Last Of Us 2 - Out NOW

opengeo

The 2 for 1 is a good description. As well as it being jarring initially. 

• Like 1

Working on my 2nd playthrough to platinum.  I had so much fun sniping in the rain and then clearing the aquarium on Ellie's day 3!  Upgraded my headphones to catch the full ambiance. Going real slow this time. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Finished around 33 hours

Spoiler

I did not like how they tried so hard to make us feel for Abby. Didn't her dad attack Joel to begin with anyway? I don't care that Joel killed a bunch of people. So did the fireflies. I was invested in Joel and Ellie. I actually thought the new Abby was going to be some new friend/companion for Ellie. I think it wasn't until she said he's down there or something that it clicked that she was going to be an enemy of Ellie and they were going a 'different sides' kind of game

For awhile there I didn't think we were going to be able to play Ellie again because it was so long with Abby. Also making us beat on Ellie while playing Abby kind of pissed me off. I actually let Ellie kill me a couple times. I was worried they were going to have Abby kill her. The back and forth was interesting but it got annoying when it took too long to get back to Ellie.

There was a strong lgbt presence but it didn't really bother me. Definitely noticed it though

Owen seemed like a guy that wanted to be with Abby but wanted Abby to move on from the revenge. I liked his character. I was enjoying Ellie doing revenge killings though. She at least didn't want to kill anyone BUT Abby

There was a lot of emotional scenes.

Lol I was complaining out loud when I noticed Abby had all of the good weapons. I played on easy which I kind of regret but meh. The fight scenes were really easy and I don't think I stressed over anything. I had plenty of ammo and left a lot of supplies. I thought about increasing the difficulty but just didn't since there was no trophy for it

The scene when Ellie confronts Nora and she said something Fed up about Joel or whatever had my blood boiling and I was thinking yea I'm going to enjoy when you die. Loved her death.

They left it on a cliffhanger. Did Dina go back to Jacksonville and Ellie is going back as well? I had a feeling they were going to have Ellie not kill Abby. If they had left it up to choice I would have saved before it and re-killed her many times.

I got 50% trophies

I still need to find the strange artifact, put the hat on the companion, unlock every safe, find all the coins, trading cards, journal entries, upgrade all weapons, and learn all upgrades

I actually got most of the collectables because I roamed a lot. Gonna go back through and try and get the platinum

I don’t recall my trophy percent at the end, but I got the artifact and safes on my 27 hours. The hat I "missed” because there is a specific order that I did not attempt after the first denial. 

I started my platinum Monday or Tuesday the weekend the game launched... and I haven’t gone back since. No reason other than jumped back into binge watching shows after breaking my progress that weekend the game came out and just never switched back to the game 

I enjoyed the game and the overall story. I don't understand the hate for it 

• Like 1

On 8/5/2020 at 9:24 AM, Machine said:

people are little ****es / made their mind up on it based on the leaks that came out before it released. 

• Like 1

On 8/5/2020 at 8:24 AM, Machine said:

Spoiler

Well...There's gay people in it, you have to play as girls the whole time, one of which is built like a LB...So people thought she was trans from the spoilers and immediately hated on that. Without going into the spoilers I think that about covers most of the hate.

The big spoiler did suck, but it was pretty apparent from the first trailer that it was going to be that way. 

Spoiler

So no one else was bothered by them trying their hardest to make us sympatric to Abby? I didn't give a crap about the gay stuff. You learn the main character is gay in the first game. Why play a game where the main character is gay if that stuff bothers you

I was so worried they weren't going to let us play Ellie and make us kill her as Abby in the movie theater

One thing that did piss me off was 

Spoiler

getting spoiled about Joels death. It's like you need to avoid the internet as a whole if you don't want to get spoiled about crap

I was going to ask but decided to just google it

In a recent interview, The Last of Us Part 2 creative director Neil Druckmann said that Naughty Dog isn't ruling out the possibility that The Last of Us Part 3 could be the next game the studio makes, but at the moment, nothing has been formally decided.

i knew zero spoilers and i do a lot of EMB, gamespot, and youtubez

8 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

i knew zero spoilers and i do a lot of EMB, gamespot, and youtubez

Facebook comments aren't as kind I guess 🤷‍♂️

Reddit/Twitter wasn't kind either. If you clicked on anything related to this game/Playstation in general there was someone in the comments spoiling the game. People are just a-holes. 

That said, Neils initial response to these leaks holds true, IMO. At the end of the day, it's  a video game. You need to play it yourself. I felt like I knew a decent amount going in, which actually delayed my playing it the first few weeks, I just wasn't as excited for it anymore - but when I got around to it I loved it. 

• Like 2

Everything about this game was awesome quite honestly. Sure, i could do without the virtue signaling, but at the end of the day, it’s his right to promote whatever he wants, and mine not to play if i don’t like what he’s promoting. And missing this game would’ve been my loss. It was great pure and simple. Bravo. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JBENT87 said:

Reddit/Twitter wasn't kind either. If you clicked on anything related to this game/Playstation in general there was someone in the comments spoiling the game. People are just a-holes. 

That said, Neils initial response to these leaks holds true, IMO. At the end of the day, it's  a video game. You need to play it yourself. I felt like I knew a decent amount going in, which actually delayed my playing it the first few weeks, I just wasn't as excited for it anymore - but when I got around to it I loved it. 

I'm big on spoilers in movies/games/books. I just don't like them. I feel it can ruin them

56 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I will be so mad if my unintentional 4...5...6..??? week break from the game now will prevent me from being able to get a Platinum. 

22 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

I will be so mad if my unintentional 4...5...6..??? week break from the game now will prevent me from being able to get a Platinum. 

You should still be able to. DLC is supposed to be separate from regular game platinums

On 6/24/2020 at 9:36 PM, Mike030270 said:

This is about downtown Seattle

Hide contents

721EC45B-38D2-4CB0-9272-0229A2A10CBB.thumb.jpeg.c9fd63b434ace6e909078625b832961b.jpeg

Do I need to go to the F FEDRA GATE to get to the overpass location that I circled? Worried that I’ll miss out on that ? mark and move on

I figured out what this was. It's a truck in the water that you can open the back/trunk and get a collectable. Don't know how I missed it

• Like 1

It seems like once you max out guns and training that you don't come across supplements and parts

I was hoping I could get a nice surplus of parts and supplements for when I switch to Abby and upgrade all her stuff quickly but I haven't seen anything in awhile while playing Ellie with her stuff maxed

11 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

It seems like once you max out guns and training that you don't come across supplements and parts

I was hoping I could get a nice surplus of parts and supplements for when I switch to Abby and upgrade all her stuff quickly but I haven't seen anything in awhile while playing Ellie with her stuff maxed

I don't believe resources are shared between the two characters...Can you confirm they are? 

31 minutes ago, jrsu37 said:

I don't believe resources are shared between the two characters...Can you confirm they are? 

Don't remember and I just got to the birthday gift for Ellie on my second playthrough so it'll be awhile before I get to Abby

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Don't remember and I just got to the birthday gift for Ellie on my second playthrough so it'll be awhile before I get to Abby

That was one of my fav parts of the game. I just played through it again on Sat.

5 minutes ago, jrsu37 said:

That was one of my fav parts of the game. I just played through it again on Sat.

You beat your second playthrough already?

12 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

You beat your second playthrough already?

No I'm on my second...Just started Seattle Day 3.

I played through the birthday part on Sat. I meant I played through that part again...Should have specified. 

• Like 2