Cyberpunk 2077 -- December 10th

opengeo

1 minute ago, we_gotta_believe said:

I have it on my list to play. Heard good things about that too.

If you are into parry type of fighting, GoT is right up your alley

1 hour ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Nah, this game is TlTS.

GOTY will either be this or TLOU2. 

TLOU2 already won

1 hour ago, c_u_in_tampa said:

On a side note, I thought you could have sex with all the NPCs. I mean Gerald got more ass in the Witcher 3

Ghost of Tsushima is my GoY

And I think this won in the ones where TLOU2 didn't. I think GoT is what I am going to start next in the Cyberpunk debacle

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

TLOU2 already won

And I think this won in the ones where TLOU2 didn't. I think GoT is what I am going to start next in the Cyberpunk debacle

I wont play TLOU2. #savejoel haha

8 hours ago, c_u_in_tampa said:

I would wait till June to pick it up, so yeah it's FUBAR

8 hours ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Nah, this game is TlTS.

GOTY will either be this or TLOU2. 

Interesting. 

4 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

Interesting. 

For reference, I'm on PC. I've heard there are stability issues on previous gen consoles. Seems like it is also fine on next gen consoles, but on PC it's great. Glitchy to be sure, more so than the worst I've seen in fallout, but the game is so fun and looks so amazing that it's easy to overlook.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

For reference, I'm on PC. I've heard there are stability issues on previous gen consoles. Seems like it is also fine on next gen consoles, but on PC it's great. Glitchy to be sure, more so than the worst I've seen in fallout, but the game is so fun and looks so amazing that it's easy to overlook.

They did say they put more attention to the PC version then any other platform

16 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

So the game is a huge fail? 

I think it falls short of some of the hype so far, but with a few patches I think it's going to still be one of the better games put out over the past few years. 

The  attention to detail in the environment and surrounding characters is completely off the charts for any free roaming RPG I've ever seen. Just absolutely incredible.

The story is good so far. Still a TBD on my end but enjoying it so far. That's probably not something I feel can be judged until you're further along. 

Sounds as if it falls a bit short as far as diversity of decisions/life paths and outcomes as promised (life paths don't seem to make as much of a difference as hoped). I will say it is set up well for all kinds of DLC and the developers have a history of putting out some take great DLC storylines (see the Witcher, probably about 30+ hours of high quality DLC added after the fact). Also tons of fun side quests to play that are entertaining enough and not totally boring. So a bit disappointing at first glance but I think fixable to the point where it could still be great. 

Crazy amount of customization in your character build and style which is a plus for me, a minus for others who find it overwhelming.

I was a bit skeptical of combat at first but now with more guns (sniper rifle ftw!), hacks and some cyber abilities (double jump, slow time with dodge etc) it has gotten a lot more fun. Not the best but much better than most free roaming RPGs IMO.  Balancing out stealth and strategy combat with fun FPS mechanics isn't easy and I think they pull it off decently. They teased being able to climb up walls with the mantis blades before so that was kind of a disappointment. But right now I'm running around with a sniper rifle and a giant deeldo as a blunt weapon and having fun. 

Interface is a bit clunky and not the most intuitive. Takes a bit to get the hang of where things are and what they do.

I've had a few crashes and glitches on my Xbox. Nothing game ruining and seems easily fixable.

20 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Did so many delamain missions I got rewarded with My own personal delamain vehicle 

Delamain reminds me of Max Headroom

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, c_u_in_tampa said:

Delamain reminds me of Max Headroom

Had to google that one, pretty spot on though. 

If you're struggling to find rare/legendary/epic components keep in mind any rare/legendary/epic items gives you those corresponding components when you disassemble them. That includes relatively cheap things like med inhalers.  Go to a med vendor, buy a bunch of em, and disassemble them and you'll end up with a big stash of components for relatively cheap.  

You can also use this for cheaper items to disassemble then sell the components for a profit, especially if you have any of the "add components" perks.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DEagle7 said:

If you're struggling to find rare/legendary/epic components keep in mind any rare/legendary/epic items gives you those corresponding components when you disassemble them. That includes relatively cheap things like med inhalers.  Go to a med vendor, buy a bunch of em, and disassemble them and you'll end up with a big stash of components for relatively cheap.  

You can also use this for cheaper items to disassemble then sell the components for a profit, especially if you have any of the "add components" perks.  

Is it worth investing skill points into crafting?

45 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Is it worth investing skill points into crafting?

