Cyberpunk 2077 -- December 10th

opengeo

12 hours ago, mr_irie1 said:

I thought this game was going to automatically be "enhanced" for free by the new xbox and ps when the new consoles drop.

You will be able to download the ps5 version for free. However you will need to have the PS4 disc in console (unless bought PS4 digitally). The disc in system is smart because it prevents renting from GameFly or borrowing from friend to get a free download without ever actually owning the game. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Delayed by 3 weeks.

Was just coming here to say this. It's ridiculous at this point. I might not get it out of spite now lol

13 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Was just coming here to say this. It's ridiculous at this point. I might not get it out of spite now lol

I'll still get it, too good to pass up. Deus Ex is my favorite game of all time and this is likely to be the closest thing to it in scope and scale since the first one.

33 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

I'll still get it, too good to pass up. Deus Ex is my favorite game of all time and this is likely to be the closest thing to it in scope and scale since the first one.

I'll get it too but, now I'll just wait for the actual PS5 copy now

4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'll get it too but, now I'll just wait for the actual PS5 copy now

On the plus side, per the announcement, it sounds like they're planning to release the PS5 version soon since they mentioned having to test on it. Could be that the pushed the release date back to release all gen versions at the same time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, we_gotta_believe said:

On the plus side, per the announcement, it sounds like they're planning to release the PS5 version soon since they mentioned having to test on it. Could be that the pushed the release date back to release all gen versions at the same time.

This makes the most sense to me. 

• Like 1

Wasn't there another huge game that was delayed a bunch of times?

@opengeo Lol I figured the delay might hit you pretty hard. Doing ok over there?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

@opengeo Lol I figured the delay might hit you pretty hard. Doing ok over there?

Last of us 2 got pushed back a lot. Not sure if there is any right now that people have been waiting for. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Not happy but with the ps5 still on schedule will have some other games to enjoy until game time. 

7 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Looking in the bright side, there are also ample examples of games that should have been pushed back but were released with serious flaws. 

7 hours ago, DEagle7 said:

Looking in the bright side, there are also ample examples of games that should have been pushed back but were released with serious flaws. 

This is my opinion when it comes to big games getting delayed. I'd rather wait a few weeks/months for something polished instead of them forcing out a product with a lot of bugs/crashes that need to be patched after release. **cough... EA... cough**

Seeing the reactions on Twitter after they announced it was hilarious. 

The developers are real Ds though. People took time off for this game after the devs specifically said it would be released on time the day before this announcement. Now would I take time off to play a game on release? No. But sucks for people who did. And those people are justified in being upset 

3 hours ago, devpool said:

The developers are real Ds though. People took time off for this game after the devs specifically said it would be released on time the day before this announcement. Now would I take time off to play a game on release? No. But sucks for people who did. And those people are justified in being upset 

Well supposedly the CEO came out and apologized to all the developers working on the game because he is the one that downplayed the time crunch they were under. They knew they weren't going to get it done but the ceo tried to get them to push it through. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2020 at 1:20 AM, devpool said:

Yea back when it was supposed to be released in April, I was about to put in a time request form in at work for a week off to play it. Luckily Something distracted me from submitting the form that day, but not long after they delayed the game. Of course none of it mattered cause I got the time off anyways thanks to Covid. I’m all good with waiting to get an incredible game, but them continuing to push it back further is only raising expectations. It better be good. 

4 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Wait's almost over nerds.  We'll be modifying our foot long cyber deeks in no time.

🤣

7 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Wait's almost over nerds.  We'll be modifying our foot long cyber deeks in no time.

Until our consoles blow up cause right now doesn't seem like either one can handle this game lol

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Until our consoles blow up cause right now doesn't seem like either one can handle this game lol

My new laptop sure as f can run it.

17 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

No problems at all with my ps5. 😛