Cyberpunk 2077 -- December 10th

opengeo

Was able to get around the bugged cyberpsycho mission I was encountering. If anyone comes across an issue doing the cyberpsycho the Ritual, it all depended on how I entered the mission area. I tried to take a shortcut and approach it from some rooftops by climbing stuff, which caused it to bug out and not be completable.  If you have this one coming up, take the long way and approach the mission by the road like the map direction tells you to.

On 1/5/2021 at 8:16 PM, BirdsFanBill said:

Was able to get around the bugged cyberpsycho mission I was encountering. If anyone comes across an issue doing the cyberpsycho the Ritual, it all depended on how I entered the mission area. I tried to take a shortcut and approach it from some rooftops by climbing stuff, which caused it to bug out and not be completable.  If you have this one coming up, take the long way and approach the mission by the road like the map direction tells you to.

I actually had a similar issue with a checkpoint locking out during the River quest line because I approached it from above. Gotta ease up on the double jump I guess.

Anyone F with Matilda yet? Quite terrifying. 

I don't think I'm super far along but seems I've come to a decision point in the main story with the Voodoo Boys, I like that it's allowing me to finish other things or options before committing to this one. 

1 hour ago, BirdsFanBill said:

I don't think I'm super far along but seems I've come to a decision point in the main story with the Voodoo Boys, I like that it's allowing me to finish other things or options before committing to this one. 

I F'ed with that movie a lot when I was a kid. Telekinesis can be scary I suppose. 

12 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

I F'ed with that movie a lot when I was a kid. Telekinesis can be scary I suppose. 

Plus having Danny DeVito as a father could be considered scary.

How's hotel life?

2 hours ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Plus having Danny DeVito as a father could be considered scary.

How's hotel life?

My cats are getting just as bored wirh it as I am. This Monday marked 5 weeks, so I might be closer to 6 than 5 at this point. Monday the state is supposed to open restaurants back up, so hopefully I can go sit and eat somewhere other than this room (and sweet wheelie table). 

2 weeks from today is when my movers are scheduled to deliver my stuff to my apartment. I have the hotel through the 30th, so I may keep the cats and my work set up here in the hotel through that extra 7-8 days to give me time to get stuff unpacked and unloaded, while having somewhere less chaotic to spend my working hours and sleep. 

hotel is only 5-6 miles away and both places are immediately off this Rte 55 which is a 55mph road with only half a dozen or so stoplights (that are almost always green), so it’s v convenient to travel back and forth. 

A36DFBDD-9F0A-41F2-BB29-DCF8B49433AB.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

My cats are getting just as bored wirh it as I am. This Monday marked 5 weeks, so I might be closer to 6 than 5 at this point. Monday the state is supposed to open restaurants back up, so hopefully I can go sit and eat somewhere other than this room (and sweet wheelie table). 

2 weeks from today is when my movers are scheduled to deliver my stuff to my apartment. I have the hotel through the 30th, so I may keep the cats and my work set up here in the hotel through that extra 7-8 days to give me time to get stuff unpacked and unloaded, while having somewhere less chaotic to spend my working hours and sleep. 

hotel is only 5-6 miles away and both places are immediately off this Rte 55 which is a 55mph road with only half a dozen or so stoplights (that are almost always green), so it’s v convenient to travel back and forth. 

A36DFBDD-9F0A-41F2-BB29-DCF8B49433AB.jpeg

From doing quite a few 2-3 week long work travel trips, staying in a hotel that long just isn’t great even if it’s super nice and we’re not in a pandemic so can’t imagine your boredom. Thank god for video games and sports. 

52 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

From doing quite a few 2-3 week long work travel trips, staying in a hotel that long just isn’t great even if it’s super nice and we’re not in a pandemic so can’t imagine your boredom. Thank god for video games and sports. 

Most of my league pass viewing and non-Eagles football has taken place on my iPad while playing Ghosts 

On 1/8/2021 at 8:38 AM, BirdsFanBill said:

Yup.  She got me once but second time I was prepared.  Gotta keep her at a distance (unless you're hulked out on Body/melee I suppose).

As far as the Voodoos?

Spoiler

Killed the netwatch guy cause well he tried to kill me. But after I got back I punched Placide and after getting what I wanted out of Bridgette et al I told em to F themselves and they attacked me so well...killed them all too.  Placide gives you a really good coat.  I read that there are no end-game consequences either way so do what feels right. Killing em all felt right.

Anyone finding any Witcher easter eggs?  Last night I saw a billboard ad for "MILF guard" :roll:.  I'm sure there are a ton.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DEagle7 said:

Yup.  She got me once but second time I was prepared.  Gotta keep her at a distance (unless you're hulked out on Body/melee I suppose).

As far as the Voodoos?

Reveal hidden contents

Killed the netwatch guy cause well he tried to kill me. But after I got back I punched Placide and after getting what I wanted out of Bridgette et al I told em to F themselves and they attacked me so well...killed them all too.  Placide gives you a really good coat.  I read that there are no end-game consequences either way so do what feels right. Killing em all felt right.

Thanks, good info. I did the same but didn’t punch. Will consider it now though. 

1 minute ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Thanks, good info. I did the same but didn’t punch. Will consider it now though. 