I haven't but I see the appeal. At level 12 I can make an upgraded version of the unique guns I already have which would be great. Definitely a good way to have "the best" equipment.  But didn't see how I could do that and still invest as heavily in hacking as I wanted to. Maybe next time around. 

4 hours ago, DEagle7 said:

I haven't but I see the appeal. At level 12 I can make an upgraded version of the unique guns I already have which would be great. Definitely a good way to have "the best" equipment.  But didn't see how I could do that and still invest as heavily in hacking as I wanted to. Maybe next time around. 

I'm almost maxed out in hacking. I can clear out strongholds of 20 dudes without taking a weapon out of the holster. Game is almost too easy now.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

I'm almost maxed out in hacking. I can clear out strongholds of 20 dudes without taking a weapon out of the holster. Game is almost too easy now.

Yeah I try to mix it up to keep things interesting cause you're right you can stealth hack entire strongholds even on the highest difficulty. Assault rifles plus mid combat hacking is what I'm doing mostly with some stealth sprinkled in.  Cyberpsychosis is a fun one to make fights interesting. 

Is anyone doing the gigs? I’ve pretty much only done side quest stuff. Wondering if the gigs are even interesting or have any story arcs worth doing.

I did one by coincidence and it was basically, pick up some random laptop, drop it off somewhere, here's your eddies. Don't think they really drive any storylines or anything but not sure.

Last night I spent like an hour just finding all 10 of the tarot card graffiti around night city for some side quest. Was a great way to populate fast travel points all around the map. 

Is this game worth getting? Still buggy? I hear driving mechanics sucks nothing like GTA. Can you get in any vehicle that isn't yours?

38 minutes ago, EagleMatt said:

Is this game worth getting? Still buggy? I hear driving mechanics sucks nothing like GTA. Can you get in any vehicle that isn't yours?

I haven’t run into any bugs since the last patch. It’s amazing how different the game looks when I watch YouTube for tips and tricks. It looks like crap on my Xbox but it’s still fun. For a point of reference I bought Batman return to Arkham because it was super cheap  and I’m playing that as well. That was released in 2016 and looks infinitely better on the Xbox. Driving mechanics seem about the same as GTA, maybe slightly clunkier. I prefer riding a motorcycle in this game though and preferred cars in GTA. I stole a car once in this game early on, but you really don’t need to. The car or motorcycle will come when you call it like a horse in Witcher 3. 

I don’t regret my purchase. It’s a fun game and very immersive. I really like the story and the choices. I can only play it when my kids go to bed so not as far in as I’d like to be. I think I’m around level 11.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EagleMatt said:

Yes 

No

No

Yes

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EagleMatt said:

Still kinda buggy for me but nothing game-ruining.  The driving is fine (once you realize you can toggle the camera).  Only issue is on old gen machines like mine once I start driving fast and the game is forced to process the people/environment/objectives in front of me things can get a little more buggy.  Haven't seen that as an issue for next gen consoles or good PCs though.

The game is a little less "free-for-all do whatever you want" as GTA.  You can steal some vehicles.  I'd say the driving mechanics themselves are slightly better than GTA.  The immersiveness/scale of the environment, the storyline, and the combat mechanics/customizability are light-years ahead of GTA though.  Very different game.

I'm enjoying it a lot.  

10 hours ago, EagleMatt said:

I'd give it another month or two and then pick it up on Ebay for $25. 

Just noticed that the indicated danger levels of the missions change as you progress your character. Yesterday I added the perk that adds 10% total health or whatever and some of my missions went from Very Dangerous to Dangerous or Dangerous to Moderate.

Been tracking down these Cyberpsychosis people and man if you try one you're not ready for they just wreck you.

Also got the gorilla arms and tried to fight the leader of the Animals and she still trashed me, I'm dead every time if I get hit by one punch.

So I geeked out and l played it from around 9pm till around 2:30 am. I think I’m level 19 or so now. I encountered a major bug where I can’t pay Victor back because the gate won’t open. There is also a bug which can be an exploit on the leader of the animals if anyone is interested in that kind of thing. She’s pretty easy. She will charge at you, you dodge out of the way and shoot her in the back. The shotgun is a good weapon for this. The boss fight ends when she is down but you can kill her for major street Cred. If you save and load again you can finish her off again and get credits and street cred again.

I’ve been putting my skill points in blades. I don’t have to worry about running out of ammo and they do major damage. 

• Like 2