The official Hurts/Minshew/Stinnett/Strong/EJ Perry containment thread

jsb235

16 hours ago, KDUB1510 said:

How does IR'ing him help anyone if he isnt allowed to practice? If he's truly terrible, just cut him. Not like it'll come back to haunt us. I just refuse to believe he went from impressing Sirianni with his "preparation", "knowing where to go with the football" & his "big arm" at rookie camp to being a completely confused bum who cant even get any reps and spends most of his time "observing" as Chris Franklin put it. Hopefully we get a better idea on sunday. 

You are getting caught up in a game that some on here love to play annually.  The Philly media is jam full of idiots, just like most of us on here, except that they get paid to drum up controversy (clicks).  There was zero need to insert him last week.  The "can Sinnett make Minshew tradeable?" question was the bigger need.  Strong needs to observe and learn.  He will be on the field soon and we can all make up our own mind.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

You are getting caught up in a game that some on here love to play annually.  The Philly media is jam full of idiots, just like most of us on here, except that they get paid to drum up controversy (clicks).  There was zero need to insert him last week.  The "can Sinnett make Minshew tradeable?" question was the bigger need.  Strong needs to observe and learn.  He will be on the field soon and we can all make up our own mind.

If I'm remembering correctly he didn't make the first down and that would of changed the whole preseason game narrative if we didn't get penalty yards. Glad he recovered and scored, but you aren't playing the undisciplined Jets all the time 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Yea im just going to let it play out. Im no QB guru and ive been wrong plenty of times before. I think Sinnett showed he's not ready to be QB2 but he has a few joint practices and 2 more preseason games to improve. It's just hard for me to believe Strong could be worse than what we saw from Reid on friday. I was actually too generous when i said Sinnett only mustered 10 yards of offense on his first 4 possessions. We went 3 plays for -1 yards, 3 plays for 7 yards, 3 plays for -15 yards & 3 plays for 9 yards for a grand total of 0 yards on FOUR possessions. Awful. These two plays resulted in sacks when guys were open over the middle/in the flat because Reid was either too scared to pull the trigger or simply has no field vision. One thing i dont think we'll have to worry about with Strong is being gun shy. Screenshot_20220816-182140_YouTube.thumb.jpg.7b76b33e358294b79c335f38ef26a51e.jpgScreenshot_20220816-182229_YouTube.thumb.jpg.92ed7ce1ba7ce1c33742c5a5e55cb5c5.jpg

• Like 4

I can think of reasons they wouldn't give him reps and none of them are good.

This guys whole Eagles career apparently rests on an average to decent preseason showing now. 
Not making this a QB competition thing but what a difference from the patience awarded to QBs like Hurts, Trubisky etc. I truly hope he isn’t so hopeless that he doesn’t get awarded the same patience. But then again if he does look this dire we might not have to worry about him being poached from the PS. 

The juxtaposition from rookie camp to now is very odd too. I know Siri is your typical rah rah cheerleader coach but I wouldn’t expect the same kind of lies about a QB he said about guys like JJAW 😂. But I guess that is Siri’s thing.

Cannot wait for Sunday to finally get to see *something* 

Much more importantly, I also want to see at least one more series from Hurts.

6 hours ago, jsb235 said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/eagles-training-camp-2022-day-14-few-dominant-performances

His reps are mentioned in this article. If you are expecting great play, prepare to be disappointed. 

Well, Hurts gets lots of reps and if anyone is expecting great play, prepare to be disappointed. I don't see how Strong improves if he doesn't get reps though.

44 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Well, Hurts gets lots of reps and if anyone is expecting great play, prepare to be disappointed. I don't see how Strong improves if he doesn't get reps though.

So "finally" he got reps with what i assume are the bottom of the depth chart receivers and he didnt look sharp. Well no $hit. You're not going to look sharp when you spend most of practice watching instead of doing. He may be pressing to impress in the few reps he gets. There's been days when Hurts hasn't looked sharp but he's throwing to the 1's and getting most of the reps so it's easier to balance out his performance than a guy who's only getting a few reps per practice. Strong has to make his reps count and he hasn't up to this point. Maybe he's a bad practice player but a gamer like Foles or maybe he's just bad. We'll get a better idea tomorrow. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Diehardfan said:

Well, Hurts gets lots of reps and if anyone is expecting great play, prepare to be disappointed.

I was actually pleased. 

Please explain your disappointment. 

3 hours ago, brkmsn said:

I was actually pleased. 

No disappointment, just concerns. Still moving to his right far too often

57 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

No disappointment, just concerns. Still moving to his right far too often

lol

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kwahu said:

This guys whole Eagles career apparently rests on an average to decent preseason showing now. 
Not making this a QB competition thing but what a difference from the patience awarded to QBs like Hurts, Trubisky etc. I truly hope he isn’t so hopeless that he doesn’t get awarded the same patience. But then again if he does look this dire we might not have to worry about him being poached from the PS. 

The juxtaposition from rookie camp to now is very odd too. I know Siri is your typical rah rah cheerleader coach but I wouldn’t expect the same kind of lies about a QB he said about guys like JJAW 😂. But I guess that is Siri’s thing.

Cannot wait for Sunday to finally get to see *something* 

Much more importantly, I also want to see at least one more series from Hurts.

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

lol

The Strong hype on this board has been ridiculous. He’s an UDFA who has sucked with the opportunities he has been given. 

No UFFA QB has done anything in their first 2 years. 

