Last Of Us 2 - Out NOW

opengeo

31 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Just got a pleasant surprise email that it's coming tomorrow! Totally forgot I pre-ordered this two months ago. 

I booted my PS5 up last night to see if there was any free downloads I forgot to snag in the month of August (or even "purchase" but not necessarily download) and it looks like the console was already downloading the new game. My guess is its some kind of pre-download so that when the title goes live (midnight tonight?) its already playable? I left the TV on and PS5 downloading when I went up to bed and forgot about it this morning since the console/etc. auto-shutdowns after some period of inactivity, so the TV was off when I walked downstairs. But I will check into it tonight and maybe tomorrow as a work-from-home day going into a long weekend will be slow to where I can log some time if its available. We have 4 people in my group that are out tomorrow though... so even a slow day may mean additional inquiries coming my way. 

• 2 weeks later...

Noticed a new feature with the dual sense. Within the first 10 mins of meeting Tess, we drop down into a little stash spot with our gear where the overhead lights in the room are powered by a generator. As I get closer to the generator, the vibration in the controller grows. As I rotate around, the vibration shifts within the control with respect to its position in relationship to the direction Joel is pointed. 

if something like this existed in any prior ps5/dual sense enhanced games, I never noticed it. 

Recently got a PS5 and finally played Last of Us. What an amazing game. 

Can I play the 2nd one with the PS4 download? Or should I wait 

16 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Recently got a PS5 and finally played Last of Us. What an amazing game. 

Can I play the 2nd one with the PS4 download? Or should I wait 

Not sure what you mean by PS4 download, but I'm not aware of any PS5-version in the works, and I replayed LOU2 on my PS5 about 2 months ago and it was just as stellar as when I played it on PS4 at launch. 

2 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Not sure what you mean by PS4 download, but I'm not aware of any PS5-version in the works, and I replayed LOU2 on my PS5 about 2 months ago and it was just as stellar as when I played it on PS4 at launch. 

Yes I believe the 2nd one was already made with PS5 features. Meaning the ps4 version was geared towards ps5

I still have to play the PS5 last of us. I played a little bit Friday it released, but I left my house 5am the next morning to go to the airport and travel out of state for the holiday weekend. Got back in time to do fantasy drafts, golf in my work playoffs, watch opening NFL Thursday, watch lots of saturday and sunday football, then this week softball, Twins game, win the golf league championship (team win), and tonight out for happy hour/football with people. I think i squeezed in about 2 hours of the game saturday... but I am quickly finding my schedule to go from 4 hours of events a week to 4 hours a day like 5-6 days of the week. 

Some other things. When character A breaks character AB’s finger, I see what looks like a broken finger. In many play through of PS3 and PS4 version not sure it was ever so clear. Then layer character B has a splint on the finger (I don’t recall ever seeing this) and the finger is hella purple. Nice little touches. 

Also when people are screaming/arguing it looks like spit is flying out 

Took me too long because I missed a joke someone (pretty sure I initiated it, but apparently if you don’t sit idle until they end, it might not register it?). So I had to play back through a bit of the game in NG+. But finally in hand 

18AAD966-B937-4E6B-B464-BD324B049BEA.jpeg

23 hours ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Sweet Lord Jesus, shut the F up already and take my money! 

Brief look at the Clicker looks good. Also they got the sound

This is going to be critiqued like crazy but I'm excited

• 1 month later...
On 6/29/2020 at 11:05 AM, jrsu37 said:

Finished it Sat morn...Daaaaaaaaaaang what a ride. Game left me emotionally, and physically, tired. Such a great ride.

I feel they drug it out a bit there, but man that last encounter was fun. I want to start another play through, but I need a break before diving right back into that hellscape. 

Also @opengeo

Hide contents

You're 100% right on the dude in the beginning that calls Ellie a dyke or something to that effect when she and Deena kiss. I hadn't seen that cutscene before until you reach it in game. So to append my previous comments, that section was blatantly an anti gay person being offended, and there being an argument over it. No matter your view, that part was a legit confrontation so your point there stands. I concede that point willingly. 

Also for those who have fin the game, or are close: 

Hide contents

How did everyone receive the Abby timeline? I really just didn't like her...I think Owen was the more interesting character of that group. He and Manny. I just wanted Abby dead. I didn't care at all about her, and I think they drug out her whole part of the game. Minor gripe though as it was needed for the story. I did enjoy just letting the clickers eat me when playing as Abby 🙂

Super late on this post but I just finished the game. I spent a good 30 mins of it just jumping off either cliffs or that sky bridge with Abby just to watch her die. 

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Super late on this post but I just finished the game. I spent a good 30 mins of it just jumping off either cliffs or that sky bridge with Abby just to watch her die. 

I used to do that when playing Uncharted. 

• 1 month later...

Just watched the new trailer for the TV series. Legit gave me goosebumps. Can't believe it's just over a month away.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got ps5 for Christmas and the last of us was the first download.  I’m currently out of pittsburg and on the beach. Great game so far.  I regret jumping in on hard the first play through 😂 

8 hours ago, DBW said:

I just got ps5 for Christmas and the last of us was the first download.  I’m currently out of pittsburg and on the beach. Great game so far.  I regret jumping in on hard the first play through 😂 

Hard is probably a bit of a challenge but its the type of game where the difficulty exponentiates the life or death stakes and the terror. Beach means

Spoiler

Henry and Sam pulled you in. Thoughts on them so far, and thoughts when Henry left you to fend off the tank?

• 1 month later...

Finally finishing up the 2nd one and I thought the game was over a few times and kept going. Both games are some of the best if not the best games ever played 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Finally finishing up the 2nd one and I thought the game was over a few times and kept going. Both games are some of the best if not the best games ever played 

My first playthrough was still early in COVID. I thought it ended like 4 times 

Spoiler

When you get caught off guard by Abby in the theater after the Tommy/Jesse reunion), I thought we had to be at the end of the game... then when it switches to Abby I feel like you easily play the same length of time as her up until that same Theater convergence. Then you are back with a farm and a baby and the game is over. Then it continues AGAIN when Ellie decides to get revenge for Tommy and go to California. Hell, between the Abby and Ellie playthrough sections, there may be another 5 hours of content from when you decide to vacate the farm and go west -- and the farm section is probably around an hour by itself.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I will likely be playing Remaster this upcoming weekend