Official WWE/AEW Thread

BDawk_ASamuel

11 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

I was afraid that his death would turn out to be preventable. So hard for his wife and kids. 

2 hours ago, Gannan said:

I was afraid that his death would turn out to be preventable. So hard for his wife and kids. 

Probably had ventricular tachycardia or something like that and was waiting for an internal defibrillator/pace maker to be implanted 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

lame.

wwe made edge. 

Yeah, but they really didn't want to do anything with him anymore. I think he wants to make the most of the few years he has left. 

Just now, Gannan said:

Yeah, but they really didn't want to do anything with him anymore. I think he wants to make the most of the few years he has left. 

i suppose. 

i can't blame the guy for wanting to make some $$$...i just find aew unwatchable so i hate to see him tarnish his legacy there. oh well. 

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

i suppose. 

i can't blame the guy for wanting to make some $$$...i just find aew unwatchable so i hate to see him tarnish his legacy there. oh well. 

I agree that AEW is unwatchable. It's like the worst of WCW. The production values are terrible, most of the wrestlers are bad, the writing is comically bad. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I tried watching AEW, good lawd its horrible. Edge, Christian, and Toni Storm were the only ones on the show that came off as real professionals. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/11/2023 at 8:38 AM, Gannan said:

I tried watching AEW, good lawd its horrible. Edge, Christian, and Toni Storm were the only ones on the show that came off as real professionals. 

It's becoming 2010s TNA. 

For some reason YouTube and Facebook's algorithms now have me getting a bunch of wrestling posts and video suggestions in my feeds, so I've been following news, watching clips, without actually watching the TV shows.

Having not watched any TV or PPV's in over 20 years, here's my take on everything as an outsider:

AEW seems to be more of a Super Indy promotion geared towards hardcore wrestling geeks who follow Indy and Japanese wrestling.   I have no idea who most of these people are, and I think very few of them would even make it in WWE.  (Outside of the established stars who made a name for themselves already.)

WWE is still WWE.   Good and bad.   I think the brand split hurt the company and that they have too many belts.   I also think it is obvious what is going to happen over the next few months:   LA Knight is eventually going to become the new face of the company and they're going to turn that new Smackdown GM into the new Mr McMahon character.   I think he's going to wind up feuding with Logan Paul for the US Title, because - quite frankly, no one gives a crap about that belt and it needs to be elevated.  The GM (who apparently was a really good wrestler in Impact or something) will start kissing Paul's ass and will try to "protect the brand" and LA Knight will serve as the thorn in their side.    It's basically going to be a repeat of how Austin feuded with The Rock after losing the WWE title match to Brett Heart.   Someone like Cody Rhoades will go on to retire Roman Reigns, then that champ will turn heel and join the "Corporate" faction with LA Knight ultimately winning the belt at Summer Slam or next year's WrestleMania.  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

AEW really screwed this one up 

He is a d-bag and a pain in the ass. He'll create some backstage issues and probably be gone within 6 months

• Like 1

Survivor Series was pretty good. All the matches were solid. They only had 5 of them, so each one was really able to showcase the talents of the wrestlers. Excited for Orton's return. CM Punk, not so much. Hopefully he's learned from his past mistakes. 

• Like 1

On 11/26/2023 at 4:14 AM, Mat said:

He is a d-bag and a pain in the ass. He'll create some backstage issues and probably be gone within 6 months

He'll suffer some sort of injury before that can happen

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

monday night raw moving to netflix starting in jan 2025.

On 1/23/2024 at 1:14 PM, mr_hunt said:

monday night raw moving to netflix starting in jan 2025.

I wonder if the rating will change back to something more pg13 or M