EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Mike030270 said:

I think refs now would disagree

If that hit is too dangerous... then just ban tackle football and play flag football only.  

There wasn't a shot to the head, or leading with the head, or arriving before the ball... Football is a collision sport.   If we are going to eliminate collisions, then just eliminate them all.

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

Low man wins.  Davis got too high, Ingram got under his pads and lifted him up off the ground.

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

If that hit is too dangerous... then just ban tackle football and play flag football only.  

There wasn't a shot to the head, or leading with the head, or arriving before the ball... Football is a collision sport.   If we are going to eliminate collisions, then just eliminate them all.

Not too dangerous. Just that it's a defenseless receiver most likely. There are plenty of hard hits that are still legal and allowed

3 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Not too dangerous. Just that it's a defenseless receiver most likely. There are plenty of hard hits that are still legal and allowed

Defenseless receiver is because it's a dangerous play to hit a 'defenseless' player.  He wasn't defenseless... he turned his head.  And his QB ran him into the safety on the throw.  

We're just not going to see eye to eye on this, I guess.   That hit, on that stage, is one of the things that put Dawkins in the HoF.   The hit a couple years later on Vick was the same in terms of putting Dawkins into the Hall.

2 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Should have done Huey Lewis and the News

Their early work was a little too new wave for my taste. But when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.

18 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

My first concert. 

Halftime show is incapable of having people who can play instruments or any kind of rock music.  Either pop country girls music or cRap

My guess is that their objective is to get non football fans to watch… specifically women and young people. Although I did enjoy the most recent halftime show 

If Eagles win the Super Bowl this year then that probably cement stamps Howie into the Hall of Fame.  Two Super Bowls with largely two different rosters, different coaches and a different QB and do so 5 years apart. 

34 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

Siri does have his weird moments. 

That INT was on Gainwell for standing in the wrong spot for an easy throw to be made, Hurts for attempting a screen into traffic, and Gainwell again for not catching a ball that hit him in both hands.

4 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

That INT was on Gainwell for standing in the wrong spot for an easy throw to be made, Hurts for attempting a screen into traffic, and Gainwell again for not catching a ball that hit him in both hands.

Yes Gainwell should have caught the ball period. 

22 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

If Eagles win the Super Bowl this year then that probably cement stamps Howie into the Hall of Fame.  Two Super Bowls with largely two different rosters, different coaches and a different QB and do so 5 years apart. 

Could the trolling be any more obvious

39 minutes ago, Westbrook#36 said:

Their early work was a little too new wave for my taste. But when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.

"No, I like music. Just they're... Huey's too black-sounding for me.”

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Could the trolling be any more obvious

A selection of the GMs in the Hall of Fame...

George Young, Bobby Beathard, Earl "Curly" Lambeau, Bill Polian, Ron Wolf, Tex Schramm, Jim Finks 

He's not there yet.

However, if he continues to put together competitive rosters for another decade AND begins to look old, grizzled, and wise, THEN he'll have a legitimate shot.

43 minutes ago, Westbrook#36 said:

By whom????

Huey had a nice rock/pop sound, no question.  But there was nothing notable about it. 

6 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

By whom????

Huey had a nice rock/pop sound, no question.  But there was nothing notable about it. 

It’s a quote from American Psycho. 

19 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

"No, I like music. Just they're... Huey's too black-sounding for me.”

Well, to each his own.

16 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

By whom????

9 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

It’s a quote from American Psycho. 

20 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

By whom????

4 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’ll try to shake off this news 

Can't wait to turn that sh!t off for 10 minutes...

If Howie wins another I don't know about Hall of Fame, but he would deserve a statue in front of the Linc

He's a little guy so it would be an easy statue to make

Archived