Cyberpunk 2077 -- December 10th

opengeo

39 minutes ago, Gannan said:

I’m playing on a regular Xbox one and it doesn’t look that bad.

I think that's the huge nerds that pick every little thing apart. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I think that's the huge nerds that pick every little thing apart. 

That seems to be the case. I don't need the latest and greatest. I usually buy next gen consoles once they've been out a year or two. I just want to be entertained and unwind in the evenings after my wife and kids go to bed. This one looks to fit that bill.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, c_u_in_tampa said:

I am still waiting on my Amazon guy. 

Have faith, bezos will come through

1 hour ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Have faith, bezos will come through

My one package arrived at the same damn time about the same damn distance as cyberpunk both through FedEx. Cyberpunk never left the facility but the other one did and was here by noon. 

I see amazon delivering at 9pm sometimes lol. Ever since they have their own delivery fleet there is no stopping them! 

Played up until you get to your apartment. So far pretty cool. Looks good but not amazing I’d say. I’ve enjoyed the environment and story so far. Started as a street kid. 

8 hours ago, Gannan said:

I had some long load times and a few times I was asking myself "did this game crash" but it always eventually loaded up. The only bug I've encountered so far as when my "life coach" called and after the conversation was over his phone image remained on the screen. When I went to the pause menu and returned to the game it was gone. I'm only like 90 mins in so far though. 

I copied it over to internal PS5 HD after it default installed on my 5TB external. I imagine PS4 titles on the PS5 harddrive will have quick load and all that fun stuff but games running off the spinner external drive will still be regular load times? Jerzday is in 30 mins here (and I spent the last 90 mins between shower and dinner and catching up on texts) so I plan to "start" it after the show ends.

59 minutes ago, c_u_in_tampa said:

Two discs. Havent seen that in ages. Can't wait to play later tonight. 

Red Dead 2. Final Fantasy 7 Remake. The DLC-included version of Shadows of War (Mordor sequel)... I think one or two of my PS5 games also had the 2-disk thing going on but everything is still so "new" during the middle of my mid-west move that I can't remember anymore :lol:

51 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

How many of y'all chose baby weiner?

It sounds like I can make a hawt tranny so maybe I will try that? :whistle:

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, c_u_in_tampa said:

Two discs. Havent seen that in ages. Can't wait to play later tonight. 

The Last of Us 2 is Data, and Play disc.

Played another few hours last night. Really loving it now. Basically finished the main mission part that involves Judy. Did a few side missions as well both of which we're a combo of funny and fun/challenging. I essentially feel like I'm playing Grand Theft Auto in a dystopian future. Had a few glitches, one when calling my car and it was like in another random car, and other I noticed when walking around I had a repetitive NPC, I walked by the same guy like 4 times on 5 blocks of a neighborhood. I would say overall the environment looks great, but the characters look just ok to me.

Side note, I sometimes get motion sickness from video games, was experiencing it with this one, but turned off motion blur in the settings and that seemed to help a ton. In case anyone else feels this. I noticed the character bobbing and swaying while moving was pretty pronounced.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Played another few hours last night. Really loving it now. Basically finished the main mission part that involves Judy. Did a few side missions as well both of which we're a combo of funny and fun/challenging. I essentially feel like I'm playing Grand Theft Auto in a dystopian future. Had a few glitches, one when calling my car and it was like in another random car, and other I noticed when walking around I had a repetitive NPC, I walked by the same guy like 4 times on 5 blocks of a neighborhood. I would say overall the environment looks great, but the characters look just ok to me.

Side note, I sometimes get motion sickness from video games, was experiencing it with this one, but turned off motion blur in the settings and that seemed to help a ton. In case anyone else feels this. I noticed the character bobbing and swaying while moving was pretty pronounced.

FPS sucks! Only complaint my first hour or so in the game last night. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

First person games do that to me as well if I play too long. Thanks for the tip

30 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

They say not to play it like Grand theft auto or you will have unwanted consequences to your story line. 

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

They say not to play it like Grand theft auto or you will have unwanted consequences to your story line. 

How do THEY know what I want?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Yeah I'm not going around mass murdering or stealing cars.

I'd say my character so far is more of a dont F with me, but honorable type guy.

5 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Yeah I'm not going around mass murdering or stealing cars.

I'd say my character so far is more of a dont F with me, but honorable type guy.

I turned it on last night and realized if I started it I would never go to bed lol. So I shut it off. 

Got a couple hours in, so far it's as good as expected. Graphics look great but makes my PC sound like a jet engine. The most demanding game I've played on it thus far. At 4k, I can only manage 30fps. My only gripe so far is that I was hoping the city was a bit more immersive / interactive but otherwise no complaints.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Got a couple hours in, so far it's as good as expected. Graphics look great but makes my PC sound like a jet engine. The most demanding game I've played on it thus far. At 4k, I can only manage 30fps. My only gripe so far is that I was hoping the city was a bit more immersive / interactive but otherwise no complaints.

Well they said it doesn't really open up until you have about 6hrs in. Those first 4-5 hours is basically tutorial

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Well they said it doesn't really open up until you have about 6hrs in. Those first 4-5 hours is basically tutorial

Yeah it seems like its opening up more and more through the tutorial. Almost every review I've read said the first 6ish hours are a bit slow. I'd have to agree somewhat, certainly not RDR2 beginning slow but I see what they're saying.

18 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Yeah it seems like its opening up more and more through the tutorial. Almost every review I've read said the first 6ish hours are a bit slow. I'd have to agree somewhat, certainly not RDR2 beginning slow but I see what they're saying.

That's what worries me is I will end up hating it because of the First person and the slow ass beginning