Cyberpunk 2077 -- December 10th

opengeo

18 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I haven't played a Gran Turismo probably since the first or second one. This one looks to amazing to not get back into it.

Plus I was younger the real life simulation wasn't appealing to a 20 year old lol

Agreed...I haven't played one since 2 or 3? But I played the F outta them back in college. Was fun to be able to buy my actual car in it, Toyota Supra, and deck it out, then race it.

IDK if we'll still be able to play with a 94 Supra, but I haven't played a racing game in years so I'm looking forward to it.

1 hour ago, jrsu37 said:

Agreed...I haven't played one since 2 or 3? But I played the F outta them back in college. Was fun to be able to buy my actual car in it, Toyota Supra, and deck it out, then race it.

IDK if we'll still be able to play with a 94 Supra, but I haven't played a racing game in years so I'm looking forward to it.

I'm sure the supra will be in there. 400 cars are already supposed to be available at launch. From videos I've watched I saw some really crappy cars that you can fix up 

Also you had the 94 Supra!? That thing would be worth a fortune right now!

Im excited that they have a used car market and you can buy old used cars and it's set to real time prices and everything. 

I'm not sure what I want to start with I guess it will depend on how much money they start you with to buy a car. 

:offtopic:

Anyone know where I can find an older CRT TV?  Been thinking of getting one.  Looked at all the thrift stores, salvation army, goodwill, etc.  Also checked the pawn stores and found one but it was way too huge.  

Any suggestions? 

52 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

:offtopic:

Anyone know where I can find an older CRT TV?  Been thinking of getting one.  Looked at all the thrift stores, salvation army, goodwill, etc.  Also checked the pawn stores and found one but it was way too huge.  

Any suggestions? 

Is it to play older consoles on? If so they make connections for old consoles to hook up to newer TV's .. ebay also has those kinds of TV's. I just threw 5 of them out lol

48 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Is it to play older consoles on? If so they make connections for old consoles to hook up to newer TV's .. ebay also has those kinds of TV's. I just threw 5 of them out lol

Yes.

I didn't really look into them but I thought those connections were expensive.  I'll have to take a look on ebay.   I had a couple of them about 5 years ago and donated them.  Go figure.

13 hours ago, 315Eagles said:

Yes.

I didn't really look into them but I thought those connections were expensive.  I'll have to take a look on ebay.   I had a couple of them about 5 years ago and donated them.  Go figure.

I've purchased a few of those adaptors to play my N64 on my TV. Be careful...Some will work, but look like crap. Some work well. All I've gotten have been under $60.

Also, if you can get your hands on an old Wii off ebay, I HIGHLY recommend it. Easy to mod and install HomeBrew. I've got like 6 systems on mine with over 700 games, and like 75 arcade games too. Runs them flawlessly with great resolution and has an option for 16:9 aspect ratio. 

It's the system I probably use most to this day.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 9/28/2022 at 12:58 PM, DEagle7 said:

https://www.ign.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-quest-director-emotional-about-resurgence

Pretty wild for a game that had such a rocky start. After a few updates and a Netflix spinoff and they're having a big resurgence with more dlc to come. Great news for fans of CD Projekt Red. 

I liked the game from the start. Thought it was one of the better games of the last few years. Played on next gen tho so I wasn’t plagued by all the issues people had. 

never really understood the huge negative response to the game but I think people just like ishing on things.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BirdsFanBill said:

I liked the game from the start. Thought it was one of the better games of the last few years. Played on next gen tho so I wasn’t plagued by all the issues people had. 

never really understood the huge negative response to the game but I think people just like ishing on things.

I think it was a combo of too much hype and trying to accommodate the older generation of systems which made it them scale things back and glitch too much. Even doing a second run about a year ago the game was fantastic and I didn't have any issues.

Either way I'm happy they're having success now. I'd love some new material to do another run through and want CD Projekt Red to keep churning out as much content as possible. 

• Like 2

There was also some stuff promised in the teaser trailers and lead-up to launch that got scrapped at the 11th our. Sometimes the studios get over ambitious and try to pack in way too many features rather than just polishing what they've got so far. Apparently the game ran horribly on older gen systems to the point where it was unplayable. I only played on PC so I can't comment personally, but if that's true, then I get why those players felt cheated. But in my experience, it was one of the best games I've ever played, and came the closest to capturing the atmosphere and immersion of the original Deus Ex.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2022 at 4:38 PM, we_gotta_believe said:

There was also some stuff promised in the teaser trailers and lead-up to launch that got scrapped at the 11th our. Sometimes the studios get over ambitious and try to pack in way too many features rather than just polishing what they've got so far. Apparently the game ran horribly on older gen systems to the point where it was unplayable. I only played on PC so I can't comment personally, but if that's true, then I get why those players felt cheated. But in my experience, it was one of the best games I've ever played, and came the closest to capturing the atmosphere and immersion of the original Deus Ex.

I played it on PC and other than the occasional glitch it has always played well. I bought the PS4 version for my son xmas of 2020 and it was unplayable. Terrible fps, glitches, and outright crashing. That said, I'm really happy the CDPR team stuck with it and have been committed to improvement for almost 2 years now. Easy company to root for IMO.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Bumping this to say since the big patch and Phantom Liberty DLC this is genuinely one of the best games of the last 10 years. In fact as a piece of entertainment in any medium it's right up there with anything, it's a shame they muffed the launch so badly (although I will say I did think some of the criticism was over the top).

On 4/11/2024 at 8:03 AM, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Bumping this to say since the big patch and Phantom Liberty DLC this is genuinely one of the best games of the last 10 years. In fact as a piece of entertainment in any medium it's right up there with anything, it's a shame they muffed the launch so badly (although I will say I did think some of the criticism was over the top).

I've tried and tried to get into this game and I just can't. I might try again at some point