked D'Lo out of quitting after he caused the accident.

• 1 month later...

HHH Just announced that Bray Wyatt passed away unexpectedly today at age 36. Wtf

1 minute ago, iladelphxx said:

I wonder if that's true

13 hours ago, Captain F said:

I wonder if that's true

If he had a preexisting heart condition, it wouldn't surprise me. Covid really messes with your BP. Mine went to 180 over 120 my first day of covid. I had to go on the paxlovid to lower it. If he had a heart condition and wasnt monitoring his vitals and didn't contact his cardiologist, it's definitely a possibility. 

16 minutes ago, Gannan said:

If he had a preexisting heart condition, it wouldn't surprise me. Covid really messes with your BP. Mine went to 180 over 120 my first day of covid. I had to go on the paxlovid to lower it. If he had a heart condition and wasnt monitoring his vitals and didn't contact his cardiologist, it's definitely a possibility. 

Awful.  Way too young.