Cyberpunk 2077 -- December 10th

opengeo

18 hours ago, Gannan said:

So I geeked out and l played it from around 9pm till around 2:30 am. I think I’m level 19 or so now. I encountered a major bug where I can’t pay Victor back because the gate won’t open. There is also a bug which can be an exploit on the leader of the animals if anyone is interested in that kind of thing. She’s pretty easy. She will charge at you, you dodge out of the way and shoot her in the back. The shotgun is a good weapon for this. The boss fight ends when she is down but you can kill her for major street Cred. If you save and load again you can finish her off again and get credits and street cred again.

I’ve been putting my skill points in blades. I don’t have to worry about running out of ammo and they do major damage. 

The mod that slows time when you dodge is a lot of fun. 

On 12/30/2020 at 11:28 PM, c_u_in_tampa said:

I'd give it another month or two and then pick it up on Ebay for $25. 

Nah, it's only going to get better, much better.  Already has a free dlc on the way.  Bugs will be way down in 3-6 months.

• Like 1

I had the main storyline heist quest so bugged I had to put the game down for a couple weeks.  Let 2 updates pass and picked it back up.  Now I'm really getting into it.  gigs and side quests is where it's at.  main storyline tends to devolve into 15 minute barely-interactive novels.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, we_gotta_believe said:

NSFW: Language

Hide contents

I haven't stopped laughing

Lmao!!

I can't stop playing this game. I F'ing love it. I'll buy every bit of DLC on day 1, which I've never done for any game ever.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, we_gotta_believe said:

I can't stop playing this game. I F'ing love it. I'll buy every bit of DLC on day 1, which I've never done for any game ever.

Yeah I’m addicted to it too. It’s going to be hard going back to work tomorrow and not being able to stay up late playing.

• Like 2

The quick hacks are almost overpowered to the point of making things too easy. Legendary ping + contagion and perks that increase damage/spread and you can pretty much wipe out buildings without even walking in. 

2 hours ago, DEagle7 said:

The quick hacks are almost overpowered to the point of making things too easy. Legendary ping + contagion and perks that increase damage/spread and you can pretty much wipe out buildings without even walking in. 

System Reset makes taking out cyber psychos hilariously easy. Got all 17 without killing any of them.

• Like 1

There’s cyberware that lets you reset your skill points. Tempting get it to put them into hacking, but sounds like it kind of makes the game boring to walk up to a terminal and just hit an "I win” button to beat the quest. 

On 12/31/2020 at 7:55 PM, DoWorx said:

this car is boss and free

Wasn’t there when I finished ghost town, but it was there when I returned to the area for Riders on the Storm.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gannan said:

There’s cyberware that lets you reset your skill points. Tempting get it to put them into hacking, but sounds like it kind of makes the game boring to walk up to a terminal and just hit an "I win” button to beat the quest. 

I wouldn't say boring, just different. Combat is more strategic than ninja samurai/commando. It's easy but still fun. I think that's part of the fun is you can really approach the game in a bunch of different ways. I will enjoy a second play through with a different skill set a lot I think. 

Only thing I plan on keeping the same is the magnum dong. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

I wouldn't say boring, just different. Combat is more strategic than ninja samurai/commando. It's easy but still fun. I think that's part of the fun is you can really approach the game in a bunch of different ways. I will enjoy a second play through with a different skill set a lot I think. 

Only thing I plan on keeping the same is the magnum dong. 

Yeah I created 2 character. Street kid specializing in weapons and a corpo hacker. Stuck with the street kid but will go back and play as corpo hacker. Romance options are apparently different based on gender body type which somehow impacts the story. For example you have to look female to hook up with Judy and have to look male to get with Panam.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Yeah I created 2 character. Street kid specializing in weapons and a corpo hacker. Stuck with the street kid but will go back and play as corpo hacker. Romance options are apparently different based on gender body type which somehow impacts the story. For example you have to look female to hook up with Judy and have to look male to get with Panam.

Yup that too. I will say 1 romance option per sex/orientation is a bit of a head scratcher given how big this game is.

1 hour ago, DEagle7 said:

Yup that too. I will say 1 romance option per sex/orientation is a bit of a head scratcher given how big this game is.

Yeah that's one of the few gripes I have. If I wanna be a manhoor, let me be a manhoor.

I’m a huge eagles fan, I never miss a game, but after looking at the inactives for tonight’s meaningless game, I’m gonna be tempted to play cyberpunk instead. Judy is getting sweet on my street kid :wub:

• Like 1

Just about to finish act 2 by meeting at Embers with (can't remember her name). It will give you a big warning before you go in that all other quests will no longer be available. I have 2 characters so anything I don't do with my street kid, I will go back and do with my corpo. However, I definitely want to finish my question line with Judy, as well as the "I fought the law" questline. Any other questlines that people especially enjoyed?

6 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Just about to finish act 2 by meeting at Embers with (can't remember her name). It will give you a big warning before you go in that all other quests will no longer be available. I have 2 characters so anything I don't do with my street kid, I will go back and do with my corpo. However, I definitely want to finish my question line with Judy, as well as the "I fought the law" questline. Any other questlines that people especially enjoyed?

I'm at the same point and am now trying to finish all the side quests except for the car buying and boxing ones (too tedious.) There are some worthwhile ones to explore after the judy and river ones.

Another week another quest breaking bug.  sheesh.  Every time you really start getting into it.  I have always heard people complaining about a bugged out game but never actually experienced it til now.

51 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Another week another quest breaking bug.  sheesh.  Every time you really start getting into it.  I have always heard people complaining about a bugged out game but never actually experienced it til now.

the one with panam where you storm the convoy? there's a work-around for it if that's what you meant.

Just now, we_gotta_believe said:

the one with panam where you storm the convoy? there's a work-around for it if that's what you meant.

More than one way to skin the cat.  Stealing a van from some Tyger Claws.  Cleared the area, the terminal I have to jack into so i can drive the van is bugged.  Checked around on forums, its a known cross platform bug that activates way back when you get the call for the quest which was a long time ago.  No known work around.

Just now, dawkins4prez said:

More than one way to skin the cat.  Stealing a van from some Tyger Claws.  Cleared the area, the terminal I have to jack into so i can drive the van is bugged.  Checked around on forums, its a known cross platform bug that activates way back when you get the call for the quest which was a long time ago.  No known work around.

Hmm, haven't come across that one. Is that a fixer gig or side quest?

1 minute ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Hmm, haven't come across that one. Is that a fixer gig or side quest?

Fixer gig for the T-whatever chick.  I like the fixer gigs mlost.

Just now, dawkins4prez said:

Fixer gig for the T-whatever chick.  I like the fixer gigs mlost.

Gotcha, quite a few of those I haven't done yet.