Last Of Us 2 - Out NOW

opengeo

They need to stop re-releasing the same game on each generation for a cash grab. This was a PS3 title, they released it on PS4 and now on PS5? I guess unlike GTA they actually released a sequel on the last gen, but this ish is getting ridiculous 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Mat said:

They need to stop re-releasing the same game on each generation for a cash grab. This was a PS3 title, they released it on PS4 and now on PS5? I guess unlike GTA they actually released a sequel on the last gen, but this ish is getting ridiculous 

This one is being built from the ground up, so full overhaul of gameplay mechanics and enemy AI, with a different visual improvement over past remasters of games. But I expect the story to be 99% the same… maybe they surprise us with some subtle differences or additions? 

in there presser they also mentioned how there are new generations of gamers every day who haven’t played the original, so they want to introduce them while giving the best possible gaming experience with that story 

21 hours ago, Agent23 said:

This one is being built from the ground up, so full overhaul of gameplay mechanics and enemy AI, with a different visual improvement over past remasters of games. But I expect the story to be 99% the same… maybe they surprise us with some subtle differences or additions? 

in there presser they also mentioned how there are new generations of gamers every day who haven’t played the original, so they want to introduce them while giving the best possible gaming experience with that story 

Brah, it was released on the last gen, it's not something from 1986. Not everyone can even get a new gen console at this point because they're still on back order. That argument only works if it is something like Tony Hawk, Crash Bandicoot, Final Fantasy VII, Resident Evil etc. Stuff that was released on earlier consoles that people aren't going to be able to source easily and play. I can walk into any retailer right now and pick up a copy of Last of Us Remastered on PS4. It is ridiculous and a cash grab

• Like 1

It's definitely a cash grab but a lot of people myself included believe it's one of the greatest console games. They are going to milk this like Rockstar is milking GTAV lol

I thought I saw a scene from Left Behind. So are they just going to include it or will be be like a bundle?

5 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

It's definitely a cash grab but a lot of people myself included believe it's one of the greatest console games. They are going to milk this like Rockstar is milking GTAV lol

I thought I saw a scene from Left Behind. So are they just going to include it or will be be like a bundle?

I believe all existing content is going to be part of the base remastered game. I think multiplayer too? But never played that on any of the formers

17 hours ago, Agent23 said:

I believe all existing content is going to be part of the base remastered game. I think multiplayer too? But never played that on any of the formers

It's possible they upgraded it but when I played the multiplayer it was meh

cutting and pasting from an article (with obnoxious ads in the middle)

image.png.b29a25cf7633df02c6b439d6c0170bc7.png

image.png.e86b7c6e3f5e130e3da329542d1ec06c.png

image.png.3e3e518648f79a1625c9cef80bb87456.png

I'm guessing it's just beating the game as fast as possible

I'm curious about this new multiplayer

Do we now if it's going to cost the same as every other PS5 game?

Still seems pretty greedy

20 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I'm guessing it's just beating the game as fast as possible

I'm curious about this new multiplayer

Do we now if it's going to cost the same as every other PS5 game?

Still seems pretty greedy

it's $70 lol. I was going to just buy it bc that's what I do when some of my favorite games/studios release "new" games. But $70 for an upgraded version of the upgraded version that I just played (and "re-bought" if you will) just two years ago is kinda ridiculous.  TLOU1+2 are both great but I don't need to keep telling Naughty Dog that, every year seemingly, with my wallet. I'll just watch the HBO show whenever it comes out, for now. 

• 2 weeks later...

Saw the 2yr anniversary posted online the other day and remembered that after my launch play through (27ish hours?) I started my platinum quest and made it to downtown Seattle and just got burnt out after 30-something hours in the span of 5ish days, and never continued. Not sure how much I logged since the anniversary (probably 4 hours on average in the evening) but I plowed my way through. 

EFE20C30-D9E4-4DEE-BF58-153AB63A7020.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/9/2022 at 2:13 PM, Agent23 said:

@jrsu37

Yep...Gonna play the

Yeah I'm a play the F outta that one. That game has to be sick of me by now lol.

I enjoy having "first time” streamers that post vids on YouTube. Every few months I’ll spend like a combined hour watching key parts of the game just to gauge peoples reactions. 

one of the all time great moments is the end of Jackson, after Ellie runs away, where Joel and her argue about Sarah and Joel sure as hell ain’t her dad. Such emotional weight and the way they take those moments and "we’re not alone” "I count three” "there’s already more inside” just so masterfully balanced to to F with your emotions. I love it! 

11 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Looks real good! 

Havent watched the whole thing yet, but did they list out what they improved about the gameplay?

4 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Havent watched the whole thing yet, but did they list out what they improved about the gameplay?

the 3min to 5min section touches on that a bit. Improved enemy AI, partner AI, environmental improvements (basically things to up the intensity and immersion). Then I think around 7min to 8:30 they talk about implementation of 3D audio and controller haptics. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

the 3min to 5min section touches on that a bit. Improved enemy AI, partner AI, environmental improvements (basically things to up the intensity and immersion). Then I think around 7min to 8:30 they talk about implementation of 3D audio and controller haptics. 

Unfortunately, unless you're using headphones, 3d spatial audio on PS5 is still broken. 

Unreal that we are almost 2 years post launch and those of us with height channels still have no support.

3 hours ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Unfortunately, unless you're using headphones, 3d spatial audio on PS5 is still broken. 

Unreal that we are almost 2 years post launch and those of us with height channels still have no support.

Their new headphones have 3d audio

Maybe this was their plan all along lol

On 7/19/2022 at 8:02 PM, Agent23 said:

@jrsu37

MF'er...Can't wait to play through this again.

I've been fighting the urge to play through the PS4 version again. May play 2 next week, but man that game is brutal. I think it added a LOT to my depression as it came out during initial COVID lockdown.

On 7/29/2022 at 1:36 PM, jrsu37 said:

MF'er...Can't wait to play through this again.

I've been fighting the urge to play through the PS4 version again. May play 2 next week, but man that game is brutal. I think it added a LOT to my depression as it came out during initial COVID lockdown.

I want to say 2 released on a Friday during early covid, and I think I beat it sometime Monday… at like 27ish hours logged… legit took me until a month ago to return to it to re-acclimate myself once the LOU1 remake was given an official date, and to finish my previous determination to get platinum. 

I'm going to hold off on a replay of the original since I want certain sections to feel "new” all over again. 

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Agent23 said:

image.thumb.png.5f4c40d21da94992eeb2541de7d94d97.png

I have to admit if that's the level they took this game to, I for the first time ever will play a game for the second time lol. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just got a pleasant surprise email that it's coming tomorrow! Totally forgot I pre-ordered this two months ago.