I hope we can stash him on the PS, but let’s not be melodramatic about an underperforming UDFA.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, brkmsn said:

I was actually pleased. 

Lol he sucks a's a QB. He will start strong and people will be squirting and talking crap the first few weeks. Then he will face a good team and get smoked and exposed again. Teams will take his legs away like the Bucs, he will have to throw,  and they will be screwed. 

12 hours ago, brkmsn said:

lol

Don't believe me? This is a video of Hurts admitting his flaw to Nick otw home from Tampa

10 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

Lol he sucks a's a QB. He will start strong and people will be squirting and talking crap the first few weeks. Then he will face a good team and get smoked and exposed again. Teams will take his legs away like the Bucs, he will have to throw,  and they will be screwed. 

Which "good team" do you predict will do that first?

Week #   Date & Time Away Team   Home Team Location
Week 1 detroit lions 2022 philadelphia eagles schedule nfl Sunday, September 11
1:00PM ET
Philadelphia Eagles AT Detroit Lions Ford Field
Week 2 2022 philadelphia eagles schedule nfl Monday, September 19
8:30PM ET - (MNF)
Minnesota Vikings AT Philadelphia Eagles Lincoln
Financial Field
Week 3 washington 2022 philadelphia eagles schedule nfl Sunday, September 25
Philadelphia Eagles AT Washington Commanders FedEx Field
Week 4 jaguars 2022 philadelphia eagles schedule nfl Sunday, October 2
Jacksonville Jaguars AT Philadelphia Eagles Lincoln
Financial Field
Week 5 cardinals 2022 philadelphia eagles schedule nfl Sunday, October 9
4:25PM ET
Philadelphia Eagles AT Arizona Cardinals State Farm Stadium
Week 6 cowboys 2022 philadelphia eagles schedule nfl Sunday, October 16
8:20PM ET - (SNF)
Dallas Cowboys AT Philadelphia Eagles Lincoln
Financial Field
Week 7 BYE WEEK BYE WEEK BYE WEEK   BYE WEEK BYE WEEK
Week 8 steelers cowboys 2022 philadelphia eagles schedule nfl Sunday, October 30
Pittsburgh Steelers AT Philadelphia Eagles Lincoln
Financial Field
Week 9 texans  2022 philadelphia eagles schedule nfl Thursday, November 3
8:15PM ET
Philadelphia Eagles AT Houston Texans NRG Stadium
Week 10 washington 2022 philadelphia eagles schedule nfl Monday, November 14
8:15PM ET - (MNF)
Washington Commanders AT Philadelphia Eagles Lincoln
Financial Field
Week 11 colts 2022 philadelphia eagles schedule nfl Sunday, November 20
Philadelphia Eagles AT Indianapolis Colts Lucas Oil Stadium
Week 12 packers 2022 philadelphia eagles schedule nfl Sunday, November 27
8:20PM ET - (SNF)
Green Bay Packers AT Philadelphia Eagles Lincoln
Financial Field
Week 13 titans packers 2022 philadelphia eagles schedule nfl Sunday, December 4
Tennessee Titans AT Philadelphia Eagles Lincoln
Financial Field
Week 14 giants 2022 philadelphia eagles schedule nfl Sunday, December 11
Philadelphia Eagles AT New York Giants MetLife Stadium
Week 15 bears 2022 philadelphia eagles schedule nfl Sunday, December 18
Philadelphia Eagles AT Chicago Bears Soldier Field
Week 16 cowboys 2022 philadelphia eagles schedule nfl Saturday, December 24
4:25PM ET
Philadelphia Eagles AT Dallas Cowboys AT&T Stadium
Week 17 saints 2022 philadelphia eagles schedule nfl - saints Sunday, January 1
New Orleans Saints AT Philadelphia Eagles Lincoln
Financial Field
Week 18 giants 2022 philadelphia eagles schedule nfl Sun/Sat, January 7/8
TBD
New York Giants AT Philadelphia Eagles Lincoln
Financial Field

On 8/16/2022 at 2:43 PM, ManchesterEagle said:

Come on dude. Listen to yourself. 

Strong was not drafted. All 32 teams ignored him in the draft. There were clearly some real red flags about him. More than just injury history and lack of mobility.

No UDFA has contributed in a meaningful way in his first year after being signed. The reports about him are all negative, including from reporters who would love to drum up some controversy or create a QB competition. The Eagles are not giving him reps because he's not earnt them.

He will hopefully get an opportunity this week and I hope he plays well for the Eagles and for you.

I'm doubtful that Lurie/Roseman will permit a QB competition this year unless their pet looks really bad.

2 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

Don't believe me? This is a video of Hurts admitting his flaw to Nick otw home from Tampa

I'm sure it sucks to lose such a critical narrative to "the cause."

1 minute ago, brkmsn said:

I'm sure it sucks to lose such a critical narrative to "the cause."

practice-weainttalkinaboutthegame.gif

• Like 1

We will see what he looks like after Minnesota and Washington chase him around a little if continues to escape to the right constantly 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shalodeep said:

practice-weainttalkinaboutthegame.gif

IDK, what were you talking about when complaining about Hurts' training camp reps (including 7v7s)?

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

IDK, what were you talking about when complaining about Hurts' training camp reps (including 7v7s)?

When he runs on 7v7s? Shouldn't be doing that. My favorite part of your defense is you've ignored all the positive I've said about his progression so far, but you say I have an agenda. 

• Like 1

I mean people say Hurts runs it too much, but Strong is running the ball twice as much as passing it, That's not sustainable!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2