Are the Foreskins still an NFL team?

wtfcares

On 4/23/2020 at 11:04 AM, Alpha_TATEr said:

the foreskins are an awesome organization that provides countless eagles fans with a second home stadium to go see their team at.

You speak the truth.  There are MANY Eagles fans based in the DC area who love seeing the guys in green during their annual visit to DC.  I've seen the Eagles/Redskins matchup at FedEx Field each of the last 9 seasons!

18 hours ago, CHIP72 said:

You speak the truth.  There are MANY Eagles fans based in the DC area who love seeing the guys in green during their annual visit to DC.  I've seen the Eagles/Redskins matchup at FedEx Field each of the last 9 seasons!

Accurate!  Lots of us down here in Prince William County, VA.  There actually may be more Eagle fans in my neighborhood than Redskins fans.  Then again, the Redskins play their home games about 50 miles away from here...

I guess its better than the usual

DZsP.gif

13 minutes ago, paco said:

I guess its better than the usual

DZsP.gif

They can't even do bags right.

I'm totally picking the Skins as a major sleeper team in 2020.  Take a look at the last 2 big surprise teams.  The Jags went from 3-13 to the AFC Championship in 2017.  The 49ers went from 4-12 to the Super Bowl.  What di they have in common?  The exact same formula the Skins got, a MONSTER DLine stacked with solid vets and multiple young breakout stars.

I don't care about the shaky Qb play, if Haskins can't cut it they will bring in Cam Newton.  They have the makings of a solid running game and a deep threat for the play action.  Ron Rivera is totally the type of guy who can finally bring some heart to this franchise.  I got the Skins going 10-6 and being our primary challenger in the division.

1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

I'm totally picking the Skins as a major sleeper team in 2020.  Take a look at the last 2 big surprise teams.  The Jags went from 3-13 to the AFC Championship in 2017.  The 49ers went from 4-12 to the Super Bowl.  What di they have in common?  The exact same formula the Skins got, a MONSTER DLine stacked with solid vets and multiple young breakout stars.

I hope and pray you are wrong but yeah there's logic to that so who knows. 

I certainly think the R words have the potential to be a problem for us this year. And I think that week 1 game is going to be really tough. That DL is going to cause us problems. 

4 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I hope and pray you are wrong but yeah there's logic to that so who knows. 

I certainly think the R words have the potential to be a problem for us this year. And I think that week 1 game is going to be really tough. That DL is going to cause us problems. 

I worry about them because A.) we have no clue what to think of Dillard and B.) we don't have the stablished depth we usually have, though that might get picked up later.

This is going to be a team that will be too much to handle if your O-Line isn't tip top.

1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

They have the makings of a solid running game 

Elaborate

I think the Redskins are still a year or two away from making any noise. They have too many holes. The offensive line is a mess, losing Trent Williams leaves a big void. That'll ruin anything they try to do on offense. On D they look good up front, then what? Depth is a concern all over the roster. I think Rivera needs a year to clean house, then he will find his guys to build around.

Cam Newton reuniting with Rivera is an intriguing thought. But I think Rivera must decide if he can win with Haskins first.

8 minutes ago, paco said:

Elaborate

Barber, Peterson, Guice, Love.  They might not have a 1K back on the team but they sure got plenty of big time talent that can take turns getting hot in stretches.  Scherff and Moses are still a good 1-2 punch as long its run blocking.  Couple that with Rivera giving this team some attitude and they can run enough to cash in on a D that's killing people.

6 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Barber, Peterson, Guice, Love.  They might not have a 1K back on the team but they sure got plenty of big time talent that can take turns getting hot in stretches.  Scherff and Moses are still a good 1-2 punch as long its run blocking.  Couple that with Rivera giving this team some attitude and they can run enough to cash in on a D that's killing people.

I totally missed the Barber signing.  Changes my opnion slightly.

Love is coming back from an ACL tear.  Guice is always injured.   I wouldn't count on either.  Peterson is a freak but I dont see him topping 750 this year.  Gibson will be the x factor, IMO.  If he can contribute, they'll be an average run team.

5 minutes ago, paco said:

I totally missed the Barber signing.  Changes my opnion slightly.

Love is coming back from an ACL tear.  Guice is always injured.   I wouldn't count on either.  Peterson is a freak but I dont see him topping 750 this year.  Gibson will be the x factor, IMO.  If he can contribute, they'll be an average run team.

Love is 2 years removed from that tear.  At some point you think Guice is due 5-6 healthy games.  Like I said no, 1K rusher, just a bunch of guys who can carry them for a month.

12 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Barber, Peterson, Guice, Love. 

Add one more: McKissic.

It's a nice RB room to have, sure, but it's going to be tough going if the line can't block in front of them.

4 hours ago, toolg said:

I think the Redskins are still a year or two away from making any noise. They have too many holes. The offensive line is a mess, losing Trent Williams leaves a big void. That'll ruin anything they try to do on offense. On D they look good up front, then what? Depth is a concern all over the roster. I think Rivera needs a year to clean house, then he will find his guys to build around.

Cam Newton reuniting with Rivera is an intriguing thought. But I think Rivera must decide if he can win with Haskins first.

They got some interesting interior guys in the draft.  G's and C's are pretty easy to get starting as rookies.  I'm not saying they are going to steamroll people, just run the ball enough.  they have a massive hole at LT, but if you are running the ball and playing D you can hide that.

• 1 month later...

What the hell is with the love fest for Rivera?? Dude has 3 winning seasons out of 9. Mostly with stacked defenses and a solid run game with Cam Newton in his younger years and prime. He is gonna suck just like all the other Redskins coaches before him

Pretty much.

But its fun to watch every shiny new trinket trigger their "It's gonna be different this time" reflex :lol:   In fact, if you go over to ES, they have this banner up:

357776370_ScreenShot2020-05-17at3_45_45P

And this image to the right of it:

large.Rivera11.jpg.e38ef01ed7426c242486a

:roll::roll::roll:

Still can't believe Rivera went to that dumpster fire organization. Thought he was smarter than that. 

Over/Under number of seasons it takes for Rivera to get sick and tired of Danny Boy's meddling: 1.5

16 hours ago, Dawkins 20 said:

Over/Under number of seasons it takes for Rivera to get sick and tired of Danny Boy's meddling: 1.5

Think he will Spurrier it?  Call little Danny from the golf course to tell him "F this, I quit"  :lol: 

26 minutes ago, paco said:

Think he will Spurrier it?  Call little Danny from the golf course to tell him "F this, I quit"  :lol: 

I feel like Rivera is a middle of the road coach that isn't an overwhelming threat to the Eagles, but I really hope it goes down like that. Anything to piss Danny Boy off. 

11 hours ago, paco said:

I don't think he would do that.  He's definitely a company man based on what I know about him in Carolina.  Jerry Richardson may have been a worse owner than Dan Snyder (that's weird to say, but he might have been the biggest POS in the league), and Rivera just towed the company line and did no wrong.  He's not a good x's and o's guy, but he's a decent head coach.  Doesn't matter.  Foreskins gonna foreskin.  

Archived