Can't promise it has no long-term effect cause I'm not at the end yet.  But that's what I read online.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

$30 today for any masochists still out there. Also, life hack: if you’re one of those noobs that buys games somewhere else (aside from digitally) buy Best Buy’s and just return their unopened game to whoever you bought your broken $60+sales tax copy from  

Finished it over the weekend. I think it says something about a game that I want to play it again right after I finish it. The only other game I can think of where I did that was KOTOR.

Warning spoilers

Spoiler

I had a big decision to make after going to embers. Take the offer and the easy way in to Arosaka tower. This felt to me like being a corporate sell out and seemed very counter to my character. So I didn't consider this. An other option is giving yourself over to Johnny and letting him finish the job of taking down arosaka. This also didn't feel right. I liked my character way more than I liked Johnny. The final option is to call Panam and the nomads for help. This seemed like the most logical choice and I was happy with how it turned out. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

this game ever gonna work for the ps5 or have they already punted?  

I think ps5 is where it did work. Meaning the latest gen consoles and PC are the only devices powerful enough to overcome its brokenness 

1 hour ago, Gannan said:

Finished it over the weekend. I think it says something about a game that I want to play it again right after I finish it. The only other game I can think of where I did that was KOTOR.

Warning spoilers

Reveal hidden contents

I had a big decision to make after going to embers. Take the offer and the easy way in to Arosaka tower. This felt to me like being a corporate sell out and seemed very counter to my character. So I didn't consider this. An other option is giving yourself over to Johnny and letting him finish the job of taking down arosaka. This also didn't feel right. I liked my character way more than I liked Johnny. The final option is to call Panam and the nomads for help. This seemed like the most logical choice and I was happy with how it turned out. 

Haven't finished yet cause I'm stalling, but fully agree about being excited to play it again. Different back story, sex and play style and it will be a very different experience.  

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

this game ever gonna work for the ps5 or have they already punted?  

I've heard it works just fine on the new gen consoles. It's us schlubs with the older models that have rendering issues. 

2 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Haven't finished yet cause I'm stalling, but fully agree about being excited to play it again. Different back story, sex and play style and it will be a very different experience.  

I've heard it works just fine on the new gen consoles. It's us schlubs with the older models that have rendering issues. 

I'll play through again and do the side quests I missed. I played most of the major ones though. 

Don't think Im close to finishing. My next main mission is meeting with Takemura. I've been doing pretty much ever side quest that comes up and the occasional gig. Still having a blast. Recently ramped up my quickhacking and upgraded my character at the ripper a lot. Really makes taking out a whole bunch of guys quite easy with overheat and synapse burnout, but I'm enjoying it anyway.

1 minute ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Don't think Im close to finishing. My next main mission is meeting with Takemura. I've been doing pretty much ever side quest that comes up and the occasional gig. Still having a blast. Recently ramped up my quickhacking and upgraded my character at the ripper a lot. Really makes taking out a whole bunch of guys quite easy with overheat and synapse burnout, but I'm enjoying it anyway.

I'm going to go hacker build for my second go around. For the first go around, I did blades and found a legendary katana that did like 1,200 DPS. I was killing enemies so fast with that thing. It seems like most of the missions wanted you to do stealth but I just walked in and killed everyone with that thing. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gannan said:

I'm going to go hacker build for my second go around. For the first go around, I did blades and found a legendary katana that did like 1,200 DPS. I was killing enemies so fast with that thing. It seems like most of the missions wanted you to do stealth but I just walked in and killed everyone with that thing. 

Ive been doing mostly pistol, sniper rifle, and quickhacking. Pretty much do nothing for melee or body stuff. Def seems like the game encourages you to do more stealth stuff to me.

Im at the point where I'm taking out snipers for Takemura during the parade. Great mission. No clue how much Ive done or how much is left. Taking my sweet ole time. Not that I have a choice lol.

• Like 1

Just found Skippy.

He's an amazing pistol.

Choose puppy loving pacifist the first go. After 50 kills he permanently reverts to whichever option you didn't choose. So if you want to keep him and not return him to Regina, you want the automatic head shot.

On 1/18/2021 at 10:11 AM, Gannan said:

Warning spoilers

Hide contents

Just finished it and made the same choice as you did for the ending.

Loved this game, felt like it was tailor made for me. Easily GOTY and one of the best I've ever played. Did all the side quests except for the races and boxing which I'll go do now and probably fart around a bit with side gigs before moving on. Clocked in at 90+ hours. I built my new PC 18 months ago specifically for this game after E3. For me at least, it lived up to all the hype and then some. Will definitely miss all the hours I spent in Night City.

• Like 3

I feel like I've had more bugs since the recent update than before it.

I think I finished Panam's storyline (the Basilisk is fun), still working through Judy's. I've done like almost nothing on the main quest story line. Next main mission is called Down on the Street and I haven't done it for like weeks. There are sooo many side quests and gigs and whatnot and I don't want to miss anything haha. 

As for recent bugs since the update, I've had times where there was a crazy fog everywhere and you can't really see very well. Also had bug where I couldn't change the driving camera. Also last night my scanner wouldn't work. It seems like for these minor things just saving, exiting to main menu and reloading the game fixes everything.

One thing that has been annoying me is that people call me while I'm in conversation within another mission. And V always picks up the phone so now I'm literally in two conversations at once its crazy.