The official Hurts/Minshew/Stinnett/Strong/EJ Perry containment thread

jsb235

7 hours ago, nipples said:

Huh? I don’t recall ANYONE saying he should be cut. In fact, I almost thought he was being overhyped by many. Obviously with what we know now, the hype was warranted. 

But no, I don’t remember seeing anyone being down on him. 

In camp one or two years ago he was struggling according to reports and some people were jumping ship fast

On 8/27/2022 at 8:30 PM, time2rock said:

1 star thread

Waiting now for the "Start Book” thread and "Book Era” to emerge as a new poster.

22 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Waiting now for the "Start Book” thread and "Book Era” to emerge as a new poster.

I'm thinking I go with a #10 Minshew avatar next.

What number is Book?

This should be an official close thread. No competition, and most of these great hypes are gone or never played to begin with. Everyone knows their roles so the whinebergs can focus on the season now.

Book is less qualified than any of the released QBs. Cheap PS player. If they ever need a third string qb to step up, they'll need to sign somebody off the street. 

2 hours ago, CouchKing said:

Sinnett released from practice squad. Yikes.

Bring back Carson Strong!!!

They must like what they've seen from Book so far. 

On 9/7/2022 at 5:52 PM, brkmsn said:

They must like what they've seen from Book so far. 

Or they know that Book poses no threat to your man ..... which is why he's here.

7 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

Or they know that Book poses no threat to your man ..... which is why he's here.

I'm sure the last thing they want to do is have a better QB on the roster regardless of who the starter is. I thought you were trying to avoid tinfoil hat territory.

3 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I'm sure the last thing they want to do is have a better QB on the roster regardless of who the starter is. I thought you were trying to avoid tinfoil hat territory.

Ian Book = 2022's Josh McCown? Yes Book is younger than McCown was in 2019 but with McCown there was no chance of QB controversy. A QB controversy between Hurts and Book seems equally unlikely. Maybe the Eagles like it like that.

6 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

Ian Book = 2022's Josh McCown? Yes Book is younger than McCown was in 2019 but with McCown there was no chance of QB controversy. A QB controversy between Hurts and Book seems equally unlikely. Maybe the Eagles like it like that.

Maybe... but maybe there just weren't better players available that they felt were an upgrade over Sinnett. They put in a claim for Mond, but didn't get him. Let me know if there were some better QBs available, playing on rookie contracts, that would have actually challenged Hurts for playing time. 

1 minute ago, brkmsn said:

Maybe... but maybe there just weren't better players available that they felt were an upgrade over Sinnett. They put in a claim for Mond, but didn't get him. Let me know if there were some better QBs available, playing on rookie contracts, that would have actually challenged Hurts for playing time. 

I don't know if there were more competitive choices available or not. Maybe they don't want competitive. If Hurts is lost for the season they can look for a better player off a practice squad or something.

1 minute ago, eglz1 said:

I don't know if there were more competitive choices available or not. Maybe they don't want competitive. If Hurts is lost for the season they can look for a better player off a practice squad or something.

I just don't think there's any conspiracy to the signing. I believe the Eagles believe in Jalen, but are keeping their options open in the event it doesn't work out. But assuming what they have been seeing in OTAs, TC, preseason (all 1 series), and at practice will translate into games this season, I think they are looking to find their future QB2 that won't have a significant cap impact for the next few years. Book projects as a nice fit in the offense built around Jalen. So it's worth evaluating in the event Hurts does prove to be the guy moving forward. 

I do think a tinfoil hat is required to think this was a move made to squelch any potential challenge to Hurts' job in 2022.

1 minute ago, brkmsn said:

I just don't think there's any conspiracy to the signing. I believe the Eagles believe in Jalen, but are keeping their options open in the event it doesn't work out. But assuming what they have been seeing in OTAs, TC, preseason (all 1 series), and at practice will translate into games this season, I think they are looking to find their future QB2 that won't have a significant cap impact for the next few years. Book projects as a nice fit in the offense built around Jalen. So it's worth evaluating in the event Hurts does prove to be the guy moving forward. 

I do think a tinfoil hat is required to think this was a move made to squelch any potential challenge to Hurts' job in 2022.

Think what you wish. it's a free country.

27 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

Book is a nod to "The Quarterback Factory.”   The Eagles always seem to have a young guy at the bottom of the roster they’re trying to develop.

The problem is they rarely do.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye said:

Book is a nod to "The Quarterback Factory.”   The Eagles always seem to have a young guy at the bottom of the roster they’re trying to develop.

The problem is they rarely do.

I know next to nothing about Book. I did think he read the book "How to play successful Quarterback". Maybe the Eagles are hoping some of that knowledge will rub off on QB1.

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

1 hour ago, eglz1 said:

Think what you wish. it's a free country.

No conspiracies here, fellas.  This team is dedicated to Hurts as the starter for this season - not sure how anyone can think otherwise at this point.  If Hurts gets injured then Minshew starts - it really is that simple.  And thinking that this team would EVER intentionally sign a player "not to compete" is utter nonsense.  It truly is.  

They liked Mond and Book more than Sinnett.

Looked like they gave Sinnett every chance to succeed.

Don’t know what happened with Carson Strong, but they liked Sinnett more.

That’s how Book became the prettiest ugly girl at the dance.

Gonna be a day, one day, don’t know when, where we start thinking, maybe, perhaps…

we could win with Ian Book at QB.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CouchKing said:

Will Ian Book dress for the game?

He’s probably our best QB.

Sorry to disappoint you, but clothing is required on the sidelines. You may have to wait for a Sports Illustrated Body issue.